Free to a good home: various Penn State Football publications primarily from the 70's and 80's

Husky

May 29, 2001
I am in the process of downsizing and came across various football publications that I have collected over the many years I have been a Penn State fan. I am hoping that one of the Board readers will be happy to add these to their own personal library. There are 10 publications, including:

1) Sports Illustrated, January 8, 1979, "Bama Stops Penn St"
2) Sports Illustrated, January 10, 1983, "No. 1 at Last" (famous picture with Gregg Garrity on the cover)
3) Sports Illustrated, Special Collector's edition, "That Perfect Season, Penn St 1994"
4) Game Day Program, Penn St v Stanford, September 13, 1975
5) Game Day Program, Penn St v Pitt, September 26, 1976
6) Game Day Program, Penn St v West Virginia, October 22, 1977
7) Game Day Program, Penn St v Maryland, November 4, 1978
8) Penn State Football Media Guide 1982
9) Penn State Football Media Guide 1983
10) Penn State Football Preview 1986, published by Happy Valley Promotions

I live in the Hartford, Connecticut area and would be more than happy to meet up within a reasonable distance. For those out of the area, I would kindly ask that the recipient take all of the publications, and that they pay for shipping. The publications fit nicely in a US Post Office Medium Flat Rate Box, at $16.25.

Thanks.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper

psurichc

Aug 28, 2008
I am in the process of downsizing and came across various football publications that I have collected over the many years I have been a Penn State fan. I am hoping that one of the Board readers will be happy to add these to their own personal library. There are 10 publications, including:

2) Sports Illustrated, January 10, 1983, "No. 1 at Last" (famous picture with Gregg Garrity on the cover)
3) Sports Illustrated, Special Collector's edition, "That Perfect Season, Penn St 1994"

I live in the Hartford, Connecticut area and would be more than happy to meet up within a reasonable distance. For those out of the area, I would kindly ask that the recipient take all of the publications, and that they pay for shipping. The publications fit nicely in a US Post Office Medium Flat Rate Box, at $16.25.

Thanks.
Hi
I would love to discuss this with you. Can you email me at rcaputo@foxrothschild.com. Thanks.
Rich

SYRCHAZ

Gold Member
Aug 13, 2020

Thanks.
My recollection is that the November 4, 1978 game against Maryland landed PSU on the cover of SI entitled "Prodigious Penn State" with our QB on the cover. It was a glorious fall day, both weatherwise and the outcome on the field as well.

Husky

May 29, 2001
My recollection is that the November 4, 1978 game against Maryland landed PSU on the cover of SI entitled "Prodigious Penn State" with our QB on the cover. It was a glorious fall day, both weatherwise and the outcome on the field as well.
I was at the game, but don't remember too many details. Back in those days, when I had season tickets from about 1975 to about 1983, there were soooo many big games. I guess I was not a SI subscriber at that time, so I do not remember the issue you are referring to above. For the glory....

PSUMATT85

Jan 5, 2002
That game was chuck fusina cover with “ Penn State Rolls On”

prodigous Penn st was blackledge after 82 Nebraska

Reactions: PSU Mike

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001

Thanks.
I also have some interesting PSU Memorabilia, multiple Town and Gown Football annuals as well as The Lion in Autumn and The Penn State Football encyclopedia. All staying with me for a while, so much fun to go back and reminisce,