ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt ... Articles/Discussion

I wonder if Chavis ends up starting....or, at minimum, getting the majority of snaps at 1 technique as the season goes on. He's listed at 308, but man does he look (and play) bigger than that.
He's the "fire hydrant" type of DL that is really needed.

The lone positional advantage they gave ASWP is even highly dubious.

Haha, I know. Didn't want to be a dick and point that out.

Their right tackle really struggled in pass pro against YSU. Couldn't get the running game going against YSU and were outgained by 70 yards in the game.

Gotta throw them one bone so we'll let it go.

Speaking of Pitt OL...the "working him in slowly" is of course horseshit....

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/bookser-s-return-means-pitt-coaches-have-options

Bookser was suspended for the season opener against Youngstown State after an offseason legal issue; having served his suspension, he will be on the sidelines Saturday when Pitt takes on No. 4 Penn State. But Bookser probably won’t stay on the sidelines, although Pat Narduzzi said Monday that there will be a process for returning him to the lineup.

“Well, obviously we're going to slowly get him back,” Narduzzi said at his weekly press conference. “When you don't have him for the opener, he doesn't get those reps with the ones, so we've lacked his work with the ones and getting that stuff. You have to move on to the next…

“We'll bring it back slowly, see what he knows, see how it goes.”

A redshirt junior from Mt. Lebanon, Bookser started every game last season at right guard and entered the offseason as one of Pitt’s key experienced returning players. In his absence, the Panthers started Texas grad transfer Brandon Hodges at right guard, with redshirt senior Jaryd Jones-Smith at right tackle, redshirt freshman Jimmy Morrissey at center, redshirt senior Alex Officer at left guard and redshirt junior Brian O’Neill at left tackle.

Of those five spots, O’Neill is fairly locked in at left tackle. But beyond that, it’s anyone’s guess.

It would be a shame if a vendor was selling those shirts and someone walked by, stumbled, and dumped an entire bottle of mustard onto the shirts in question. A shame, it would be a shame I tell ya!!

Or gasoline.

I wouldn't sell those in the city of State College if I intended on remaining uninjured.

They won't. They are tough guys that know that they'll be told by the powers-that-be not to do it, giving them cover to wimp out. I'd love for no one to stop them, and see if they have the guts to do this. We all know that they don't.

I can accept the premise that Pitt planned to remain with basic designs on offense and defense. The difference between this year and last is the talent to execute. Pitt simply does not have the horses it did last year and no amount of scheming is going to put quality talent and depth on the field. In addition, I believe it is fair to say that PSU is more experienced and deeper in talent than last year. The environment (Beaver Stadium) will be something that no Pitt player has ever experienced.
I would say the environment in Death Valley on November 10th last year against the #2 team in the country (and eventual national champion) is at least equal to the environment in Beaver Stadium on its best day. And 3/4 of Pitt's team experienced that.

I would say the environment in Death Valley on November 10th last year against the #2 team in the country (and eventual national champion) is at least equal to the environment in Beaver Stadium on its best day. And 3/4 of Pitt's team experienced that.

I disagree. To Clemson, they might as well have been playing Wake Forest. That's not a jab at Pitt, but it's just not a rivalry game, and Clemson has been used to being in the top 10 for years now.

PSU on the other hand hasn't seen Pitt, it's chief rival, at Beaver Stadium in almost 20 years. It also hasn't experienced these lofty expectations since at least 2009. Plus, you have revenge on the mind of fans for last year's loss. I imagine it will be much more loud and hostile than what Pitt saw at Clemson last year.

You're a special kind of stupid

Well, maybe. Of course, the extra 25,000 people that will be in Beaver Stadium just might make a little difference. Plus, your starting QB didn't play at Clemson. Who knows how he'll react. We'll soon find out.

I guess we will all see for ourselves in a little over 48 hours. It will become immediately evident if true.

However, our stadium is bigger. Our stadium is documented by all as louder. Our student section is documented as being the best or near the very top. We'll see if it makes a difference.

I disagree. To Clemson, they might as well have been playing Wake Forest. That's not a jab at Pitt, but it's just not a rivalry game, and Clemson has been used to being in the top 10 for years now.

PSU on the other hand hasn't seen Pitt, it's chief rival, at Beaver Stadium in almost 20 years. It also hasn't experienced these lofty expectations since at least 2009. Plus, you have revenge on the mind of fans for last year's loss. I imagine it will be much more loud and hostile than what Pitt saw at Clemson last year.
I've been told all week that Pitt is not a rivalry game for PSU. Which is it?

And Clemson hadn't lost a home game in more than 3 years.

To be honest, I expect to watch from my seats all the way at the top of section NHU on Saturday and see Pitt lose by a couple touchdowns. Something like 41-26.

But ya never know....

I guess we will all see for ourselves in a little over 48 hours. It will become immediately evident if true.

However, our stadium is bigger. Our stadium is documented by all as louder. Our student section is documented as being the best or near the very top. We'll see if it makes a difference.
105k in Beaver Stadium vs 82k in Death Valley. So yes, bigger.

But more intimidating? Tough call. Clemson has lost exactly one game in that stadium in 4 seasons. And most college football analysts consider Death Valley the most intimidating stadium in CFB.

But more intimidating? Tough call. Clemson has lost exactly one game in that stadium in 4 seasons. And most college football analysts consider Death Valley the most intimidating stadium in CFB.

You're confusing LSU with Clemson.

We're about to find out. From your seats way up yonder, you won't get quite the same experience as your guys will down at the student end of the field, but it will be pretty clear as to how well they deal with it. We already know how the Big Ten deals with it. Not well.

You can believe that. I am confident that the atmosphere at The Beav will be much more intense. Your problem is the 1/4 of the Pitt team missing was 3/4 of that team.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I haven't seen anyone mention any concern over the officiating. I assume they will be ACC refs and will they call a fair game? Narduzzi's defensive strategy is to load the box and have his DBs hold and interfere with the receivers while he tries to intimidate the refs into looking the other way with his sideline antics.

Reactions: Judge Smails
I haven't seen anyone mention any concern over the officiating. I assume they will be ACC refs and will they call a fair game? Narduzzi's defensive strategy is to load the box and have his DBs hold and interfere with the receivers while he tries to intimidate the refs into looking the other way with his sideline antics.

I'd be more worried if they were Big Ten refs.

i think you have the wrong death valley
(IE: most intimidating stadium)

Remember back in 2011 when the corrupt OG BOT tried to eliminate the "We Are" stuff starting with the 2012 season (remember they tried to replace it with the "Penn State lives here" bull$hit and "campaign" because they felt the PSU Communities use of "We Are!!!" was too arrogant?). Now their servile, lacky, empty-suit, fat piece-of-$hit Barron has the nerve to tout it at the end of the video - only still being used because Loyal PSU Fans REFUSED to relinguish it and let it die as these turds wanted??? What a bunch of shameless, hypocritical, zero-substance, ever self-serving pieces of garbage these @ssholes and their toadies are!

Reactions: denniskembala
Reactions: PSU2UNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT