ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Blehar....MM caught in lie?

Except when federal law requires universities to follow their sexual assault procedures. The same federal law that mandated a lot of those clauses in PSU’s procedures. Also - you failed to answer my question on whether those procedures posed problems in what t9 d9 when the victim was unknown.

The Clery Act report on Penn State makes no mention of the specific policies that were in effect in 2001. However, there are a handful of extracts from the report that are important in understanding what the Clery Act requires. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/...center/cleryact/pennstate/PSCFPRD10327991.pdf

At page 49:

One of the central precepts of the Clery Act is an acknowledgement of the fact that students and employees in a higher education setting will often opt to not report crimes directly to law enforcement and will instead choose to first, and perhaps solely, report to another trusted source. This required disclosure reflects that reality and stands for the principle that victims and witnesses should have these options and deserve to know where such reports can be directed and what actions will follow from filing a report.

At page 19:

Under the Clery Act, institutions are required to comply with the policies and procedures established by the institution.

Paragraph 8.B.(v) In the Clery Act is most relevant to the above quotes and describes one of the items that must be included in university sexual assault procedures:
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOD...11-title20-chap28-subchapIV-partF-sec1092.htm

8.B. The policy described in subparagraph (A) shall address the following areas:

8.B.(v) Informing students of their options to notify proper law enforcement authorities, including on-campus and local police, and the option to be assisted by campus authorities in notifying such authorities, if the student so chooses.

"If the student so chooses." In other words, it is the victim's decision whether or not police are informed. Now, this isn't always the case. And the Clery Act gives universities flexibility in how they craft their procedures. But this is one of the basic elements.

This element was codified in a 1992 amendment to the Clery Act, known as the Federal Campus Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights.

And this why PSU sex assault reporting procedures were written the way they were in 1995.
The Clery act does not prevent anyone from reporting a crime to police.

Except...for some reason, both PSU and the NCAA have a different policy. If you are a coach, you tell the AD and you make sure it is also reported outside the sports reporting structure. So, you must be wrong but I am sure you won't "get that"

There may be NCAA policy and PSU policy but there is also the right thing.
Only someone as stupid as you would think the former trumps the latter.

Should have gone.

And the mandated reporter who queried MM disagrees. What are your credentials again?
That mandatory reporter admits to mike referring to sexual sounds and being extremely distraught. In short, that mandatory reporter either doesn’t understand his duties and/or needs to be retrained.

That mandatory reporter admits to mike referring to sexual sounds and being extremely distraught. In short, that mandatory reporter either doesn’t understand his duties and/or needs to be retrained.

Instead, maybe that mandated reporter is just a bad guy who didn’t give a shit about child sexual abuse. In fact MM’s dad and mom, Curley, Schultz and Spanier probably all were bad people that didn’t give a shit about child sexual abuse either. Such a tragic coincidence that so many bad people like that were all involved on the front end of this scandal. Almost seems impossible to believe...

What a dumbass you are.

He's a mandated reporter who's repeated testimony has been that whatever MM witnessed didn't rise to the level of a police report.

What are your credentials?

This is all anyone needs to know if they already didn't is that if someone comes to you and says
they possibly saw a crime, here is what you do. Tell them to call the police. Simple, easy and
more effective than anything you can do.

By the same token, if you tell five different people a story on three different occasions, and not one of them says, "Call the police!", what is the likelihood that you remotely communicated the possibility of a crime to them?

The answer is simple, easy and incredibly more probable than your flawed premise.

The flaw in your incredibly weak position is the premise that a crime was witnessed and a crime was communicated to others. McQ Sr and Dranov testified to the fact that what they were told did not warrant a call to police. Paterno had no idea what you'd call it, but a crime was not one of the possibilities he ever expressed. All Curley and Schultz concluded after speaking with McQ is possibly horseplay. Add to that that V2 said it was horselplay. Yes, the actual victim himself said MikeMcQ did not witness a sex act or sexual abuse.

Instead, maybe that mandated reporter is just a bad guy who didn’t give a shit about child sexual abuse. In fact MM’s dad and mom, Curley, Schultz and Spanier probably all were bad people that didn’t give a shit about child sexual abuse either. Such a tragic coincidence that so many bad people like that were all involved on the front end of this scandal. Almost seems impossible to believe...

What a dumbass you are.
Apparently MM & Raykovitz didn't give a shit about child sexual abuse either. Same for CMHS.

Come to think of it there were a lot of bad people that didn't give a shit about child sexual abuse. CYS kept approving Sandusky adoptions. Seastock, Lauro, etc. Even Alycia Chambers did the minimum. Shreffler did nothing with Chamber's report. So many bad people. You're right, it seems almost impossible to believe.

Apparently MM & Raykovitz didn't give a shit about child sexual abuse either. Same for CMHS.

Come to think of it there were a lot of bad people that didn't give a shit about child sexual abuse. CYS kept approving Sandusky adoptions. Seastock, Lauro, etc. Even Alycia Chambers did the minimum. Shreffler did nothing with Chamber's report. So many bad people. You're right, it seems almost impossible to believe.
Yep they all have to be bad people cause we know MM would not lie.

Yep. It took a Mensa like jive to see through that unfathomable coincidence and get to the truth...

Reactions: bdgan

What a dumbass you are.
Yes, maybe they didn’t. In fact, clearly they didn’t.

He's a mandated reporter who's repeated testimony has been that whatever MM witnessed didn't rise to the level of a police report.

What are your credentials?
Ask @Connorpozlee if what the Dr testified to have heard from MM should have been reported as a mandatory reporter. I believe that is one thing he agrees with me on.

The ignored one you are most likely talking about is "getmyjizz" who has been on my personal scrap heap for months. He, and his ilk, remind me of the old Talking GI Joe Doll that barked out simple-minded phrases dependending on how far you pulled out the string that was attached to his dog tag. Here is some nostalgia for you...
1ce48ac5079de531e94d6b03b7ca2698--gi-joe-vintage-toys.jpg

Ask @Connorpozlee if what the Dr testified to have heard from MM should have been reported as a mandatory reporter. I believe that is one thing he agrees with me on.

I don’t remember exactly what he testified to. If somebody could refresh my memory, that would be great. Off the top of my head I’m not sure that I would say that he should have S opposed to saying that he could have.
I will say this as I have all along: If you have a reasonable belief that a child is in danger of being or has been abused (physically, emotionally, sexually) or neglected then it is within your rights to make a call to your state’s social services agency. It is my belief that it is always better to err on the side of making the call then not making it. If the information you provide does not meet criteria for investigation, then no harm done.

Reactions: Zenophile
I don’t remember exactly what he testified to. If somebody could refresh my memory, that would be great. Off the top of my head I’m not sure that I would say that he should have S opposed to saying that he could have.
I will say this as I have all along: If you have a reasonable belief that a child is in danger of being or has been abused (physically, emotionally, sexually) or neglected then it is within your rights to make a call to your state’s social services agency. It is my belief that it is always better to err on the side of making the call then not making it. If the information you provide does not meet criteria for investigation, then no harm done.
He said that MM told him he heard sexual sounds when he walked in. Then he saw Jerry and the boy alone in the shower. Then the Dr asked three times what he saw them doing but MM was too distraught to answer each time.

Do you think it is reasonable as a mandatory reporter to make a report with that info?

The Clery act does not prevent anyone from reporting a crime to police.

You are such a deep thinker Jive. You still haven't responded to @JmmyW question of whether you believe that the Penn State policy in 2001 on reporting protocol applies to an unknown victim. If it does, then there would be a problem if Paterno reported possible sexual assault to Police because that would run counter to the policy cited. According to that protocol, Paterno reporting what MM related to him to University authorities (Schultz and Curley) was the appropriate route to go.

Reactions: Zenophile and Bob78
But he had authority over people who did police work. You conveniently left that part out. Just like how the POTUS isn't a soldier, but has authority to make others under him do "soldier work".
He apparently felt that there was no need for anyone under him to make a report. How did that work out for him? Better yet, how did that work out for the university that he was to "Protect and Serve"?

He apparently felt that there was no need for anyone under him to make a report. How did that work out for him? Better yet, how did that work out for the university that he was to "Protect and Serve"?
We know how it worked out and how it was worked.

Reactions: francofan
He said that MM told him he heard sexual sounds when he walked in. Then he saw Jerry and the boy alone in the shower. Then the Dr asked three times what he saw them doing but MM was too distraught to answer each time.

Do you think it is reasonable as a mandatory reporter to make a report with that info?

I would not necessarily take that information you just gave me and make a referral. I would need to clarify quite a bit.
What sexual sounds did you hear? What did you see Jerry and the boy doing in the shower? We’re they taking a shower? We’re they touching each other? Etc.....
Honestly- and I think I’ve said this to you before- I couldn’t really make a call to social services based off of the information that McQueary could have given me. Even if he said, “I saw Jerry Sandusky having anal sex in the showers at the Lasch building with an approximately 20 year old boy.” Without any demographic information (name, address,etc...) the call wouldn’t serve any purpose at all. The call to be made would be to police because while you don’t have the name of the child, you do know the perpetrator.

Reactions: Zenophile
Tomorrow at 8:30 am, John Ziegler will be interviewed on WRSC 1390 about Ray Blehar's report concerning the recently revealed Eshbach/McQueary email as it relates to the Penn State fiasco.

Tomorrow at 8:30 am, John Ziegler will be interviewed on WRSC 1390 about Ray Blehar's report concerning the recently revealed Eshbach/McQueary email as it relates to the Penn State fiasco.

Gonna be EPIC!!!!!!

This will totally turn around all of the negativity immediately!!!!

The holy trinity of Zig/Blehar/Snedden cannot fail.

BTW, I have this bridge in one of the New York boroughs for sale or lease. I'm sure you would be interested in making an investment.

Last edited:
Two things:

1) If she doesn't want the truth to come out, that speaks volumes, both about her integrity and the strength of her case.

2) It really wasn't up to her whether MM spoke to the media or not. As a GJ witness, he is totally free to talk to whoever he wants. The only way she could stop him from speaking up is if she had something that she was holding over his head, or if she did an excellent job of selling the "We need your help to put this bad guy away, even if it means lying" pitch to him.
Sure thing. Watch the Sandusky/Costas interview if you want to see why she told him not to go to the media.

You're reading way too much into something that any prosecutor would tell a witness.

Sadly there are idiots everywhere and it does suck. The nature of that man's crime and the sh!tstorm the media made of it in combination of the bad leadership made it about a football program even though most level headed people know better. Joe is a victim of his own good life as people expected him to be a saint and not to be human which he was. Joe trusted those above him to handle it and they really could have done a better job. Saying that here is taboo, but they really could have. Do I think they were malicious criminals out to save Jerry...not at all. Their relationship with him and his grooming for decades allowed him to fool people, but the mob doesn't care about that...they never did...they wanted blood. One phone simple phone call to a proper reporting agency and the narrative is WAY different. One phone call. Everyone will have their own opinion of Joe and MANY hated him long before this...especially the little sisters of the poor like Pitt, RU, and UMD folks.

I agree with you totally just would add knowing how CYS held Sandusky in high esteem not sure the phone call would of stopped anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT