ADVERTISEMENT

PSWC Banquet on Sunday, April 7, 2024.

That's interesting. Many would say his challenges last year were on feet: not pulling the trigger enough, not creating angles/shooting too straight on, and not finishing cleanly.

Those things would be improved by a year of freestyle training with Dake and Jason.
He would probably learn more from the Bull and Kaleb Young since they don’t have national team commitments like Jason and Kyle.

Signed: Bob Nicolls, Street Fighter

For how intense, cut throat and problematic a program can become (and we've seen it at other schools), I'm impressed how this staff keeps it lite and the ability as it was said to realize its a game. Let the boys enjoy the journey. From having Bonnie around to help who needs and wants such help, to a prayer meeting at Nationals. Part of that being almost family like and the part about "who would you want to date your sister?" That was classic. There are some great guys on that team. A lot to pick from!

I'd sponsor an award for that!
Carter had the best response in his semis interview about how he makes it look easy. Mentioned because it is, it's just a game. Then said what Harriet Tubman and Martin Luther King did, that's what's actually difficult.

I previously posted on another thread that I think everyone seems to be overlooking Ryder. His pedigree, combined with a senior year training with M2 - he has Levi vibes all over to me. Am I misreading the group or am I over reading Zack’s ability to challenge right out of the gate? Are most assuming RS?? Thoughts?
I thought redshirt but who knows at this point. I've been impressed as well he has a high ceiling in my opinion

That's interesting. Many would say his challenges last year were on feet: not pulling the trigger enough, not creating angles/shooting too straight on, and not finishing cleanly.

Those things would be improved by a year of freestyle training with Dake and Jason.
I agree he couldn't create angles at all and struggled to be offensive.

Reactions: RandyL
I thought redshirt but who knows at this point. I've been impressed as well he has a high ceiling in my opinion
He'll certainly get his chance to compete for it, and if he separates himself from the others (i.e. Facundo and Barraclough), the spot will be his, but a "tie" in the competition (i.e. no one has clearly separated from the others) will go to one of the guys who can't redshirt. I think the tentative plan is redshirt and let Facundo & Barraclough decide who gets the starting spot, but again, Ryder certainly will get a chance to prove he is clearly the best choice and separate a little from the others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT