ADVERTISEMENT

Question about buying tickets on the street around the stadium

jboots

Oct 12, 2002
I've never purchased tickets from scalpers on the day of the game. I've always paid in advance from PSU or from Ticketmaster, so as to be sure of my acquisition.

I plan to attend the Michigan State game this year and I need 3 tickets together. I already made hotel reservations in Bellefonte.

I usually don't like waiting till the last minute to purchase tickets, but I'd like to get a cheeper price than what I am currently seeing on-line. The additional fees that are charged for these on-line tickets are ridiculous.

I only need game tickets, not parking.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I've never purchased tickets from scalpers on the day of the game. I've always paid in advance from PSU or from Ticketmaster, so as to be sure of my acquisition.

I plan to attend the Michigan State game this year and I need 3 tickets together. I already made hotel reservations in Bellefonte.

I usually don't like waiting till the last minute to purchase tickets, but I'd like to get a cheeper price than what I am currently seeing on-line. The additional fees that are charged for these on-line tickets are ridiculous.

I only need game tickets, not parking.

Any advice?

Thanks.
I've never had problems buying football tickets from scalpers at the game. I've found great seats for great prices before... and sometimes they've been expensive. Just pull up a stadium seating chart on your phone so you know where you're buying. It depends on how patient you are or can be. If you can find a person who's just trying to get rid of extra tickets you usually make out a little cheaper then buying from guys that scalp as a means of income. Either way, bring your cash and dont worry to much, you'll get tickets. Have fun.

Note* I haven't seen prices online yet, so your only gamble in my opinion is whether you would save money vs online.

Last edited:
if you want to get them ahead of time without all the fees consider a ticket exchange board maybe?

It depends on the weather, the opponent and our record at the time, but they will absolutely be available.

The longer you wait, the cheaper they get. Wait until kickoff and prices drop like a rock.
Absolutely agree with what you said. The 3 together might add a slight challenge to find closer to game time if it's supposed to be a good game.

has no one else had the experience that I had? took my son to a game a couple of years ago...minor opponent...possibly UMass in 2014.....we never have a problem picking up cheap tickets around the stadium but on this day nobody was selling cheaply.....five minutes AFTER kickoff there were groups of fans who wanted tickets and groups of scalpers just staring at each other outside the stadium....neither group willing to budge on price

we made one last walk around the outside of the stadium and found a guy selling his last pair for 40 bucks each to "get the hell out of here and go home"

crazy stuff...never seen anything like it before

has no one else had the experience that I had? took my son to a game a couple of years ago...minor opponent...possibly UMass in 2014.....we never have a problem picking up cheap tickets around the stadium but on this day nobody was selling cheaply.....five minutes AFTER kickoff there were groups of fans who wanted tickets and groups of scalpers just staring at each other outside the stadium....neither group willing to budge on price

we made one last walk around the outside of the stadium and found a guy selling his last pair for 40 bucks each to "get the hell out of here and go home"

crazy stuff...never seen anything like it before
Yes. The “pro scalpers” have one boss who makes the call on general range of price to sell. They wanted face and above for Ohio bobcats and they would not drop. They ended up eating dozens of tickets. I don’t know if they were trying to send a message or set a tone for the season, but I’ve never seen that before.

Big games there may be NO tickets. Had a friend fly up from Texas (I had my ticket) and we watched game from lions den cuz none available. Pitt game year or two back same thing. Don’t know how big MSU will be. Guessing not one of “those” but do t know

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT