ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Just saw a Pitt fan predicting a top 10 finish ( excited by Paris Ford's intent to return) next season. What is it about losing 3 of 5 of your final regular season games to the likes of Miami and Boston College and pulling out a bowl game against the weakest opponent in the field that puts someone in that state of euphoria?
I would love to see Ford's grades. What classes is he enrolled in?

Just saw a Pitt fan predicting a top 10 finish ( excited by Paris Ford's intent to return) next season. What is it about losing 3 of 5 of your final regular season games to the likes of Miami and Boston College and pulling out a bowl game against the weakest opponent in the field that puts someone in that state of euphoria?

Their Vegas season win total is 6.5. That literally tells you everything you need to know. 6-6 or 7-5. Going to have a hell of a time scoring points.

Maybe it’s a Top 10 finish in the ACC? :)

Pitt decided to quit playing Duquesne in basketball. The same fans bitching about Penn State not playing Pitt in football are defending Pitt’s decision.

I think Duquesne should use the Pitt approach and use the “We’d have won if we played this year” approach Pitt fans use

Thanks for bringing this thread back, in times like these the world needs more making fun of Pitt!

We have reached the point of the year where Pitt fans come out with delusional thoughts. This one is too good to pass up

Most Pitt fans are completely detached from reality, and if Pitt fans weren't detached from reality, they wouldn't be Pitt fans.

Pitt decided to quit playing Duquesne in basketball. The same fans bitching about Penn State not playing Pitt in football are defending Pitt’s decision.

I think Duquesne should use the Pitt approach and use the “We’d have won if we played this year” approach Pitt fans use

It's funny because everyone knows Pitt ended the series with PSU and WVU. PSU offered multiple deals to make the series work, and Pitt refused every one. I can't say I blame Pitt, PSU has surpassed them in basketball, and PSU football is 10-2 over the last dozen games against Pitt. With's Pitt's only wins being against possibly the worst PSU squad ever in 2000 and the 2016 Fluke.

Duzzi, "I don't call the plays." Lmao. What a clown.

As an Illinois grad, Nardooz is a splitting image of former Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber.

Socially awkward, can't recruit to save his life, routinely blames others for mediocrity, and has deep insecurities that shine through.

Weber never could shake the ghost of Bill Self. He even hosted a "mock funeral" for Self because he was afraid his players still preferred Self to him. Reminds me of the way Narduzzi is obsessed with James Franklin. CJF lives rent-free in Narduzzi's head, just the way Self did in Weber's head.

Weber wasn't a bad guy. Definitely a good Xs and Os tactician. But he could never recruit the talent to stay nationally relevant, and it showed. And when the losses mounted, he would find excuse after excuse after excuse.

As an Illinois grad, Nardooz is a splitting image of former Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber.

Socially awkward, can't recruit to save his life, routinely blames others for mediocrity, and has deep insecurities that shine through.

Weber never could shake the ghost of Bill Self. He even hosted a "mock funeral" for Self because he was afraid his players still preferred Self to him. Reminds me of the way Narduzzi is obsessed with James Franklin. CJF lives rent-free in Narduzzi's head, just the way Self did in Weber's head.

Weber wasn't a bad guy. Definitely a good Xs and Os tactician. But he could never recruit the talent to stay nationally relevant, and it showed. And when the losses mounted, he would find excuse after excuse after excuse.

Weber took Illinois to a national championship. Narduzzi can’t have Pitt finish the season ranked or even get to 9 wins.

Weber took Illinois to a national championship. Narduzzi can’t have Pitt finish the season ranked or even get to 9 wins.

With Bill Self's roster. After those guys graduated, he missed the NCAA tournament in 3 of the next 6 seasons and won a grand total of 1 NCAA tournament game.

Hell, Mike Davis went to the NCAA title game with Bob Knight's roster.

I was drawing a comparison more so on the basis of personality, insecurity, and tendency to blame others.

Reactions: TheGLOV
With Bill Self's roster. After those guys graduated, he missed the NCAA tournament in 3 of the next 6 seasons and won a grand total of 1 NCAA tournament game.

Hell, Mike Davis went to the NCAA title game with Bob Knight's roster.

I was drawing a comparison more so on the basis of personality, insecurity, and tendency to blame others.

Baby Bert Jones, EX-Baltimore Colts QB, also always blamed everybody else!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Sandy laughs at pitt. I lyke this.
I laugh at Sandy
I like Lyke. 😎

"Lyke holds a bachelor’s degree in education from Michigan and a Juris Doctor from the University of Akron School of Law. She is a frequent speaker and presenter at national conferences and serves on various boards across collegiate athletics. She and her husband, David Catalano, have three children: Elle, Sophie and Eli." Nov 14 2019

I laugh at Sandy
I like Lyke. 😎

"Lyke holds a bachelor’s degree in education from Michigan and a Juris Doctor from the University of Akron School of Law. She is a frequent speaker and presenter at national conferences and serves on various boards across collegiate athletics. She and her husband, David Catalano, have three children: Elle, Sophie and Eli." Nov 14 2019

Zips. No wonder she ended up at pitt.

I laugh at Sandy I like Lyke. 😎

Yep, it really is just like beating AKRON!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00
The brainiacs on the Lair, except for a few die hard fanatics, realize that the DUZZ is a fraud and has to go. Foolishly Lyke gave him a contact extension until 2024 I believe. Seeing as how their Athletics Department is broke they haven’t any money to buy him out even if they lose all their remaining games and finish 3 and 8. So now their stuck with his incompetence till at least the end of 2021 or longer. That’s the real definition of Pitting.

Well, not everything they say is out of touch....

"The losses themselves are not painful but the looming feeling of hopelessness on the other hand is a gut punch."

"It's no longer possible for sane people to be actual Pitt fans. You have to watch as a sport in and of itself, trying to figure out how they are going to blow it. Last week's 58 yarder followed by missed extra point was definitely a new high water mark!"

"PITT men's soccer is our hope.. "

"It doesn't hurt anymore, because I know we suck now so I watch with no expectations. "

"The losses themselves are not painful but the looming feeling of hopelessness on the other hand is a gut punch."

"It's no longer possible for sane people to be actual Pitt fans. You have to watch as a sport in and of itself, trying to figure out how they are going to blow it. Last week's 58 yarder followed by missed extra point was definitely a new high water mark!"

"It doesn't hurt anymore, because I know we suck now so I watch with no expectations. "

fan-2.jpg

Lmao. Probably one of the same fans who was predicting 9 wins just a few weeks ago and boasting how they possess the best defense in all of college football.

It was such a joy watching 2 TD underdog NC State drive 80 yards on the final possession of the game to break their hearts.

Watch them beat ND.Nd and overrated are one and the same

Reactions: gslachta and PSU87
Always root against the teams in front of you in the polls. Remember when SMU went for the tie?
Notre Dame has at least two more losses on their schedule (Clemson and UNC). I'm hate them, but would be fine if they beat Pitt. Eff Pitt.

Reactions: Ski
Funny thread now on the Lair that discusses the Unity logo that will be on the Lion's uniform. Quickly turned into name calling among Lair members calling each other racists, Dumbocrats, anti BLMers, Trumpers, et al. Two pages..lol

Funny thread now on the Lair that discusses the Unity logo that will be on the Lion's uniform. Quickly turned into name calling among Lair members calling each other racists, Dumbocrats, anti BLMers, Trumpers, et al. Two pages..lol

What a truly white trash fanbase. I have to laugh at the excessive "Pennsyltucky" comments from people who have spent their entire life in Western Pa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT