ADVERTISEMENT

"Pitt-Penn State in prime time? Pirates move baseball game from 1 to 7 pm on 9/8

NittanyLion15

Aug 17, 2001
Laporte, PA
www.youtube.com
Pitt will host Penn State the same day at Heinz Field. No kickoff time has been announced, though the Pirates seemed to indicate the potential for prime time.

“The Pirates' move to 1:05 p.m. will alleviate potential congestion on the North Shore, while also allowing fans the unique opportunity to enjoy a ‘day/night doubleheader’ of baseball and football,” the Pirates said in their release.

sPitt here, Super Bowl Saturday

If the first pitch for the Pirates game on 9/8 is in fact at 1pm, and I'm remembering the details regarding the 2016 game... I'm pretty sure Pitt isn't allowed to use the rent-a-stadium at the same time the Pirates are home, so it's likely to be a late afternoon/night game this fall in the Burgh.

Of course, this won't make the trip any easier, even though I'm not sure it was ever that difficult to begin with. I will say i'm glad we have a veteran QB at the helm. Isn't, Akron, is supposed to be better this year?... I heard they sold a crazy amount of season tickets too... wonder if they broke the 2016 record yet?

Given how things ended in the 2016 game, I'm feeling confident McSorley and Co will be ready to play. The crowd will be 50/50 again, so bring on on Super Bowl Saturday Akron!

...Err I mean Pitt...for some reason I keep getting Akron & sPitt mixed up.

a345c1d49453352a96ef4e3b6d6aeca4--pearl-harbor--december--.jpg

Reactions: wbcincy
If the Pirates are moving their game fron 1 to 7 pm, isnt the field going to be sorta crowded?

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT