ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Iowa predictions?

Random is ducking coach phil
dr-phil.gif

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
Last year someone posted a great “it’s Iowa week” thread. I like that.

Reactions: nerfstate
Don't call him. He's not worth your time and he doesn't deserve any respect from PSU fans. His kid is ducking... just keep pushing that..
Binder says hawk parents should seek attention. Posting that a guy on a wrestling forum should call you, instead of just posting what you want to say, makes GIAs like WannabeTurk think you really laid it on a guy.

I truly doubt a Division 1 wrestler dictates to a coach on who they do and don't want to wrestle. More times than not I think the mentality of a wrestler would be to wrestle the Big Dog.
Coaches would think different.
I can see that happening with a Brooks, Star, Stieber, Dake, situation.
Not a true freshman.

Look, like everyone else here, I have a soft spot for Glazier. Everyone loves a gritty room guy stepping in and winning big matches. It makes it all that much better that he was central to AJ's humiliating behavior along the way. With that said, it's not happening. Not in a million years.
While I agree with this take, Glazier has majorly upgraded himself from "scrappy room guy" at this point. He has a high attack and finish rate and has been bonusing opponents left and right, most noticeably Silas Allred. Similarly, Bobby Striggow has been bonused twice this year, by AB and Glazier.

He really didn't win though. AJ was dq'd.
I get the sarcasm, just pointing out that he lost on the mat.
Don't worry, I remember that AJ got the takedown first in SV. In fact, I think I'll go as far to say I will never forget what happened at the end of that match 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: Sett1997
Like Mark Hall? (Also, Brooks and Dake never shirted.)
My point was that true freshman, shirts, wouldn't have the cred too make that call. Including the superstars I named.
I'm sure that all of them as true freshman , shirts didn't either. Only after being multi time champs would they be able to have a say.
True freshman Gabe has zero say when he wrestles. Imo.
I edited and clarified with this post.

Last edited:

Pyles said Gabe Arnold again called out Starocci after his match last Friday vs Welsh, but deleted the tweet.

1) Anyone know what it said?
2) Starting to think he may go at 174 after all. Otherwise WTH is a redshirting JV doing calling out a defending 3x national champ?

Reactions: Ski and danoftw

Pyles said Gabe Arnold again called out Starocci after his match last Friday vs Welsh, but deleted the tweet.

2) Starting to think he may go at 174 after all. Otherwise WTH is a redshirting JV doing calling out a defending 3x national champ?
1. Sweet deleting it.
2. This isn’t your father’s Iowa.

I am flabbergasted I am seeing scenarios where we send Carter to 184 if Gabe is there and give PK a much easier match and bump Bernie out lol for the sake of proving a point. Luckily, Cael is more level headed than our fans and probably forgot about a tweet from a high schooler lol

Here's the facts:
1. Carter is our 174, Bernie is our 184
2. PK is their 174, Gabe is redshirting, Riggins is their 184
3. Gabe could wrestle 174 this dual, however, I imagine Brands prefers his intended postseason 174 starter to get a shot at #1
4. Gabe could go 184 as a way to try to steal the match with his defensive style, that is much more likely scenario as the reality is Riggins is not going to qualify for NCAAs
#3.
Will kennedy get a better seed if he has a "good loss" tomorrow?

You really think the thought of ducking Carter hasn't been discussed??

I'm sure you are.

If you were an Iowa fan you would like most of what you've seen from Caliendo this year. Hard not to cheer for that kid.
Yeah, TnT need to get his approach spreading. Ayala, Glazier and Siebrecht have shown that a critical mass isn’t far off. Just need some higher talent to spread it to.

#3.
Will kennedy get a better seed if he has a "good loss" tomorrow?

You really think the thought of ducking Carter hasn't been discussed??
I doubt there will be a "good loss". Angry Carter is going to show up either way, and I think he probably techs PK.

You don't have to be an Iowa fan to appreciate a kid like Caliendo. He is an exciting wrestler to watch, and I'm looking forward to 165 more than any other match tomorrow night.
In terms of excitement, I believe this will be the most exciting match, and probably my most anticipated for that reason, even over the 1-2 matchup at 141 (unless we actually get Carter vs Gabe). I'd love to see Mesenbrink win 16-12 or something like that. 125 is probably my second most anticipated because of how big of a test it is for Davis in his development/progression.

Has anyone been listening to these crazies from Flo wrestling this week? They make it sound like we shouldn’t even show up. They think we could lose 4 to 5 matches, Davis, Bartlett, Haines, Messenbrink and if they bring Arnold out he will win to is this their first year of watching Psu wrestling? These guys aren’t to smart
You don’t come across as smart with this take. They have the over/under on Iowa matches won at 2.5 and I think most chose under. Their job is to discuss each match and explain the potentials and an honest fan will look at this dual and see 5 potential closer matches at 125, 141, 149, 157 and 165. Personally I expect PSU to win 149, 157 and 165 to be at least a major for our guy. Don’t take a lack of fandom toward your team and honest conversation to be lacking smarts.

Reactions: Ski and WildTurk

Screenshot or it didn’t happen.

In terms of excitement, I believe this will be the most exciting match, and probably my most anticipated for that reason, even over the 1-2 matchup at 141 (unless we actually get Carter vs Gabe). I'd love to see Mesenbrink win 16-12 or something like that. 125 is probably my second most anticipated because of how big of a test it is for Davis in his development/progression.
This is the match I’m most excited about as well. I feel every Mesenbrink match is appointment viewing. I’m a fan of Caliendo and think he’s super tough but I’ve seen him get tired and fade a bit in the 3rd and that is a bad thing to have happen against MM. if Mesenbrink is leading heading into the 3rd I could see it ending in a major but I could also see Caliendo up by a td early and Mitchell running him down to win by a couple. I have a really hard time seeing a way that Mesenbrink loses however. I think it ends like 10-4 Mesenbrink. 3 tds and an escape to 4 escapes.

Reactions: Ski and PSU Yinzer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT