ADVERTISEMENT

Question for all knowing board. Will the Pirates lose this season?

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
2-0 with some talented youth playing this season.

Need more arms but it seems like they will score some runs.

They sure as hell better. This bandwagon is uncomfortably full.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

They might get to .500 but doubt it. Every team gets injuries and they don’t have the depth to cover many injuries.

Next year could be the year. The star catcher Endy is out for this year for Tommy John surgery and the star short stop is coming off a bad ankle injury. Plus Skenes and Jones will be far better next year as they get some big league time logged in. And their 3rd baseman should be at his peak next year.

This year will be about charting progress and watching young players grow.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Tangentially…I was watching a documentary on the pacific theater of WW2 and they showed a guy named Joe E. Brown entertaining the troops in 1944. Apparently he started the whole bob Hope thing. He became an entertainer after being drafted by the Yankees but opting to act instead on play ball. Brown’s son was killed in an Air Force trainer in 1942 so he did this to help. Brown had two sons and two daughters. The two daughters were both adopted. The oldest son died in the WW2 accident. His younger son was Joe L Brown. This may sound familiar. He also loved baseball.

He was the pirates GM from 1955 to 1976. In that time the pirates won two World Series.

I hope they finally turn it around this year. Due to their terrible annual performances and tight pocketed ownership, I've put them on IGNORE for years. I hardly know the names of most of the team. I've even passed on free tickets in the past years. Why go to watch an incompetitent team, pay high parking fees, and grossly overpriced food and beer.

I'd love to jump on the bandwagon again. I'm from the era of Clemente, Groat, Maz, Law, Face, and Virdon.....and later Stargell, Parker, Oliver, Robertson, Hebner, Blass, etc. I miss those days, knowing their numbers, knowing their batting averages, and knowing their nicknames.

For the old timers from the 60's and 70's, who were:
The Quail
The Tiger
The Deacon
The Baron of the Bullpen
The Cobra
The Dog
Don't Boo Stu
Vinegar Bend
The Whip

I hope they finally turn it around this year. Due to their terrible annual performances and tight pocketed ownership, I've put them on IGNORE for years. I hardly know the names of most of the team. I've even passed on free tickets in the past years. Why go to watch an incompetitent team, pay high parking fees, and grossly overpriced food and beer.

I'd love to jump on the bandwagon again. I'm from the era of Clemente, Groat, Maz, Law, Face, and Virdon.....and later Stargell, Parker, Oliver, Robertson, Hebner, Blass, etc. I miss those days, knowing their numbers, knowing their batting averages, and knowing their nicknames.

For the old timers from the 60's and 70's, who were:
The Quail
The Tiger
The Deacon
The Baron of the Bullpen
The Cobra
The Dog
Don't Boo Stu
Vinegar Bend
The Whip
And the great Bob Prince!

Today they are pitching a kid named "Falter". Only the Pirates. Reminds me of the movie when Brad Pitt mentioned a guy and said "he sounds like an Oakland A already". I looked at him and noticed last year Falter really did Falter indeed going 2-9 with a 5 plus ERA.... So I will guess today they get the first L of probably around 90 to 95 Ls...as long as Nutting is there it's hopeless

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
And the great Bob Prince!

Firing Bob Prince was the biggest public relations gaff the Pirates ever made. In my mind, he was the biggest Pittsburgh sports media personality ever......bigger than Mike Lange, Myron Cope, Jack Fleming, Bill Hillgrove, or anybody else. He was a good man.

Firing Bob Prince was the biggest public relations gaff the Pirates ever made. In my mind, he was the biggest Pittsburgh sports media personality ever......bigger than Mike Lange, Myron Cope, Jack Fleming, Bill Hillgrove, or anybody else. He was a good man.
He was drinking too much Hop’n Gator.

Sure enough the Marlins hammer out 5 runs in the first on this tomato can Falter. Only Nutting would look at some kid who goes 2-9 and gets pounded every game and then throw him directly back on the mound the next year. If they work cheap, that's all that matters to Bob. It's hard to believe he hasn't been exposed more than he has been so far.

By the way they also have a backup 4a catcher on that club named "Delay". Only the Pirates.

Falter never should've made the team. They let Anderson go instead and he had a good spring. Seems dumb to me. No idea why they traded Brubaker for a player to be named later when he couldve remained on IL then bolstered the rotation mid season.

Reactions: bison13
Both the Pirates and the Yankees are 4-0. They play each other at Yankee Stadium the last 3 games of the season. They will both be 159 - 0 going into that series. It will be a great series to watch.

Haha!

Worried about an August series at Dodgers, I can not see Pirates dropping a game to anyone else this year.

5-0. Dominant.

It's the Pirates.

As history has shown, just a matter of time before the log slides out on the bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT