ADVERTISEMENT

Poindexter is a step down from Diaz.

You said he was only a Co-DC so you don’t know shite and yeah I said UCONN is garbage, but he was still a DC and actually had a pretty good D for a garbage team. And when was Jay Paterno OC at UMASS? You’re wrong again as usual.
Poindexter is a step down from Diaz and I am right about this. Period. Stop moving the goal posts.

Poindexter is a step down from Diaz and I am right about this. Period. Stop moving the goal posts.
Hey Dumbass no one including me thinks Poindexter isn’t a step down from Diaz. Diaz is the best or one of the best DCs in all of CFB. It’s like me saying anyone is a step down from Saban when he leaves Bama. Poindexter is a very good option especially if he keeps a lot of the same principles as Diaz which I’m sure he will.

Hey Dumbass no one including me thinks Poindexter isn’t a step down from Diaz. Diaz is the best or one of the best DCs in all of CFB. It’s like me saying anyone is a step down from Saban when he leaves Bama. Poindexter is a very good option especially if he keeps a lot of the same principles as Diaz which I’m sure he will.
You can't argue or reason with 🤡's. Guy is quickly becoming more toxic than Lando...

Dex was very involved with the defense. He was Manny’s right hand and will go to Duke if not promoted. He’s ready and has served his apprenticeship under the best.
You don't beat Ohio State with apprentices. #RickyRahne.

CO coordinators don't count. And he will NOT be able to make ADJUSTMENTS as well as Diaz.
Diaz was THE GUY at Miss State and then Texas his first year. Expected to be the next "Sure Thing" Head Coach hire. Made All The Right Moves...til BYU lit them up for 50+ points and he got shitcanned.

Scrambled back, got to DC at his hometown U, rebuilt his brand with the Temple HC job for 10 days then Da U. Shit the bed again.

So he learned his lessons the hard way, which maybe, just maybe, gave him that experiential advantage you want in our next DC. The more people bitch about Poindexter the more I like the continuity and giving him the shot.

Why not?

Reactions: Agoodnap
Diaz was THE GUY at Miss State and then Texas his first year. Expected to be the next "Sure Thing" Head Coach hire. Made All The Right Moves...til BYU lit them up for 50+ points and he got shitcanned.

Scrambled back, got to DC at his hometown U, rebuilt his brand with the Temple HC job for 10 days then Da U. Shit the bed again.

So he learned his lessons the hard way, which maybe, just maybe, gave him that experiential advantage you want in our next DC. The more people bitch about Poindexter the more I like the continuity and giving him the shot.

Why not?
I think Poindexter is gonna be great at DC

You don't beat Ohio State with apprentices. #RickyRahne.
And if Poindexter doesn’t get the job and he goes off to be a DC somewhere else and does really well then you will trash Franklin for not promoting him. Perfect for you.

And if Poindexter doesn’t get the job and he goes off to be a DC somewhere else and does really well then you will trash Franklin for not promoting him. Perfect for you.
And what’s wrong with that? Are you opposed to consistent behavior?

Not sure who is out there that would be a sure fire homerun hire. You’d hate to lose both diaz and poindexter in the same year, which makes me think Dex will get the promotion, and a new linebackers coach will be hired

Reactions: RickinDayton
He was co-D coordinator for 2 years w/Manny. I don’t believe he would be a step back. I think he is just what we need! But then again, what the hell do I know. JMO

Any coordinator who steps in is going to be a statistical drop off from the unit Manny run this year. They finished top 3-10 in most defensive categories and even #1 in some. We are likely losing the following:

Chop (very likely 1st rd)
Issac
Jacobs
King
Dixon
Hardy
Ellies

I don't know if Dex gets the job, but I bet Manny brings him to Duke if we don't promote him. He's a key coordinator for Virginia and Manny will need somebody like him. Just my guess.

Any coordinator who steps in is going to be a statistical drop off from the unit Manny run this year. They finished top 3-10 in most defensive categories and even #1 in some. We are likely losing the following:

Chop (very likely 1st rd)
Issac
Jacobs
King
Dixon
Hardy
Ellies

I don't know if Dex gets the job, but I bet Manny brings him to Duke if we don't promote him. He's a key coordinator for Virginia and Manny will need somebody like him. Just my guess.
Don't want to see Dex move on to Duke. That will really hurt Virginia recruiting. Would some of our Safties follow him?

Last edited:
Don't want to see Dex move on to Duke. That will really hurt Virginia recruiting. Would some of our Safties follow him?

I'm not sure that they would. We've seemed to be lucky in that we haven't really lost any players in these sort of situations, but it's still fairly new with the portal. Perhaps a non-starter.

Anything can happen though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT