ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh blog is about to make you blow a gasket (selling "Joe Knew" shirts)

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
Penn State and Pittsburgh are renewing their in-state football rivalry on Sept 10 at Heinz Field, and a Pittsburgh blog is selling T-shirts referencing the Jerry Sandusky scandal leading up to the game.

The blog - thepoint412.com - hasn't posted new content to its site since early June, but it sent out a tweet on Wednesday morning saying it was selling a shirt in Penn State colors for $20 that simply reads, "JOE KNEW."

You can see the shirt in the tweet below.

Reactions: step.eng69
Who cares? Zero class, and their program is going nowhere fast. Last in the ACC in recruiting, they need something to get excited about. Knock yourself out guys. You couldn't out recruit us in the depth of the sanctions, now you are fading in our rear view mirrors fast.

Remember, YOU control if something upsets you or not. Don't give them any power over you.

That is the one thing that must kill you as a Pitt fan. Honestly, PSU out recruited them in almost every yr even during sanctions. Regardless of this yrs match up Pitt is in trouble in future years especially as PSU replenishes.

Even a Pitt win does little, so then what they get traction with some more WPIAL guys? Those guys still will prefer UM, OSU, ND etc to Pitt. It is like they need something epic to become relevant perhaps a NC run.

That is the one thing that must kill you as a Pitt fan. Honestly, PSU out recruited them in almost every yr even during sanctions. Regardless of this yrs match up Pitt is in trouble in future years especially as PSU replenishes.

Even a Pitt win does little, so then what they get traction with some more WPIAL guys? Those guys still will prefer UM, OSU, ND etc to Pitt. It is like they need something epic to become relevant perhaps a NC run.

bottom line, this is the kind of crap insecure losers do

winning programs don't stoop to this level of scum

Reactions: Nitwit, 1 and psute
Well if the Pittiots were hoping to get the series renewed on a long term or even permanent basis, stuff like this will ensure that never happens. I'm convinced Barbour et al., regardless of what some of you think of them, will get wind of this and use it as a reason to not schedule Pitt again.

Penn State and Pittsburgh are renewing their in-state football rivalry on Sept 10 at Heinz Field, and a Pittsburgh blog is selling T-shirts referencing the Jerry Sandusky scandal leading up to the game.

The blog - thepoint412.com - hasn't posted new content to its site since early June, but it sent out a tweet on Wednesday morning saying it was selling a shirt in Penn State colors for $20 that simply reads, "JOE KNEW."

I must say. If they sell beer, and a$$holes from Pitt are wearing that crap, you literally might see a war. To a lot of us, that's like pi$$ing on our father's or grandfather's grave.

Maybe I shouldn't go to that game after all. I'm too old and comfy. Can't afford a lawsuit at this age because I put one of those Pitt dicks in the hospital. Plus, I have too many good Pitt relatives that would never talk to me again.

If this four game series plays out, I can guarantee Sandy will never play them again. Being she came from across the country, she likely had no idea the low class trash she'd be dealing with. She's bright though, after 2019 it'll be 50 years until we play again.

Reactions: biacto
The thing is this really makes them look like the a-holes. Remember those idiot Rutgers Fans and that crap they pulled - who really looked pathetic on a national stage - they did. I really could care less about those morons and they and their school will be considered the ones low class not us if they go through with this kind of stupid stuff.

They're low lifes. Maybe they can get Cas there to sell some Joe Toilet paper and Penn State seats and commodes.

I guarantee someone will be attacked by wearing these. Also the idiotic "pedo bear" is guaranteed to spark an attack.

Reactions: simons96
As a Pitt fan, I think the shirt is classless, and I personally would never buy one. It's just somebody that sees seemingly easy money. I think the majority of Pitt fans would think the same way as I. By the way, this thread is acting as if the university itself is putting the shirts out.

As a Pitt fan, I think the shirt is classless, and I personally would never buy one. It's just somebody that sees seemingly easy money. I think the majority of Pitt fans would think the same way as I. By the way, this thread is acting as if the university itself is putting the shirts out.

The sad part is that in Pittsburgh it really is 'easy money'. That says a lot about Pitt fans right there (not all of them- but enough that this shirt would be seen as 'easy money'). We saw the same classless behavior from Rutgers fans 2 years ago.

This series should never have been rescheduled IMO. I think now it's becoming pretty clear that it will not be played again after these 4 years (assuming PSU doesn't end the series early).

Ironically it will be Narduzzi and Pitt fans (who have been yelling for this series to return and be permanent), who will likely be the undoing of it.

Last edited:
This reminds me of that friggin' sign some Rutgers people put up at last year's PSU-Rutgers game. Just incredibly poor taste.

Moreover, it seems pretty pathetic for a school's fan base to define itself by reference to another school and its retired football coach. Which will be the case if more than a handful of Pitt fans show up to the game in these tee shirts.

Of course the university isn't selling them. Pitt, as an institution, realizes the cash cow they have in renewing this series. The Pitt admin worked hard for this because the old regime had vowed never to play yinz ever again. I'm sure the university will be appalled, because when all the PSU fans flood our administration the day after the game saying your fans behavior was atrocious, that's a few million bucks being flushed. Sandy doesn't play with this BS. Not to mention, Narduzzi's lies already have her pissed at Pitt. Narduzzi is strike one, your fans will be strike two, our fans calling the week of September 12 will be strike three.

I'm embarrassed for anyone that would wear that shirt.

Reactions: bmw199
Well if the Pittiots were hoping to get the series renewed on a long term or even permanent basis, stuff like this will ensure that never happens. I'm convinced Barbour et al., regardless of what some of you think of them, will get wind of this and use it as a reason to not schedule Pitt again.
That would be great especially if we can cancel the remaining games in the series.

Reactions: m48tank
They will always have this over our heads so don't give them the attention they desire. Why even start this thread?

Reactions: zwicker
I hate to say this but, this is what PSU and it's fans get for being so god damn politically correct. I'm still waiting to find one accuser that I actually believe. Aaron Fisher? Matt Sandusky? Allen Myers, the fricken kid in the shower who adamantly denied any abuse and we find any way to discount him, the janitor story, and on and on and on. Time to admit it, we were duped. All it would have taken was for due process and it never would have gotten to this point. But no, we fire Joe and immediately start having candle light vigils. Makes me ill.

I hate to say this but, this is what PSU and it's fans get for being so god damn politically correct. I'm still waiting to find one accuser that I actually believe. Aaron Fisher? Matt Sandusky? Allen Myers, the fricken kid in the shower who adamantly denied any abuse and we find any way to discount him, the janitor story, and on and on and on. Time to admit it, we were duped. All it would have taken was for due process and it never would have gotten to this point. But no, we fire Joe and immediately start having candle light vigils. Makes me ill.
You named three out of over 30.

It's highly, highly, highly likely that someone is telling the truth.

Totally expected that. That's what they always say. Penn State told the world, we'll pay ANYONE, just sign up. It's amazing there weren't more at what $3mil a pop? Ziegler's been asking this for years, who do you actually believe!? Which one(s) specifically? The ones I mentioned are deemed the most credible in the entire case!
You named three out of over 30.

It's highly, highly, highly likely that someone is telling the truth.

Reactions: state_98
Totally expected that. That's what they always say. Penn State told the world, we'll pay ANYONE, just sign up. It's amazing there weren't more at what $3mil a pop? Ziegler's been asking this for years, who do you actually believe!? Which one(s) specifically? The ones I mentioned are deemed the most credible in the entire case!
I believe all of the victims that testified during the trial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT