ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

This is the release by PSU regarding the patches.

“ is to construct a culture of respect, appreciation and empathy for all differences. We are a country, state and institution rooted in diversity, shared experience and hope. Penn State Football believes, more than ever, we can help create a better society by publicly and peacefully acknowledging our pursuit to move beyond simply tolerating differences to recognizing these differences can enrich our Commonwealth.”

And people say football isn’t the place for that? How can anyone read that and say “there is no place for that here!”

What?!??

This is the release by PSU regarding the patches.

“ is to construct a culture of respect, appreciation and empathy for all differences. We are a country, state and institution rooted in diversity, shared experience and hope. Penn State Football believes, more than ever, we can help create a better society by publicly and peacefully acknowledging our pursuit to move beyond simply tolerating differences to recognizing these differences can enrich our Commonwealth.”

And people say football isn’t the place for that? How can anyone read that and say “there is no place for that here!”

What?!??
Totally agree. This is really well done by the coaches/staff/players. No one in their right mind should object to this.

There’s more racists in western Pa. than you would think. I went to my 50 th high school reunion in 2017 and some of the folks who never left we’re still very racist. I was pretty shocked.

There’s more racists in western Pa. than you would think. I went to my 50 th high school reunion in 2017 and some of the folks who never left we’re still very racist. I was pretty shocked.

With all due respect to Fair, MOST sane people race to leave Western Pa!

There’s nothing wrong with Western PA. The problem is there are a lot of people, in this case Pitt fans, who have spent their entire lives in Western PA and think of Pittsburgh as “the big city” because they haven’t spent enough time anywhere else while degrading “crappy valley” like it’s some backwoods hell hole. PSU has far more students from and/or alumni living in major cities along the east coast. Pitt has far more students and alum who grew up in Western PA, went to college in Western PA, and have spent their entire career in Western PA.

To be clear, living in a coastal city or anywhere else is in no way, shape, or form “better” than Western PA. It just goes against their little idea that they’re somehow more cultured than other people, which the vast majority of them most surely are not.

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with Western PA. The problem is there are a lot of people, in this case Pitt fans, who have spent their entire lives in Western PA and think of Pittsburgh as “the big city” because they haven’t spent enough time anywhere else while degrading “crappy valley” like it’s some backwoods hell hole. PSU has far more students from and/or alumni living in major cities along the east coast. Pitt has far more students and alum who grew up in Western PA, went to college in Western PA, and have spent their entire career in Western PA.

To be clear, living in a coastal city or anywhere else is in no way, shape, or form “better” than Western PA. It just goes against their little idea that they’re somehow more cultured than other people, which the vast majority of them most surely are not.
That’s a lot of words you could have just said “Pitt fans suck”. But you’re way works to.

Just playing with words.....nothing more, nothing less.

My Dad was born in Western Pa, his Dad worked in Pittsburgh for many years.

I think Pittsburgh is one of the 4-5 “hidden gems” in this country that fly below the radar as far as great places to live. The view coming out of the tunnel at night rivals the view coming out of the tunnel in Marin County just north of the Golden Gate Bridge (and that view is often a non-view because of the fog).

I’m very proud that three generations of my family worked for Equitable Life Assurance Society, which was one of the companies that heavily invested in Pittsburgh over the years as it transitioned from a “steel-only” town.

Hopefully next fall I’ll be able to once again experience the fall beauty of Western Pa as I take the scenic drive from PIT to Happy Valley.

Some of the people in that thread are absolutely twisted. Holy shit.

PSU's football coach is black. Several assistants are black. Roughly half the team (or more) is black. A patch on the uniform expressing unity at a time like this is absolutely the right move. And to decry it as "politics" -- must be nice never having to worry about racism impacting your life.

Some of these people I'd bet look at football players as things to entertain them. Run the ball! Block! Tackle! But the moment they express opinions about serious issues impacting their life.....like racism? "Shut up and tackle", so to speak. It's pathetic.

Ironically, one such moron suggested that Franklin only did this to distract from terrible recruiting. Then about an hour later, Dinkins committed to PSU over Pitt.

Shit for brains Pitt fans. They never let me down.

tenor.gif

This one is hilarious, there’s a thread on the Lair now something like “ If your kid we’re a big time D1 recruit where or where not would you want him to go to school”. Other than hating PSU in every reply most of them would send their sons to Universities other than PITT. And these are the die hard PITT fans. No wonder their hopeless, stadium homeless, bitter and without any chance of future success.

Reactions: john4psu
This one is hilarious, there’s a thread on the Lair now something like “ If your kid we’re a big time D1 recruit where or where not would you want him to go to school”. Other than hating PSU in every reply most of them would send their sons to Universities other than PITT. And these are the die hard PITT fans. No wonder their hopeless, stadium homeless, bitter and without any chance of future success.

They're just being realistic. Poor facilities, awful coach, and mediocre results. Pitt is a good school, but is middle of the pack in the ACC.

The draw is immediate playing time though.

Dont kid yourself, they would do the happy dance if one of their kids received a PSU offer.

Hey, it not all bad!

2X Bronco Nagurski winner!

And Check his bio

Aaron Donald
Biography
Showing all 2 items
Jump to: Mini Bio (1) | Trivia (1)
Mini Bio (1)
Height: 6'1 / Weight: 285 / DOB: May 23, 1991 / College: Pittsburgh / Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA / Pro Bowl: 2015, 2016 Attended Penn Hills (Pa.) High School, playing football for head coach Ron Graham, Aaron Donald was regarded as one of the most dominating defensive linemen in Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League Class AAAA ranks. He was selected first team All-State Class AAAA by the Pennsylvania Sports Writers Association each of his final two seasons. During his college career in 2012, Donald earned third-team All-American honors from The NFL Draft Report after he led the team with 5.5 sacks for minus 36 yards, 18.5 stops for losses of 78 yards and eleven quarterback pressures. In 2011, he received All-Big East Conference second-team honors from the league's coaches and played in all thirteen games as a reserve defensive tackle in 2010. Aaron Donald is a two-time Pro Bowler (2015,2016) and he was the first Ram rookie selected to the Pro Bowl since RB Jerome Bettis in 1993.

Dont kid yourself, they would do the happy dance if one of their kids received a PSU offer.
You’re probably right but do you have any idea the pure hell that father would endure if other Lair members found out? My God they sodomize each other for just saying something neutral about PSU.

Hey, it not all bad!

2X Bronco Nagurski winner!

And Check his bio

Aaron Donald
Biography
Showing all 2 items
Jump to: Mini Bio (1) | Trivia (1)
Mini Bio (1)
Height: 6'1 / Weight: 285 / DOB: May 23, 1991 / College: Pittsburgh / Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA / Pro Bowl: 2015, 2016 Attended Penn Hills (Pa.) High School, playing football for head coach Ron Graham, Aaron Donald was regarded as one of the most dominating defensive linemen in Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League Class AAAA ranks. He was selected first team All-State Class AAAA by the Pennsylvania Sports Writers Association each of his final two seasons. During his college career in 2012, Donald earned third-team All-American honors from The NFL Draft Report after he led the team with 5.5 sacks for minus 36 yards, 18.5 stops for losses of 78 yards and eleven quarterback pressures. In 2011, he received All-Big East Conference second-team honors from the league's coaches and played in all thirteen games as a reserve defensive tackle in 2010. Aaron Donald is a two-time Pro Bowler (2015,2016) and he was the first Ram rookie selected to the Pro Bowl since RB Jerome Bettis in 1993.

Wow. Without him Pitt may have won only 5 games in 2011 instead of 6.

If college football were simply about who can produce the best NFL stars, Pitt would be relevant.

Sadly, it's not.

And they're not.
When the team isn't good (like always) they root for a "star" player. When the offense stinks, they tout a "top ranked" defense. Pitt fans are nothing if they are not flexible. LOL

Reactions: LionJim
Hometown Hero Paris Ford

As much as I dislike Pitt football and think the DUZZ is an idiot this just isn’t their problem. It started with players opting out of bowl games to avoid injury in anticipation of a pro career. Now their moving on to ditch a whole or part of a season. This will be more prevalent on teams with losing records, but the flood gates are now completely open.

Wether one agrees with the trend or not isn’t going to change things, because it’s the new reality. Just another reason not to become overly invested in 18 to 22 year old kids if one wants to maintain their sanity.

So, in other words, you left Munhall before the steel industry's went south AND Munhall flooded several times!

Smart move sir.

:)
That would be right. I did go back to visit relatives and friends several times. Some of old friends were still on the same bar stool but probably 50% of our high school class left the state. I was back for 50th high school reunion in ‘17 and more folks from out of state showed up than were from in state or in the tri-borough area.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Clearly 48-14 in 1981 is the best game ever played at pitt stadium. No game had a bigger impact on pitt football.
I was thinking they must have beaten a third team with a winning record at 3 Rivers, but maybe not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT