ADVERTISEMENT

Preparing for incoming ... any news about Marsteller?

BrucePa

Sep 23, 2001
Going to 11
I'm a distant observer of Penn State wrestling, and from my perspective, the story went something like this: One of the best wrestlers in Pennsylvania High School wrestling history committed to Penn State, and then decommitted and went to Okla. State. Speculation abounded about his motivation, but let's just leave it at a greater comfort level at Okla. State. Soon thereafter, he had some difficulty with team rules, announced that he was finished with wrestling, and left Okla. State.

I guess the question would be ... is there a chance that he gains a bit of maturity, cleans up his act, humbles himself to Cael's ability to rehabilitate him, and follows his driving love of wrestling to Penn State to be reborn as a national champion?

He didn't leave OK State. He's not finished wrestling.

Beyond that there is not a lot known.

I was disappointed when he decommitted. But there is no place for him in our lineup to be a starter. So I can't see him going to PSU just based off wrestling opportunity.

Reactions: lionlover
He didn't leave OK State. He's not finished wrestling.

Beyond that there is not a lot known.

I thought it was announced by Smith that he was dismissed from the team for team rules violations? Given that he was a scholie athlete, losing that financial backing would tend to suggest that he is no longer at Okie State, no?

Last edited:
I thought it was announced by Smith that he was dismissed from the team for team rules violations? Given that he was a scholie athlete, losing that financial backing would tend to suggest that he is no longer at Okie State, no?

He was suspended from the team for the rest of the season. He is still currently a student at OK State. Beyond that, what happens next year, I guess you would have to be Chance or John Smith to know that.

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia
He was suspended from the team for the rest of the season. He is still currently a student at OK State. Beyond that, what happens next year, I guess you would have to be Chance or John Smith to know that.

Got it, I thought he was dismissed from the team (e.g., Smith pulled his ship). My bad.

It's Tuesday, there must be a new Marsteller thread where we rehash the same questions with the same answers.

People really need to let go of their fantasy of him wrestling for PSU or for a PA college. It's their fantasy, not his.

Reactions: tikk10
"That ship has sailed" - Cael on a weekly radio broadcast this season when asked about CM.

What, no threads on Kyle Snyder transferring to Penn State?
Now that several of your other favorite message board tropes are played out or expired due to their own obsolescence (e.g. Bo Nickal won't be that great because he lost to Andy McCulley, Alton twins graduated so it doesn't make sense to bring them up, Gulibon outplaced Thorn, etc), you've got a cute, new one.

I realize exaggeration for effect can be a great rhetorical device, but it's pretty thin broth as a trolling technique in this instance. It would work better if we had pie in the sky dreams AND our team was crappy, but, alas, the latter is not true. So as it stands, your posts in this vein are exceedingly lame. Please try harder.

Reactions: royboy
Now that several of your other favorite message board tropes are played out or expired due to their own obsolescence (e.g. Bo Nickal won't be that great because he lost to Andy McCulley, Alton twins graduated so it doesn't make sense to bring them up, Gulibon outplaced Thorn, etc), you've got a cute, new one.

I realize exaggeration for effect can be a great rhetorical device, but it's pretty thin broth as a trolling technique in this instance. It would work better if we had pie in the sky dreams AND our team was crappy, but, alas, the latter is not true. So as it stands, your posts in this vein are exceedingly lame. Please try harder.
One would think that Penn State fans might be happy with the greatest recruiting in the history of the sport. But no, we get the what if we got Gwiz threads and the what if Marsteller transfers in musings. Better time could be spent wondering how you are going to keep everybody happy three deep on the bench.

Reactions: ByGrace
One would think that Penn State fans might be happy with the greatest recruiting in the history of the sport. But no, we get the what if we got Gwiz threads and the what if Marsteller transfers in musings. Better time could be spent wondering how you are going to keep everybody happy three deep on the bench.
some kids would rather sit for an elite team than wrestle for an alsoran like.... ;).

Point taken. Gwiz put it perfectly about why he stayed with Pat P and spurned other suitors "once the ship has sailed, it's too late to buy a ticket". You have to respect that.

I don't understand the pining for Chance myself - he missed his chance

Point taken. Gwiz put it perfectly about why he stayed with Pat P and spurned other suitors "once the ship has sailed, it's too late to buy a ticket". You have to respect that.

I don't understand the pining for Chance myself - he missed his chance

I only see one person in the entire thread, the OP, "pining" for Chance. Jammies bull$hit about the entire board.... is just that, bull$hit.

I'm a distant observer of Penn State wrestling, and from my perspective, the story went something like this: One of the best wrestlers in Pennsylvania High School wrestling history committed to Penn State, and then decommitted and went to Okla. State. Speculation abounded about his motivation, but let's just leave it at a greater comfort level at Okla. State. Soon thereafter, he had some difficulty with team rules, announced that he was finished with wrestling, and left Okla. State.

I guess the question would be ... is there a chance that he gains a bit of maturity, cleans up his act, humbles himself to Cael's ability to rehabilitate him, and follows his driving love of wrestling to Penn State to be reborn as a national champion?
Based on the whole track record with this guy, and noting the considerable attitude differences for current PSU members of the wrestling team, the eligibility he has already used, exactly why would you still want to risk having him come to PSU?

If Jammen ever gets out from under the bridge, we'll see many what-if posts about Apple Valley wrestlers Hall and Manville.

You left out two of my favorites, but I'll save them for the slow summer season.
Uh oh - what have I done now!

Hindenburg-disaster.jpg

Reactions: jammenz
I was disappointed when he decommitted. But there is no place for him in our lineup to be a starter. So I can't see him going to PSU just based off wrestling opportunity.

Yes. and doesn't 165 open up next year with Ringers departure? If so, then a bit of maturing, and recommitting himself, Okie State seems like the best place for him.

Yes. and doesn't 165 open up next year with Ringers departure? If so, then a bit of maturing, and recommitting himself, Okie State seems like the best place for him.

agreed but most with orange chaps on think rodgers who is at 174 right now will head back down to 165 and 174 will see crutchmer back.

This came from the guy on the left in this video...

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT