ADVERTISEMENT

PSU picks up another transfer commit (link)

Quitting on the season and not playing the bowl game, and now taking in someone from South Carolina via the transfer portal. Penn State is done being a program that did things differently, and I'm done with Penn State.

Good riddance, see you later. If only we were so lucky. I’m sure you will continue to post your BS on here.

Enjoy your turnover chains (or greeting cards), undisciplined teams, and SEC style nonsense. It really is all going to shit. Sad!

I'm not reading through all the nonsense.... So, why did the kid leave SoCar? Seemed like he had a good year and now just wants to leave? Is there a reason or just the new era of the transfer portal?

Who improved significantly? A&M would get blown out by Bama again tomorrow

Sure. Alabama improved too. Notre Dame and Ohio State look the same as they did early. Maybe worse. A&M might be the third best team in the country right now. They beat Florida the week after losing to Bama. And haven’t really been tested.

Sure. Alabama improved too. Notre Dame and Ohio State look the same as they did early. Maybe worse. A&M might be the third best team in the country right now. They beat Florida the week after losing to Bama. And haven’t really been tested.
Vegas has OSU as a 12 point favorite over A&M so I'll take their word for it over yours

After the hell we went through with the aftermath of Sandusky and the entirety of cfb recruiting our roster, I hope we take 100 transfers and deplete rosters all over the country. I cannnot believe any PSU fan would be adverse to this post Sandusky. If we took 100 transfers in the next 5 years it would still not suffice for the witch hunt and plunder we endured really not that long ago.

You picked poor examples for your point. OSU won the game, isn’t that the point? Everyone spends so much time complaining about the ‘eye test,’ but now you want to use it?

Who do you want in over ND? A&M lost by 28 to Alabama, it shouldnt matter that they lost in October instead of December
2nd game of the season.

I look at our improvement over the final 4 games... by year's end we were playing somwhere close to what we could have been (if you toss in parsons and our RB's). I don't follow tamu enough to know whether they got their sheiss together, but i thing a rematch had potential and likely isn't a 28 pt game.

2nd game of the season.

I look at our improvement over the final 4 games... by year's end we were playing somwhere close to what we could have been (if you toss in parsons and our RB's). I don't follow tamu enough to know whether they got their sheiss together, but i thing a rematch had potential and likely isn't a 28 pt game.
Either 'every game matters' or it doesn't

Our defensive scheme seems to put our DBs in conflict. When we let our CBs play tight m2m, the better ones usually excel. Think Reid pre-injury, TCF first two years, and JPJ this year. When they camp out 7-10 off the ball they tend to get beat more.

I can't remember our last good pass defense safety. Like, really strong at coming over to the sideline and getting the PBU or undercutting a route for the INT. They've essentially been like hybrid S/LBs with a lot of run defense responsibilities who can line up deep or creep up.

We've even had 1-2 CBs transfer out and get playing time. I think our safety's have been the bigger issues than our CBs.

As much as he missed towards the end of the season, I think he silently opted out. Just waiting on his declaration.

Where have you gone, Jimmy Boyd?

Almost made me sad to see what used to be. Today? Probably ring him up for targeting and throw him outta the game.

Either 'every game matters' or it doesn't
No disputing that, but then so does Nd -Clemson part 2 where ND met the real clemson and got demolished. Late in the season.. no excuses for still figuring stuff out. Whereas tamu figured it out and won out.

I'd take a TAMU rematch over ND anyday... but it is what it is.

Reactions: Ski and TheGLOV
Quitting on the season and not playing the bowl game, and now taking in someone from South Carolina via the transfer portal. Penn State is done being a program that did things differently, and I'm done with Penn State.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

And the world breathed a sigh of relief. :rolleyes:

Reactions: LionJim
For the thousanth time... he was injured just before the opportunity presented itself...that per non other than CJF.
Sorry, I must have missed it a thousand times. Maybe I missed this another thousand times but can you tell me the nature and extent of the injury? I assume but don't know (maybe I missed that as well) it must have happened in practice; how?

I think many people don’t like the way college football is going with the transfer portal but the truth is...if you don’t find a way to use it at least sometimes to improve your team...you are falling behind..it is what it is at this point. I mean for example.. if PSU had a chance to get a QB like OSU did (Fields) you wouldn’t want him??

Does this mean that if the pandemic eases.....combined with the tragic loss of nobarefeet....the whiteouts will only be 107,281?

A team that quits on the season doesn’t finish 4-0 after a 0-5 start. The team doesn’t owe us a bowl game. Especially during the worst of this pandemic.

Is your problem with South Carolina? Or the portal in general? I have news on the latter — this isn’t the first transfer Penn State has gotten.

Take your ball, go home and don’t come back. We’ll do just fine with one less idiot in our fan base.

You picked poor examples for your point. OSU won the game, isn’t that the point? Everyone spends so much time complaining about the ‘eye test,’ but now you want to use it?

Who do you want in over ND? A&M lost by 28 to Alabama, it shouldnt matter that they lost in October instead of December

But the committee has used “losing in Sept / Oct compared to Dec” argument in the past.
I would have no problem with Cincinnati being in. People say well they are obviously not as good.

How many times did any of us actually watch a Cincinnati game this year. Or a Coastal Carolina game ?

The committee I’m guessing has the same biases that we have. “Well a group of 5 team has no chance against a P 5 team”. Except there are upsets every year.

If the Group 5 and the P 5 are both D-1 with 85 Scholarships, then of course there are going to be times when they will beat P5 team. Look at Boise St, and MAC schools that beat a P5 team every year.

Someone explain to me in Objective terms how Cincinnati or C Carolina (obviously before their loss) how or why they weren’t deserving a shot in the playoff.

These are some of the reasons why the playoff needs to be expanded to 6-8 teams. The argument well then we would argue about 7,8,9,10 spots. I don’t think we would as much. Because I think when you get to that point it is much clearer as to who is in and who isn’t good enough or not a good enough record.

Reactions: JWB389 and Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT