ADVERTISEMENT

PSU is something like 1 of 5 teams to record 10 or more reg season wins 5 or more times since advent of current CFP structure

Yeah, you guys should put it on a shirt. I'm sure our social media team will be all over it. Unfortunately, gotta win the big ones, 0-2 when it mattered most,again. Proud of the teams response down the stretch here.

Huh??? What??? You have dipshit poser-trolls yammering about PSU not being a top team and CJF should be fired.... blah, blah, blah. PSU has easily been one of the top 10 teams in the Country under CJFs tenure.

Actually it says more about how poor the Big 10 has become.
Yes it does. The Big Ten has been historically weak during the playoff era. The one time it wasn't we lost five games. Franklin is presently 4 and 25 against teams that finish the regular season ranked and 3 of 4 wins were over a team that hadn't beaten a team ranked at season's end. This doesn't mean we are a bad team but a ten win season is hardly impressive given who we have played.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Actually it says more about how poor the Big 10 has become.

But 10-2 'Ole Miss, 8-3 LSU and 7-4 Tenn are an indication of how strong the SEC is.... LMFAO. Ditto a crappy multi-loss USC, WSU, Arizona and Oregon State demonstrating how awesome the now non-existent PAC12 is.....

Some of you poser-trolls are positively hillarious.

But 10-2 'Ole Miss, 8-3 LSU and 7-4 Tenn are an indication of how strong the SEC is.... LMFAO. Ditto a crappy multi-loss USC, WSU, Arizona and Oregon State demonstrating how awesome the now non-existent PAC12 is.....

All of those teams would be 4th in Big Ten other than Wazzu and USC. And they might be.

Reactions: cment
Yes it does. The Big Ten has been historically weak during the playoff era. The one time it wasn't we lost five games. Franklin is presently 4 and 25 against teams that finish the regular season ranked and 3 of 4 wins were over a team that hadn't beaten a team ranked at season's end. This doesn't mean we are a bad team but a ten win season is hardly impressive given who we have played.
Iowa says hi.

But 10-2 'Ole Miss, 8-3 LSU and 7-4 Tenn are an indication of how strong the SEC is.... LMFAO. Ditto a crappy multi-loss USC, WSU, Arizona and Oregon State demonstrating how awesome the now non-existent PAC12 is.
The SEC is pretty weak this year. Georgia, Alabama, and then a big drop-off. But most years they have more good teams than the Big Ten. It's pretty much been Ohio State, then Michigan, then Penn State a step below, then Wisconsin or Iowa another step below, and everyone else. The new additions should make both conferences more competitive. Records can be deceiving. The Pac-12 used to send routinely a 2-4 loss champion to the Rose Bowl and they would frequently beat the Big Ten rep (often Michigan) with 1 or 2 losses. It will be interesting to see if the legacy Big Ten teams become more dynamic on offense or if the teams from the West become a bit more defensive-minded and run the ball more.

Iowa doesn't have a win over a team that is ranked.
If a ref doesn't take a very strict interpretation of the fair catch rule Iowa is 11-1 right now. I'm not going to lie, though. I would love to see Iowa pull a 2017 Ohio State kind of game in the BCG. Just throw caution to the wind and let it rip. But they'll do what they do and get blown out.

If a ref doesn't take a very strict interpretation of the fair catch rule Iowa is 11-1 right now. I'm not going to lie, though. I would love to see Iowa pull a 2017 Ohio State kind of game in the BCG. Just throw caution to the wind and let it rip. But they'll do what they do and get blown out.
But even if Iowa was 11-1 would anyone think they're good or just survived a weak schedule?

Agreed with you about their next game though...only negative, for those that care, that knocks us out of a NY6 bowl

You really need to find a different hobby, you aren’t cut out to be a college football “fan”.

it will be hilarious if they win it

then the committee has to decide if any b1g teams go to the playoff at all
And I don't like their odds at that point depending what else happens.

I still hope FSU loses a game because the ACC should be out.

it will be hilarious if they win it

then the committee has to decide if any b1g teams go to the playoff at all
It would be hilarious. I think that means we need Michigan to knock off OSU today though and that would make me sick. I don't think Iowa would get a fair game against Ohio State. Too much at stake, but the Big Ten has it out for Michigan right now so they might get one.

Then all the conferences must suck.

Yeah, according to this dipshit troll, all non- top 4 teams suck - the top 4 are good and bottom 127 of FBS equally suck regardless of record according to genius boy here... but he's not a troll.... [insert eyeroll]

Reactions: GSPMax
Yeah, according to this dipshit troll, all non- top 4 teams suck - the top 4 are good and bottom 127 of FBS equally suck regardless of record according to genius boy here... but he's not a troll.... [insert eyeroll]
The sad thing is they’re not all trolls, they just hate James Franklin so bad they hope the program fails. If Franklin left and we got a new coach, suddenly the conference would be really strong again so they could tout all the great wins of the new coach.

Reactions: PearlandLion
Huh??? What??? You have dipshit poser-trolls yammering about PSU not being a top team and CJF should be fired.... blah, blah, blah. PSU has easily been one of the top 10 teams in the Country under CJFs tenure.
Glass half full here. Zero wins against a top tier opponent in those years. ZERO.

Reactions: Wesauking Lion
Rank the top teams he beat. None.

But CJF sucks, LMAO.

Nice try. However, there is no way you can hide or defend Franklin’s:

- 4-16 record against Ohio State and Michigan
- zero appearances in the CFP
- a 90% loss rate against division rival Ohio State
- 6 consecutive losses to Ohio State and Michigan

So, no pounding the chest for beating teams the Delaware, UMass, and Rutgers and Franklin’s signature win against a tier 2 Iowa team.

Appearing in yet another irrelevant consolation bowl game seems to be the ceiling for Franklin.

Reactions: manilion
Glass half full here. Zero wins against a top tier opponent in those years. ZERO.

Really?, #6 Wisconsin in 2016 B1G CCG not a "top-tier" opponent? Beating 10-2 Washington in 2017 NY6 Fiesta Bow wasn't a ""top-tier" team? NY6 Cotton Bowl win wasn't "top-tier".... Last year's Rose Bowl win against Pac12 Champ Utah wasn't a "top-tier" win.....

Some of you morons are such imbeciles it's beyond ridiculous.

Really?, #6 Wisconsin in 2016 B1G CCG not a "top-tier" opponent? Beating 10-2 Washington in 2017 NY6 Fiesta Bow wasn't a ""top-tier" team? NY6 Cotton Bowl win wasn't "top-tier".... Last year's Rose Bowl win against Pac12 Champ Utah wasn't a "top-tier" win.....

Bowl, bowl, bowl...

UW and Washington no way are they top teams. Get real. UT lol. None of them are top teams.

And how many of those teams have two of the top three teams in the nation in their division and they have to play each of them every year? None?
When you stand back and look at our team, it is really odd. They never ever lose when they are favored and they never ever win when they are underdogs. Plus they nearly always beat the spot when favored and underperform the spot when they are not favored. Penn State is a better's dream team. In the past 2 years they are 21 - 0 when favored and 0 - 4 when the underdog. If every team was as predictable as us, they games would not need to be played. They odds makers could just pick the national champion and all the runners up without any games having to be played.

Reactions: bison13 and mcpat
Penn State is really, really good. Consistently. We’re just one notch below the best. But I really liked what I heard from the players after the game yesterday. The OC was fired, the OC that recruited some of our best guys, and yet they are 100% committed to Franklin.

The program is clean and it wins a LOT. I’m thankful and grateful for it.

Still want the next step to happen, but also appreciative of what we have.

Penn State is really, really good. Consistently. We’re just one notch below the best. But I really liked what I heard from the players after the game yesterday. The OC was fired, the OC that recruited some of our best guys, and yet they are 100% committed to Franklin.

The program is clean and it wins a LOT. I’m thankful and grateful for it.

Still want the next step to happen, but also appreciative of what we have.

Indeed.

Reactions: mcpat
You need to find a new school to root for.
No. I always want to be the best and believe everyone should strive for it. You except mediocrity, good for you. I except PSU will never win big games under JF so I’m not disappointed anymore. It’s thr reality of PennState football and the leadership of the university. I seen it going in the direction when my daughter went there and is the reason why sons did not. I still stop by the creamery when I pass through!!! That’s about the best thing left.

Those are good wins, but those teams all had two losses besides ours. We have one win over a playoff team in Franklin's tenure, where we were the only loss. And that team was beaten 30-0 by eventual runner-up Clemson in the national semifinal.

Reactions: manilion
It would be hilarious. I think that means we need Michigan to knock off OSU today though and that would make me sick. I don't think Iowa would get a fair game against Ohio State. Too much at stake, but the Big Ten has it out for Michigan right now so they might get one.
Iowa will need not just a fair game, but almost a fix in their favor. The one thing I will say is that Iowa/Ferentz can be a pain when you count them out. In 2016 we beat Iowa 41-14 and the undefeated #2 Michigan team that blew us out 49-10 was coming to town the next week. The mood out here was that it was going to be an absolute blowout if Penn State did that to them. Iowa won 14-13. But that was at night in Kinnick. There was also the Ohio State 55-24 woodshed beating (in Kinnick) the week after Ohio State came back to win against us 39-38 for the de facto Big Ten championship in 2017. The feeling going into that one was that Iowa had zero chance.

Because of what happened the last time everyone is expecting a blowout. I would not be surprised if Iowa finds a way to pull Michigan down into the muck with them for a while and make this game closer than expected, at least for a while. Their defense has been up against it all year due to the lack of offense and has probably improved since they faced us. You don't win that many close games by accident. I think McCarthy will be the difference-maker in this one, so Michigan should pull away in the second half.

No. I always want to be the best and believe everyone should strive for it. You except mediocrity, good for you. I except PSU will never win big games under JF so I’m not disappointed anymore. It’s thr reality of PennState football and the leadership of the university. I seen it going in the direction when my daughter went there and is the reason why sons did not. I still stop by the creamery when I pass through!!! That’s about the best thing left.
Your sons did not go to a university because of their football team? That’s sad.

Here’s the PSU chronology under Franklin.

2014-15 7-6 teams, basically due to sanctions.

2016-19 11-2 teams, basically just waiting to elevate. 2018 team was better than 9-4.

2020-21 CoVid impacted teams although the 21 team was better than a 7-6 record reflects.

2022-23 11-2 teams and pretty much back to the level of 2016-19.

Now can they elevate?

Reactions: bison13
Your sons did not go to a university because of their football team? That’s sad.
Not football dipshit. It was university leadership most notably felt my daughter was not being taught instead Indoctrinated. I should mention she is a Psychiatrist and studied psychology at PS. No worries got her head on straight at UPenn somehow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT