ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Narduzzi is a better recruiter than Franklin...yep, it’s on the Lair.

Pitt brings down ACC titan Georgia Tech. Their 3 ACC wins are against teams with a combined 9-16 record. Let's hope they keep dominating the little sisters of the poor conference (ACC) and pull a patented key chain upset vs. Clemson in the conference championship game.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I love how giddy they get every time a coaching job opens up. Now JF is the savior for FSU. USC = slim chance. FSU = close to zero chance.

I love how giddy they get every time a coaching job opens up. Now JF is the savior for FSU. USC = slim chance. FSU = close to zero chance.
They don't address the fact that the only job Nardouche has been mentioned for is Rutgers. Wonder why?

Reactions: JWB389
For a used car salesman, who is a terrible game day coach, and will always finish behind Urban, Harbaugh, and Dantonio, he sure has sparked the interest of the top programs in America

For a used car salesman, who is a terrible game day coach, and will always finish behind Urban, Harbaugh, and Dantonio, he sure has sparked the interest of the top programs in America
You forget, as with all our players and coaches, they are not as good as their records or statistics. :confused:

Reactions: bytir
A serious post today stating that Temple should now be their tough OOC opponent.
Maybe we should get the state legislature to force Temple and Pitt to play every year. They can play for a new trophy, the "Commonwealth Empty Stadium Cup". Have 1 empty blue and 1 empty yellow stadium seat at the top and engrave attendance numbers on the side.

There are posters on the Lair saying the if PSU wins out they won't make the playoff. Wow....

I mean, how do you even argue with that level of insanity and denial?

There are posters on the Lair saying the if PSU wins out they won't make the playoff. Wow....

I mean, how do you even argue with that level of insanity and denial?

The identity of Pitt football fans is tied directly to PSU’s success. When PSU loses their 2 games a year, they see it as a win and step in the right direction for their program.

As a harmless way to generate some personal viewing enjoyment I peruse many of our opponents boards. As a side bar, I often encounter our friend Wolvie on my literary journeys. This week in particular he’s posing as an OSU fan on the Rutgers board, and torturing those poor bastards on the reasoning behind how the Bucks are going to beat the 51 point spread. Being honest though half the people at Rutgers deserve it for thinking that the Duzz is a coaching genius.

Well back to the Lair. While most boards ( even ours on occasion ) are sometimes delusional and often derisive of their rivals, the Lair is a unique place. Never have I seen such a gathering of bitter, resentful, insular, hate filled, frustrated and paranoid individuals. My better angels tell me that I should never visit there, but I can’t help myself because it’s just too damn funny.

How ironic is the title of an ad advertising the pitt/UNC game tonight in the PG sports section this morning....

"LOCKTHEGATES"

The first time the camera shows the lack of a crowd at the game we'll all be reminded that the reason was that the gates at Heinz Field were locked....
:confused::(:confused:

Remember, for those that won't be watching the Steelers tonight, the pitt game on ESPN will still be competing for viewers with the Turkey vs Iceland soccer match on ESPN2.....

Apparently because Clemson beat OSU that means the ACC is a better conference than the Big 10....hmmm, I never made the connection.

Apparently because Clemson beat OSU that means the ACC is a better conference than the Big 10....hmmm, I never made the connection.

Pitt needs to drop down. They're finished and don't want to admit it.

Finished? If you read posts on the Lair, you would think Pitt just defeated OSU and would roll through the overrated BIG. The 8-5 season, huge bowl win over EMU, and Nardoooozie's sage coaching, the Panthers are poised for greatness in 2020 and beyond.

Pitt has an elite team that is motivated to play to the level of their competition. Someone called it's horrible bowl performance a "terrific win." They lost their last two games and got bitch slapped by a last place MAC team for most of 4 quarters....but the kicker was a 7 man unsportsmanlike penalty by the defense....when they were losing.
So glad PSU is done with The Douche and that vile fan base.

Finished? If you read posts on the Lair, you would think Pitt just defeated OSU and would roll through the overrated BIG. The 8-5 season, huge bowl win over EMU, and Nardoooozie's sage coaching, the Panthers are poised for greatness in 2020 and beyond.
Success is dumbing down your competition....that’s how Duzz got his first bowl win and now the Lairtards are pumped because their OOC schedule next year is a lot easier so they can get more wins.

Just saw a Pitt fan predicting a top 10 finish ( excited by Paris Ford's intent to return) next season. What is it about losing 3 of 5 of your final regular season games to the likes of Miami and Boston College and pulling out a bowl game against the weakest opponent in the field that puts someone in that state of euphoria?

Just saw a Pitt fan predicting a top 10 finish ( excited by Paris Ford's intent to return) next season. What is it about losing 3 of 5 of your final regular season games to the likes of Miami and Boston College and pulling out a bowl game against the weakest opponent in the field that puts someone in that state of euphoria?
Pitt fans seem to only see what they have, not what they don’t have whereas many PSU fans only see what they don’t have. Pitt fans see they have Ford and Twyman and think all warm and fuzzy thoughts. PSU fans see we won’t have Hamler and Gross Matos and think the season is over.

Ford is a classic headhunter. He makes a lot of dirty plays. That being said, I would take him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT