ADVERTISEMENT

PSU to Rose Bowl Likely IMO

ND was 8 spots behind PSU going into today. Given PSU’s relatively close loss at OSU and ND’s meaningless home win against BC, there’s just no way ND jumps PSU. ND closes their season @ Stanford. No real opportunity to make noise.
I just meant what would have to happen for them to play each other in a bowl game? I don’t follow the whole automatic bid for conference nonsense enough to see if it’s even possible.

Reactions: PSUoh90
They cannot meet.

Psu will
Most likely be in rose bowl.

If not then the orange bowl against va tech or va. Acc runner up!

Maybe just semantics...but the Rose Bowl doesn't get to choose their teams. The CFP does it. They'll pick the highest ranked, non-CFP teams from the Big Ten and Pac-12. Period.

If the CFP committee says PSU ends the season ranked higher than 10-3 Wisconsin...or 9-3 Michigan...or 11-2 Minnesota...then we'll be in the Rose Bowl.

If OSU can get past Michigan next week in the Big House, I think they'll win easily over Wiscy or Minny.
The Rose Bowl tells them who they want when it’s close. Don’t be naive. Committee listens to NY6 pick teams for bowls that will generate most Bowl $$ and then committee goes about business. In the end, the only teams the committee truly ranks is the top 4. From there, they throw it to the bowls to make picks. Then for semantics, they rank accordingly. Rose will take who Rose wants. It’s all about $$

Nope. OSU would be around a 3/4-point favorite. OSU is more complete. LSU’s defense is suspect. They do have the best resume at the moment though and deserve to be ranked #1.

We need to extend Franklin ASAP and give him more money for assistants. Sky is the limit if we do this.

PSU has way better resume then Utah and Oregon but didn't stop CFP to rank them ahead of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT