ADVERTISEMENT

Play call from the 2 for A&M to beat Bama

Just Atrocious. Ruined a great game. Thats the play you call? He was mugged but still a garbage play call. Even if the wr had caught it, it wouldn't have been a td.
Yep, terrible call. Better with a fade or jump ball. Even trying to run it but I guess they don't have a good back.

Alabama was way over aggressive with the blitz, and it mostly came from outside the guards, so I would think most QBs would have been able to take advantage of that and run up the middle quickly. Between stupid penalties and bad decisions, A&M snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Alabama was way over aggressive with the blitz, and it mostly came from outside the guards, so I would think most QBs would have been able to take advantage of that and run up the middle quickly. Between stupid penalties and bad decisions, A&M snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
They only were close to the jaws of victory in the first place due to 4 turnovers and 2 missed FGs. Bama needs Young back desperately as that backup is a turnover machine

Reactions: lazydave841
I was watching the game. The defensive pressure on the A&M QB was unreal. I couldn’t believe he could complete any passes.

When they lined up, I thought shotgun formation, delayed draw would be a great play..

But I’m not sure I’d have the guts to not call a play that results in the ball being thrown into the end zone (even if the route and read didn’t do that).

Reactions: lazydave841
They only were close to the jaws of victory in the first place due to 4 turnovers and 2 missed FGs. Bama needs Young back desperately as that backup is a turnover machine
Agree but even with Young, they just don't remind of the past powerhouse / unbeatable Alabama teams. It will be interesting to see how the polls shake out this week although - in reality - they don't really mean a whole lot at this point in the season.

From All Aggies Fan Nation. This is how a program fades into mediocrity. They paid Jimbo a kings ransom and not for 3-3 with moral victories. The same schtick when we lost to OSU so closely in 2017 and 2018.

"But in another loss, perhaps Jimbo showed again that A&M is not that far from righting the ship.

Yes, the Aggies are a disappointing 3-3 and need a strong finish just to reach a so-so bowl. That’s the reality for a squad that opened the year in the Top 10 and expected to contend for a playoff spot."

Agree but even with Young, they just don't remind of the past powerhouse / unbeatable Alabama teams. It will be interesting to see how the polls shake out this week although - in reality - they don't really mean a whole lot at this point in the season.
Agreed. They’re a step below. It also seems like they’re not as disciplined. That’s one of the amazing things about their recent great teams - freaks all over the field, but play hard hitting, disciplined football. Like the great Canes teams without the stupid thuggery that cost them some games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT