ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I am not sure where they get their optimism....
102p6oy.jpg

Oh....

Yes the first top 25 class with no 4 stars....ever

Pitt is at #50 at the moment; 3 spots behind Rutgers. So there you go.

Liar Logic: Three Star recruits are only a silly millimeter from being four star recruits.
So If Pitts 3 star recruits are to be considered 4 star, doesn't that make every 4 star a 5 star? 5 stars must be off the scale. So unless their hypothesis applies only to Pitt recruits, the end result is....comparatively speaking, Pitt's recruiting class sucks.

Liar Logic: Three Star recruits are only a silly millimeter from being four star recruits.
So If Pitts 3 star recruits are to be considered 4 star, doesn't that make every 4 star a 5 star? 5 stars must be off the scale. So unless their hypothesis applies only to Pitt recruits, the end result is....comparatively speaking, Pitt's recruiting class sucks.

So close.

LIUKIN-CRASH.gif

Rumor has it another coach leaving Pitt

"No. Tressel will be the only DC at MSU. Hill be be defensive backs coach at MSU if he agrees to making the move."

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/rumor-has-it-another-coach.124467/

To be fair, they should have been fired, so they probably fear they will be next year. Their D.C. Actually left to bed a HC at Wofford because he was so miserable. Quadree Henderson finds it funny that everyone wants out because he knows how miserable players are

To be fair, they should have been fired, so they probably fear they will be next year. Their D.C. Actually left to bed a HC at Wofford because he was so miserable. Quadree Henderson finds it funny that everyone wants out because he knows how miserable players are
Those who stay will get a keychain and a beverage.

There's been some conversation generated about the preseason Vegas odds to win next year's National Championship. I see Pitt currently listed at 750/1, which is the same as Ole Miss, who is you know, banned from the post season. Someone needs to call the odds makers and remind them that Pitt will be starting Kenny Pickett and is likely to be in the CFP.

Last edited:
There's been some conversation generated about the preseason Vegas odds to win next year's National Championship. I see Pitt currently listed at 500/1, which is the same as Ole Miss, who is you know, banned from the post season. Someone needs to call the odds makers and remind them that Pitt will be starting Kenny Pickett and is likely to be in the CFP.
Heisman candidate after one game. At least that's their theory.

There's been some conversation generated about the preseason Vegas odds to win next year's National Championship. I see Pitt currently listed at 750/1, which is the same as Ole Miss, who is you know, banned from the post season. Someone needs to call the odds makers and remind them that Pitt will be starting Kenny Pickett and is likely to be in the CFP.

Vegas does not realize that most of their team is 0.1 points away from being 4 star talent.

So I see Pitt's coaches are being cited for "negative recruiting" once again. In a recent interview Phil Jurkovec (ND) was asked who the most negative recruiters were and he volunteered Pitt. The geniuses living in the Liar are proud of their staff using "negative" tactics and claim this is what everyone does and proof that the staff cares? How sad is it that Pitt resorts to negative recruiting tactics and still can't land a decent class?

Well, positive recruiting isn't going to work. They have no stadium, few fans, horrible game-day atmosphere, a bad record, no bowl game, and a coach with minimal to no public speaking skills. If they start talking about themselves, it's a very short conversation.

...and the funny thing is they look to be pretty inept at negative recruiting too unless they've talked half their recruits out of the MAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUPride1
...and the funny thing is they look to be pretty inept at negative recruiting too unless they've talked half their recruits out of the MAC.
Frank Solich won't be around forever. Maybe that's how they are targetting U of Ohio recruits. :)

So I see Pitt's coaches are being cited for "negative recruiting" once again. In a recent interview Phil Jurkovec (ND) was asked who the most negative recruiters were and he volunteered Pitt. The geniuses living in the Liar are proud of their staff using "negative" tactics and claim this is what everyone does and proof that the staff cares? How sad is it that Pitt resorts to negative recruiting tactics and still can't land a decent class?

I thought pitt was a bastion of integrity and nardoozie took the high road.

I thought pitt was a bastion of integrity and nardoozie took the high road.
Somebody on The Liar took a swipe at Kirby Smart saying how bad it looked to have a coach that had to be restrained on the sidelines? What team do they watch all year?

Kids and their families aren’t dumb. Recruit negative, and my kid is going elsewhere.

I think we need a running thread for the funny things Pitt fans say

I'll start

In response to Pitt landing a 5.6 3 star

You could write a book based on those mental cases on the Lair. But they can always play the faux concern for victims card and Penn Staters don't care about kids bs to distract themselves from their miserable lives.
Some of the biggest losers you'll ever find are sports fans and in that realm Pitt is truly blessed.

Some 3 star WR punked Pitt by wearing their jersey and then committed to Louisville. Actually, I thought it was a classless move by the kid.....wouldn't wish that on any school. But the funny part was, he had already been pronounced a starter next year for Pitt on the Liar. They already are touting Ford as the best thing since sliced bread and he hasn't played a snap.

Pitt gets one stud recruit a year and every year they think that one player is going to turn around the entire Pitt program and win them the ACC. It was Tyler Boyd, then Jordan Whitehead, and then it was Damar Hamlin, and now it's Paris Ford. They become obsessed with that one player. They talk about them nonstop on the Lair. And usually the kid is a local star. But every year it's the same thing for Pitt. They are a crappy team nowhere near competing for the Coastal, which is the far easier division of the ACC. It tells you a lot about their program that they seem to think that they are always just one player away from winning something. It's pure delusion.

The best part is that in this 2018 class they have struck out. There is no 4-star player they can become obsessed over, so I guess it'll just be another year of obsessing over Paris Ford.

Reactions: JJTopp99
The Liar's have pronounced this a solid class.

Solid class? The Lair has convinced themselves that they landed 10 4-star kids. They have upgraded them themselves and are convinced that they are now 4-stars. It's some of the cringiest delusion I have ever seen.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Well, positive recruiting isn't going to work. They have no stadium, few fans, horrible game-day atmosphere, a bad record, no bowl game, and a coach with minimal to no public speaking skills. If they start talking about themselves, it's a very short conversation.

I just don't understand what negative recruiting Pitt could pull off against PSU....

"Your ears will be ringing for days after a home game up there, they have so many fans in that big stadium."

"Their uniforms are so pretty, that you will be beating those pretty coeds off with a stick. Fortunately at Pitt we don't have nice uniforms or many pretty coeds."

"Winning most games you play will get boring. At Pitt winning is kinda rare and special, in fact we have a losing record over the last 25 years."

"You don't really want to go to PSU and compete in the best division in CFB, so come play in the worst."

"What fun is a stable coaching staff?"

"Why would you want to play at PSU for that honorable, respectful man, with a history of winning? Here at Pitt our loser coach kisses players, throws temper tantrums, and blames the refs for losses."

"PSU doesn't have 4th quarter dance parties, bus rides to the rental stadium and practice, keychains for fluke wins, free beverages for those fans who stay awake for the entire game."

"Why compete for a National Championship at PSU, when we can make one up for you at Pitt?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT