ADVERTISEMENT

Poindexter is a step down from Diaz.

After losing our edge rushers the defense is going to take a step down next year no matter who is coaching.

I say we dig up buddy Ryan for an interview.

If, in the closing minutes of a win over OSU/ Michigan, he fakes taking a knee and bombs it for a TD to run up the score like against Dallas then I’m all for it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Can you please provide a list of available candidates who are better, have "done it before", will beat Ohio State and Michigan, and who you will not criticize upon their selection?

After claiming that everyone is ridiculous for judging CJF's performance against peers (ie OSU/UM), I'm still waiting for him to answer my question regarding how long he is okay with JF losing 2 games a year to OSU and Mich? Been over a week.......

I feel like Franklin should at least consider other experienced DCs but if he reviews that and goes with Poindexter that's his call.

Argue the point: Poindexter is not as good as Diaz.

Now, make a case for Poindexter or STFU.
Why don't you make the case for how long you're good with 2 losses and not being very competitive with OSU and UM...or STFU.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Argue the point: Poindexter is not as good as Diaz.

Now, make a case for Poindexter or STFU.
this is not a case for poindexter, but a management observation....the most recent hires for coordinator positions have come from outside. At some point the people on staff who want to grow either in the coaching world or financially will come to realize that the only way to meet your personal goals is to leave. That's not good either.

He has been co-defensive coordinator. D'Anton Lynn was hired as a DC by UCLA without being a DC.
Poindexter makes sense. Proven as assistant DC to Diaz, knows the scheme (continuity) and can make adjustments, proven recruiter, outstanding safeties coach. He did turn down the UVA (his alma mater) head coaching job a few years ago and it was probably with discussion he would be next DC when Manny left. We will see how he does in the bowl game, game planning and adjusting against one of the best offensive minds in football (Lane Kiffin).

Diaz is arguably the best DC in CFB so not sure you can do better or even as good unless you get Phil Parker although we scored 31 on him this year. Poindexter WAS the DC for UCONN for three years. I know UCONN is garbage, but he had one of the top defenses in the AAC even though UCONN was one of the worst teams. As was said, Pointdexter knows Manny’s D as Co-DC and will most likely keep a lot of the same principles. Our safeties have been excellent the last two years and very physical. I hope CJF doesn’t get too cute and bring in some big name that completely changes the D.

Diaz is arguably the best DC in CFB so not sure you can do better or even as good unless you get Phil Parker although we scored 31 on him this year. Poindexter WAS the DC for UCONN for three years. I know UCONN is garbage, but he had one of the top defenses in the AAC even though UCONN was one of the worst teams. As was said, Pointdexter knows Manny’s D as Co-DC and will most likely keep a lot of the same principles. Our safeties have been excellent the last years and very physical. I hope CJF doesn’t get too cute and bring in some big name that completely changes the D.
Poindexter was dc at UConn and jay Paterno was OC at UMass 😂

And UConn sucks.
You said he was only a Co-DC so you don’t know shite and yeah I said UCONN is garbage, but he was still a DC and actually had a pretty good D for a garbage team. And when was Jay Paterno OC at UMASS? You’re wrong again as usual.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT