ADVERTISEMENT

PSWC Banquet on Sunday, April 7, 2024.

Couldnt Carter enroll in January, skip all classes, compete in duals, Big Tens and NCAAs and then drop out of school. Zero attended classes!!! And possibly a fifth National Championship!
It seems like I've red this somwhere else, maybe just subliminal🧐

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Would we think Mitchell moves to 157 or 174? Tia.
We will know in November, but Mitchell is not that big and we have a 174, he will be a destroyer of worlds at 157.

I love the thought and anticipation for new blood in the lineup. I am excited for what Alex can do, likewise Barr.

Lots of potential intrigue at 125, (maybe 133, 141 & 149), 197, and let's hope none at Heavy

Reactions: Ja1339
Follow-up regarding my 90 yo MIL's bucket list visit to the luncheon ... She had a great time and got to meet many wrestlers ... Braeden, Levi, Mitchell, Aaron and of course Carter, not to mention Cael... As she is in a wheelchair, it would have been nearly impossible for her to navigate the room to their locations, so all of the athletes (and Cael) made the extra effort to walk over to visit with her... Levi and Braeden actually came back for second visits and longer conversations ... As Jeff Byers mentioned - "WE ARE ... GRATEFUL" and blessed to have the PSU wrestling team (wrestlers and coaches) as our public embassadors .... Just for some inside scoop, my MIL made Cael promise that he would no be leaving until she is 115 y/o.

Yeah, it actually is
Ok, I'll suspend my disbelief of that poster. I remember being skeptical after seeing some of his past posts, but that was a while ago and maybe no longer warranted.

There is still the sense that nothing we"ve been told before (including from Byers) matters until that guy weighs in.

Follow-up regarding my 90 yo MIL's bucket list visit to the luncheon ... She had a great time and got to meet many wrestlers ... Braeden, Levi, Mitchell, Aaron and of course Carter, not to mention Cael... As she is in a wheelchair, it would have been nearly impossible for her to navigate the room to their locations, so all of the athletes (and Cael) made the extra effort to walk over to visit with her... Levi and Braeden actually came back for second visits and longer conversations ... As Jeff Byers mentioned - "WE ARE ... GRATEFUL" and blessed to have the PSU wrestling team (wrestlers and coaches) as our public embassadors .... Just for some inside scoop, my MIL made Cael promise that he would no be leaving until she is 115 y/o.
Only 115? Why so young?
I saw some of your interactions as well from afar. It was very nice how everyone interacted with you MIL.

Carter told me he will not be back next year. 😪
Huge sigh of relief from the folks who are worried about how the future lineups will shake out. 🤣

Seriously, good for Carter. He came, he conquered, and he stuck to his word. It was never about “winning 5 titles” for him. I still remember watching him knock Nijenhuis in HS and thinking to myself this kid is a badass.

I take it he'll battle Facundo for the spot at 174. Should be interesting. Barraclough that is.

With the most uncomfortable seats i ever sat in, not to mention you could not see all of the 4 mats. Rutgers should not be allowed to host again unless they build a new arena.
That IS the new arena! Nah, it was built almost 50 years ago and was the first home of the NJ Nets in the 1977-78 NBA season. As a grad student at Rutgers that season, I was able to get tickets for $2.50 a game. Since almost no one came to the games, you could move down to courtside seats in the second half. I saw more NBA games in person that season than I've seen in the rest of my life combined.

And Rutgers hosting resulted in the pandemic (jk), so we don't want to do that again.

But, in all seriousness, it's not an appropriate venue for B1Gs in any case. It's caught in between small college gym and proper arena.

I take it he'll battle Facundo for the spot at 174. Should be interesting. Barraclough that is.
I previously posted on another thread that I think everyone seems to be overlooking Ryder. His pedigree, combined with a senior year training with M2 - he has Levi vibes all over to me. Am I misreading the group or am I over reading Zack’s ability to challenge right out of the gate? Are most assuming RS?? Thoughts?

I previously posted on another thread that I think everyone seems to be overlooking Ryder. His pedigree, combined with a senior year training with M2 - he has Levi vibes all over to me. Am I misreading the group or am I over reading Zack’s ability to challenge right out of the gate? Are most assuming RS?? Thoughts?
The difference is that there is not an immediate opening in the lineup like there was with Levi, so I think they plan to RS him, but those plans are written in pencil only and if he goes out there and is clearly the best option for the weight by second semester, then those plans could easily change. That likely means losing Facundo to the portal, which will sting but will sting less knowing that he left because he was beaten out by a true frosh.

The kids who "blue shirt" (e.g. Levi and Kasak and now Ryder) shouldn't need a RS year for development as much as kids who were still competing against kids in their senior year of HS, but regardless, there needs to be opportunity for him in the lineup as well.

Reactions: RandyL
It will be interesting watching Facundo, his freestyle results indicate that he may have jumped levels.
I agree. I think Facundo will win the 174 spot next year (assuming Starocci is not back), and I'm excited to see what he can do. I think we'll see a different guy than the 0-2 BBQ Facundo from the 2023 nationals.

I agree. I think Facundo will win the 174 spot next year (assuming Starocci is not back), and I'm excited to see what he can do. I think we'll see a different guy than the 0-2 BBQ Facundo from the 2023 nationals.
We have seen the level jump before at this very weight actually, Quentin Wright went directly from low podium to national championship, and working with Dake as the previous poster mentioned, is going to make a huge difference. This is part of the magic of Cael and the staff also. Who else can take a guy, redshirt him, and have him work with Kyle freaking Dake a whole year plus?

For how intense, cut throat and problematic a program can become (and we've seen it at other schools), I'm impressed how this staff keeps it lite and the ability as it was said to realize its a game. Let the boys enjoy the journey. From having Bonnie around to help who needs and wants such help, to a prayer meeting at Nationals. Part of that being almost family like and the part about "who would you want to date your sister?" That was classic. There are some great guys on that team. A lot to pick from!

I'd sponsor an award for that!

For how intense, cut throat and problematic a program can become (and we've seen it at other schools), I'm impressed how this staff keeps it lite and the ability as it was said to realize its a game. Let the boys enjoy the journey. From having Bonnie around to help who needs and wants such help, to a prayer meeting at Nationals. Part of that being almost family like and the part about "who would you want to date your sister?" That was classic. There are some great guys on that team. A lot to pick from!

Just don't call it the Mastro Award.

He may have jumped levels in neutral, but IMO, his weakness was mat wrestling the year he was in the lineup.
That's interesting. Many would say his challenges last year were on feet: not pulling the trigger enough, not creating angles/shooting too straight on, and not finishing cleanly.

Those things would be improved by a year of freestyle training with Dake and Jason.

Was Bonnie at the Banquet? SIAP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT