ADVERTISEMENT

PSU picks up another transfer commit (link)

A thread about a great pick up from the transfer portal and it contains 3 pages of people complaining about the portal itself and James Franklin. If you aren't a fan and can't get excited about PSU football, why do you all come here?
I’m not sure why everyone else is here, but I like telling all the other posters about the great deal I received on an extended car 🚗 warranty.

I keep seeing TCF as a potential to stay? My instincts were that he would leave. Is there any actual reason for "optimism" or is it just cause he hasn't made the announcement yet?
I agree with your instincts. My gut says both Oweh and TCF were "silent opt-outs" the last several games. I guess there could be some valid reason why TCF was able to go through normal pregame warm-ups, but couldn't play in the game, but I lean towards the "he's gone" scenario.

Also, the standard method of handling these announcements by the PSU publicity/media team is to give each player his "own day" to release the social media announcements of their decisions and they generally spread those out over a period of a week or more.

But the committee has used “losing in Sept / Oct compared to Dec” argument in the past.
I would have no problem with Cincinnati being in. People say well they are obviously not as good.

How many times did any of us actually watch a Cincinnati game this year. Or a Coastal Carolina game ?

The committee I’m guessing has the same biases that we have. “Well a group of 5 team has no chance against a P 5 team”. Except there are upsets every year.

If the Group 5 and the P 5 are both D-1 with 85 Scholarships, then of course there are going to be times when they will beat P5 team. Look at Boise St, and MAC schools that beat a P5 team every year.

Someone explain to me in Objective terms how Cincinnati or C Carolina (obviously before their loss) how or why they weren’t deserving a shot in the playoff.

These are some of the reasons why the playoff needs to be expanded to 6-8 teams. The argument well then we would argue about 7,8,9,10 spots. I don’t think we would as much. Because I think when you get to that point it is much clearer as to who is in and who isn’t good enough or not a good enough record.
But the committee has used “losing in Sept / Oct compared to Dec” argument in the past.
I would have no problem with Cincinnati being in. People say well they are obviously not as good.

How many times did any of us actually watch a Cincinnati game this year. Or a Coastal Carolina game ?

The committee I’m guessing has the same biases that we have. “Well a group of 5 team has no chance against a P 5 team”. Except there are upsets every year.

If the Group 5 and the P 5 are both D-1 with 85 Scholarships, then of course there are going to be times when they will beat P5 team. Look at Boise St, and MAC schools that beat a P5 team every year.

Someone explain to me in Objective terms how Cincinnati or C Carolina (obviously before their loss) how or why they weren’t deserving a shot in the playoff.

These are some of the reasons why the playoff needs to be expanded to 6-8 teams. The argument well then we would argue about 7,8,9,10 spots. I don’t think we would as much. Because I think when you get to that point it is much clearer as to who is in and who isn’t good enough or not a good enough record.
I disagree. I think there are a lot more teams that could make an argument for deserving the 7-10 slots.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I don't like the professionalizing of college football. I won't say I'm out but it isn't the same for me. I care a lot less about outcomes.

The playoff fix is to create an actual playoff that gives every team a path to the championship game. Fans won't like it and it will never be supported. Everyone wants their favorite 1 or 2 loss team to get in. Cincinnati is a perfect example. They had no chance to win the National Championship before the season started and they still don't. Can't call it a playoff. It is still the same old MNC. I would have less issue with it being Alabama v Clemson in the championship every year if they actually gave everyone a chance to get there. Give us 10 Conference champs and either 4 at large with 1 and 2 getting a first round bye or 6 at-large and no byes. It is so easy to have a real playoff but they don't want to share the $$ with the AAC, MAC, Mt. West, Sun Belt, or Conference USA. It could also elevate those leagues by having a path and the extra revenue to improve.

I don't like the professionalizing of college football. I won't say I'm out but it isn't the same for me. I care a lot less about outcomes.

The playoff fix is to create an actual playoff that gives every team a path to the championship game. Fans won't like it and it will never be supported. Everyone wants their favorite 1 or 2 loss team to get in. Cincinnati is a perfect example. They had no chance to win the National Championship before the season started and they still don't. Can't call it a playoff. It is still the same old MNC. I would have less issue with it being Alabama v Clemson in the championship every year if they actually gave everyone a chance to get there. Give us 10 Conference champs and either 4 at large with 1 and 2 getting a first round bye or 6 at-large and no byes. It is so easy to have a real playoff but they don't want to share the $$ with the AAC, MAC, Mt. West, Sun Belt, or Conference USA. It could also elevate those leagues by having a path and the extra revenue to improve.
I actually agree with you. As long as they are all categorized at the same level, they should have equal standing. Now, I don’t think they should all be categorized the same but as long as they are they should be treated equally.

Reactions: TheGLOV

You are right about the dollars. The P5 don't want to share it and, as things currently stand, there isn't enough incremental revenue to justify an expansion.

A thread about a great pick up from the transfer portal and it contains 3 pages of people complaining about the portal itself and James Franklin. If you aren't a fan and can't get excited about PSU football, why do you all come here?

Most of the cry babies were never psu fans. They were joebots and they won't be happy into Joe's corpse is propped up on the sideline like weekend at bernies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT