ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation next week vs MSU

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
If Allar can't play because of either concussion protocol or a shoulder/arm injury (those were speculations from Jones/Ham), then Pribula will have to allowed to throw the ball some. His lone pass to Warren today wasn't bad. Use short passing game and it will open up the running for Allen and Singleton as well as Beau.

Last edited:
If Allar can't play because of either concussion protocol or a shoulder/am injury (those were speculations from Jones/Ham), then Pribeula will have to allowed to throw the ball some. His lone pass to Warren today wasn't bad. Use short passing game and it will open up the running for Allen and Singleton as well as Beau.
Agree, but honestly they shouldn't have to pass much to beat Sparty. They have been an absolute dumpster fire all season.

If Allar can't play because of either concussion protocol or a shoulder/am injury (those were speculations from Jones/Ham), then Pribula will have to allowed to throw the ball some. His lone pass to Warren today wasn't bad. Use short passing game and it will open up the running for Allen and Singleton as well as Beau.
He passed today was a flip. It wasn't even a legit throw. We won't need to throw the ball next week to win.

On the one hand, would like to see him throw some forward passes. On the other hand, if the coaches are not going to spread the field with Allar at QB, why would we do so with Pribula?

If Allar can't play because of either concussion protocol or a shoulder/arm injury (those were speculations from Jones/Ham), then Pribula will have to allowed to throw the ball some. His lone pass to Warren today wasn't bad. Use short passing game and it will open up the running for Allen and Singleton as well as Beau.
Will KLS play? Did he play today? I don't think he's caught a pass in 2 weeks.

We only had 2 completions to WRs today. One each Clifford & Evans.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister

Pribula is basically Levis 2.0. There is a reason the staff doesn’t require him to throw the ball much.

That gives the head coach an excuse if we lose with a backup, he can’t throw the ball

He didn't have to throw the ball today. Complaining about it is looking for something to bitch about. He rushed for nearly 100 yards, he led the offense, he moved the ball and he put it in the end zone twice.

STFU and give the guy credit.
He can't throw the ball
It's like saying JJ won the game last week for Michigan
And we were already winning when he entered the game. And Drew was running well.

For those of you still insisting that Lando isn't a troll: I posted "Beau looked damn good out there today", and Lando posted the rolling laughter emoji.

I don't ever want to hear another thing from anyone about that troll.

This is my official last post in the topic so haters, you can stick it also.

For those of you still insisting that Lando isn't a troll: I posted "Beau looked damn good out there today", and Lando posted the rolling laughter emoji.

I don't ever want to hear another thing from anyone about that troll.

This is my official last post in the topic so haters, you can stick it also.
Yes, you posting that in many threads is funny. Beau threw one pass today--one. And it was on a roll out. We learned absolutely nothing against another bad team.

The comparison for Beau is not Will Levis. He is a faster version of Trace. He also is our first ever quarterback who knows when to give and when to pull the ball in the read option.

The offense looked better today with Pribula than it did with Allar. That's not a comment on the future, not an indictment of the staff for not playing him more this year, and not a criticism of Drew.

It's a simple statement of fact about today's game, and that's all.

The comparison for Beau is not Will Levis. He is a faster version of Trace. He also is our first ever quarterback who knows when to give and when to pull the ball in the read option.

The offense looked better today with Pribula than it did with Allar. That's not a comment on the future, not an indictment of the staff for not playing him more this year, and not a criticism of Drew.

In your opinion, why do you think the staff has limited Pribula passing the ball?

Also, I wouldn’t get too excited about Pribula’s performance. It was against Rutgers.

FINALLY! A post with class, truth etc vs the unrelenting negativity with all things PSU football. Yes, criticism is fine, but the same repetitive comments? My final comment is Drew is a warrior,all of those players are, my prayers for his recovery!

In your opinion, why do you think the staff has limited Pribula passing the ball?

Also, I wouldn’t get too excited about Pribula’s performance. It was against Rutgers.
I didn't say anything about Rutgers. I said the offense was better TODAY with Pribula. That's a simple statement of fact. The offense actually called 4 passes today with Beau, on one of them he completed to 44 for 9 yards, on the other three he had nobody open, and he scrambled for positive yardage rather than an incomplete pass.

Why was he limited? Probably because the offense was moving the football better the way that the coordinators were calling the game.

Both coordinators today were far superior to any game MY called all year.

I didn't say anything about Rutgers. I said the offense was better TODAY with Pribula. That's a simple statement of fact. The offense actually called 4 passes today with Beau, on one of them he completed to 44 for 9 yards, on the other three he had nobody open, and he scrambled for positive yardage rather than an incomplete pass.

Why was he limited? Probably because the offense was moving the football better the way that the coordinators were calling the game.

This just keeps getting more and more delusional

I hear you. However, I wouldn’t get too excited about a whopping 4 passes.

The offense is abysmal.

how would you know that? Did he do anything but run the ball? Revisionist is wild, he is an NFL starter. 1 of 32 in the world

You are having a problem with basic logic. How players perform currently in the NFL does not erase their playing history in college.

Another example of Franklin being totally lost. Let the damn kid play the game. It's like Franklin has a couple sets of shackles.

Rutgers did come into this game with a top 15 defense.
And our quarterback nearly ran for 100 yards. In addition, on three called passing plays with nobody open, instead of an incomplete pass or a sack, our quarterback ran for positive yardage and 2 first downs.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
You are having a problem with basic logic. How players perform currently in the NFL does not erase their playing history in college.
Can you educate me, what was Levis's playing history at Penn state? Was he given a real opportunity to play and develop as a QB at Penn state? I say this as a Clifford fan.

Can you educate me, what was Levis's playing history at Penn state? Was he given a real opportunity to play and develop as a QB at Penn state? I say this as a Clifford fan.

I don’t disagree with you on the lack of opportunity given Levis or the lack of player development by the coaching staff.

He was basically used as a battering ram on running plays.

Completed 61 of 102 passes for 644 yards. Three TDS, two interceptions. Rushed for 473 yards and 6 TDS.

Pribula with 100% completion percentage and almost 100 yards rushing and no punts, damn near perfect game.

Reactions: JoeParulz
I don’t disagree with you on the lack of opportunity given Levis or the lack of player development by the coaching staff.

He was basically used as a battering ram on running plays.

Completed 61 of 102 passes for 644 yards. Three TDS, two interceptions. Rushed for 473 yards and 6 TDS.
A) He was an inexperienced sophomore competing against a returning starter.

B) He was a classic drop back QB trying to run a RPO offense which wasn’t even close to his skill set.

C) He wasn’t allowed to pass so we have no idea how he would have performed here.

D) Was only used as a wildcat fullback.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT