ADVERTISEMENT

PSU MBB vs #13 Virginia Tech on BTN right now.

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
Watkins is playing and changes the game completely. Tied at 23 at 7 minutes. VT shooting something like 5-6 on 3s Watkins has played about 6 minutes with 4 left in the first. He has 3 or 4 blocks and 4 points I think. PSU up 30-28

VT up by 2 with 1 minute in half. VT 8-9 from 3
VT 37-35 at the half
VT up by 6. On fire from 3 and play great D
VT up by 2. MJones 5-5 for PSU including 4-4 from 3.
VT 55-52 M Jones 6-6 finally misses
58 all at 4 minutes

Last edited:
Watkins is playing and changes the game completely. Tied at 23 at 7 minutes. VT shooting something like 5-6 on 3s
Especially against a team that doubles teams on defense all the time...without Watkins in the game, all they had to do was double Stevens and Reaves. With Watkins they can’t do that.

Hard to beat a team that’s shooting 90% from three point line.

Hard to beat a team that’s shooting 90% from three point line.
Actually 61%, but still you could also say that it’s hard for them to keep shooting 3’s at 61% and the fact that we’re only down by 2 may be a positive.

Terrible perimeter D. Many of those shots are not or barely contested. Slow or no rotations or when its ball screen their is either no communication or no game plan on it. Good job of scoring 35 on a good defensive team though.

Not if they keep getting open looks.
Point taken as one could also say that teams shooting a high % of 3’s against us is a result of our poor perimeter defense as much as the opponent shooting the lights out. I get you still have to make the shots, but it’s a heck of a lot easier when you have open looks.

Penn State down by 6. One of the worst three point shooting teams in the country yet we just keep chucking them up. Went from being up 5 to down 6 in a matter of minutes.

Here we go. Penn State was up, 44-41. Now vt is up, 50-44.
Keep shooting the threes even if they don’t go in and certainly never, ever feed the ball into Watkins. That would just be silly.

Reaves has got to start playing smarter. He spends the majority of games on the bench in foul trouble and when he is in the game, he doesn’t do much.

Had multiple chances to put this game away but keep making stupid plays.

New team with Watkins. Offense moving better tonight. Still too many mistakes. Game is ruined by all of these video reviews. Flagrant 1, 3, blah blah.

New team with Watkins. Offense moving better tonight. Still too many mistakes. Game is ruined by all of these video reviews. Flagrant 1, 3, blah blah.
What a bullshit call which could likely cost them the game.

63-62 PSU with 53 seconds left. Coming down to clutch shooting and that doesn’t bode well for PSU.

Officiating has really screwed PSU here at the end...that was not a travel.

I feel like I'm watching a rerun from the past 5 yrs. I still see no meaningful improvement in these teams. Mistake after mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT