ADVERTISEMENT

PSU DE Carl Nassib leads NCAA in sacks and sack yardage.

Tom Dinehart at the BTN preseason tour stop said PSU defensive ends looked ok but none of them could rush the passer.

This is great news, but it appeared that Nassib injured his shoulder in the 4th quarter yesterday. At first I thought it was just an equipment adjustment with his shoulder pads, but as time went on, he kept trying to loosen his shoulder. I hope it is minor, but I noticed a drop off of his aggressiveness after the perceived injury.

Last edited:
Dienhart:

"The end spots lack pizzazz, as the Nittany Lions look for an edge rusher. Senior Carl Nassib is a presence at 6-7 but isn’t especially explosive. Junior Evan Schwan and sophomore Garrett Sickels also are in the mix. Redshirt freshman Torrence Brown could be good. He moves well. Is there a difference-maker anywhere on the edge? Will PSU have to manufacture a pass rush?"

See more at: http://btn.com/2015/08/21/5-things-...state-football-practice/#sthash.1LbLsadO.dpuf

Dienhart:

"The end spots lack pizzazz, as the Nittany Lions look for an edge rusher. Senior Carl Nassib is a presence at 6-7 but isn’t especially explosive. Junior Evan Schwan and sophomore Garrett Sickels also are in the mix. Redshirt freshman Torrence Brown could be good. He moves well. Is there a difference-maker anywhere on the edge? Will PSU have to manufacture a pass rush?"

See more at: http://btn.com/2015/08/21/5-things-...state-football-practice/#sthash.1LbLsadO.dpuf
Nice analysis.:confused: As if having two DTs good enough to be all-conference wouldn't contribute to making the guys on the outside more effective anyway.

actually PSU leads the NCAA as a team in Sacks (18) and Yards Lost on Sacks (144)

next closest is Florida with 14 sacks and 108 YDLS

Nassib leads the NCAA individually with 7 sacks and 52 YDLS

Reactions: Ski
He is good friends with the family the 5k was for. He visits with the family at least once a week. The mother has a brain tumor and has two young sons. Carl has been awesome with them.

Thanks for sharing that. What an awesome young man. Geez we have some really good kids on this team.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Do you think he'll go in the first round of the nfl draft

I don't think he'll be a first round pick, but certainly an NFL career in his future. It may depend on his measurables, so hopefully he does well at the combine or the Penn State pro day. Maybe he'll improve his stock at the senior bowl. I'm guessing that if Johnson comes out for the draft, Penn State may have three defensive linemen drafted.

The boy has tentacles for arms... Combined w being relentless its no surprise he's doing well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT