ADVERTISEMENT

Final thoughts on conferences ...

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
NOTE: 43 at-large qualifiers, which will be announced on March 8, while brackets and seeding will be announced on NCAA.com at 6 p.m. on March 9.

You're welcome for the thread with all the conference bracket links!

Finally - what's brewing between these ears on a Monday morning! Medical Forfeits: I've read 100s of forum threads, Twitter tweets, and Facebook posts to last a lifetime on this subject! I understand the reasoning to have this option for coaches/athletes - it's a safeguard to prevent further injuries when applied correctly to the situation. My humble opinion: this is being abused ... I have NO solution to offer at this time? Using words like PENAL and CONSEQUENCES seems a bit over the top for legit MFF's that occur in tournaments. 10 of the 30 (top 6) B1G placement matches were MFF ... the wrestling world "stopped the whirly bird" with the choice of starting position after injury time-outs ... definitely made a big impact!

... I'll throw this out for the masses -- tip of the cap to the Wolverines, well done < ZERO MFF> !!

What's the next best topic for discussion?

Vito took Glory behind the woodshed last night ...
Ed Scott took down Austin O'Connor ...
Amine squeaks it out against Brooks ...
Suriano interviews were a bit "off" to me?

Which matches do I want to see at NCAAs?
Deakin/Carr
Wick / OToole / Bull / Hamiti / Kharchla / Griffin
Starocci / Hidlay / Lewis / Kemerer / Massa
Fix / RBY

Toughest Weight Class
1 - 165
2 - 174
3 - 184
4 - 141

AND --- PSU with 4 champs, 1 runner-up, 2 thirds --- "OUTSTANDING" B1G Tournament! Hard to find any flaws in those numbers!

I was wondering if anyone else had posted about Arujau's demolition of Glory 19-6! Did anyone see that bout? I'm not surprised that Arujau won, but by that much?! Would be interested to see if anyone saw it and give some commentary of how it went down.

Michigan's first Big Ten Title since 1973; disappointing as a PSU fan, but good for wrestling that someone not named Penn State or Iowa won.

Michigan wrestled about as well as they could. 7 wrestlers exceeded their seed and the other 3 met seed ... kudos to them.

Now they will need a repeat performance if they want to challenge in Detroit.

I watched Vito/Glory. He demolished him everywhere. Took him down at will. Reversed him. Tried for the tech fall. Glory had no answers. Vito got off immediately with a takedown. Won a couple scrambles and poured it on.

Reactions: tomsc
NOTE: 43 at-large qualifiers, which will be announced on March 8, while brackets and seeding will be announced on NCAA.com at 6 p.m. on March 9.

You're welcome for the thread with all the conference bracket links!

Finally - what's brewing between these ears on a Monday morning! Medical Forfeits: I've read 100s of forum threads, Twitter tweets, and Facebook posts to last a lifetime on this subject! I understand the reasoning to have this option for coaches/athletes - it's a safeguard to prevent further injuries when applied correctly to the situation. My humble opinion: this is being abused ... I have NO solution to offer at this time? Using words like PENAL and CONSEQUENCES seems a bit over the top for legit MFF's that occur in tournaments. 10 of the 30 (top 6) B1G placement matches were MFF ... the wrestling world "stopped the whirly bird" with the choice of starting position after injury time-outs ... definitely made a big impact!

... I'll throw this out for the masses -- tip of the cap to the Wolverines, well done < ZERO MFF> !!

What's the next best topic for discussion?

Vito took Glory behind the woodshed last night ...
Ed Scott took down Austin O'Connor ...
Amine squeaks it out against Brooks ...
Suriano interviews were a bit "off" to me?

Which matches do I want to see at NCAAs?
Deakin/Carr
Wick / OToole / Bull / Hamiti / Kharchla / Griffin
Starocci / Hidlay / Lewis / Kemerer / Massa
Fix / RBY

Toughest Weight Class
1 - 165
2 - 174
3 - 184
4 - 141

AND --- PSU with 4 champs, 1 runner-up, 2 thirds --- "OUTSTANDING" B1G Tournament! Hard to find any flaws in those numbers!
I watched the Scott/O'Connor match, and O'Connor had a serious knee injury he was dealing with. It looked like at a few points he was going to injury default. Hopefully he can heal up before NCAA's.

I watched the Scott/O'Connor match, and O'Connor had a serious knee injury he was dealing with. It looked like at a few points he was going to injury default. Hopefully he can heal up before NCAA's.
yea, that hobbled him and perhaps made him more aggressive in some situations that didn't pay off.

ADVERTISEMENT