ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

It must be wonderful to have such a fulfilled life, that you can sit around all day long dreaming up lies about Penn State and a deceased Joe Paterno.

Reactions: TheGLOV
https://247sports.com/college/pittsburgh/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Amazingly, over HALF of Pitt's class aren't ranked in the top 1000 players in the nation by the composite.

iu

This is kind of interesting. I don't know anything about him, but VT fans are insinuating that Pitt's new WR coach hire is sketchy. Kind of funny because there have been multiple Pitt posters say they need to start paying players like they did in the old Golden Panther days.

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/11331151/board/vtfootball/

Interesting Chris Beaty now at Pitt -- Mercury01/21/2019 8:57PM

IMO he wouldn't bring anything to the table that ZB doesn't in the 757 ** -- BROman Hokie 01/22/2019 10:01AM
lvl1.gif
It's what he brings UNDER the table to recruiting... ** -- NokieHokie 01/22/2019 10:29AM
lvl1.gif
Yeah yeah... If we go that route, I woukd want Fuente fired immediately ** -- VTECHFAN 01/22/2019

1:04PM

Colby111
Beaty
Shady Mc shady

NokieHokie
Yes he is. And he keeps getting jobs. Tells you all you need to know about
the charade that is college football.

Wild Turkey
If the NCAA had anything in the category of common sense
They would red flag these hires. So you want to hire coaches who are known to be shady, then it should be recognized to all that your program and this coach will be under a closer watch. Thats fair and keeps people just a tad more honest.
There is almost no way an assistant coach can bounce around and be such an ace recruiter without some shenanigans

Reactions: marshall23
This is kind of interesting. I don't know anything about him, but VT fans are insinuating that Pitt's new WR coach hire is sketchy. Kind of funny because there have been multiple Pitt posters say they need to start paying players like they did in the old Golden Panther days.

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/11331151/board/vtfootball/

Interesting Chris Beaty now at Pitt -- Mercury01/21/2019 8:57PM

IMO he wouldn't bring anything to the table that ZB doesn't in the 757 ** -- BROman Hokie 01/22/2019 10:01AM
lvl1.gif
It's what he brings UNDER the table to recruiting... ** -- NokieHokie 01/22/2019 10:29AM
lvl1.gif
Yeah yeah... If we go that route, I woukd want Fuente fired immediately ** -- VTECHFAN 01/22/2019

1:04PM

Colby111
Beaty
Shady Mc shady

NokieHokie
Yes he is. And he keeps getting jobs. Tells you all you need to know about
the charade that is college football.

Wild Turkey
If the NCAA had anything in the category of common sense
They would red flag these hires. So you want to hire coaches who are known to be shady, then it should be recognized to all that your program and this coach will be under a closer watch. Thats fair and keeps people just a tad more honest.
There is almost no way an assistant coach can bounce around and be such an ace recruiter without some shenanigans

Virginia Tech fans, in particular, seem to cry “bagman” when they lose recruits more than other fanbases. I’ll bet you all the money I have that they’ve accused Franklin and/or his staff of the same thing.

Reactions: TheGLOV

How dumb is this fan base to not realize Penn State plays 10 P5 (extra conference game) teams yearly just like Pitt does but soon Pitt will be playing 9 because they can’t take the heat and need to get bowl eligible.

I swear pitt fans are the least intelligent in any sport. Logic alludes them. It’s fascinating to see how dumb they are

You could waste your time explaining this to them but they are too dumb to comprehend

True

What does it say about you guys that you care one iota what a Pitt fan says? If Pitt is so beneath you and you are superior, then why do you even care. It is extremely bizarre.
Maybe we’re bored, and nobody started an Akron thread which is the same as Pitt.

Reactions: m48tank
Your intense yearning for validation from Penn State fans is quite strange.
I am getting all the validation I need by reading all the posts about Pitt on the Penn State Message Board. You are dominating in recruiting. You won handily last year. We will only play 1 more time, and then the series is over. But yet you guys just can’t stop talking about Pitt. Keep up the good work.

I am getting all the validation I need by reading all the posts about Pitt on the Penn State Message Board. You are dominating in recruiting. You won handily last year. We will only play 1 more time, and then the series is over. But yet you guys just can’t stop talking about Pitt. Keep up the good work.

What is amazing is the fact that you do not realize a lot of us are from Pittsburgh and see and hear Pitt obsess about anything and everything Penn State, so while a few of us get our laughs at Pitt, your entire fanbase is obsessed with anything and everything Penn State.

On top of that, you belong to one of the least intelligent fan bases in the country. Most of you are delusional enough to think the 70’s are going to make a comeback. Face it, you’re easy to laugh at

Mauti hit the nail on the head. Many of us live in Pittsburgh, side by side with Pitt fans who regularly slur all things PSU. I work with people who constantly text furiously with their fellow Pitt alums during the season, negatively commenting on JF's latest perceived gaffe. I listened to them crow about all of the kids in the portal, as though kids leaving with their degrees after 3 years was a bad thing. Etc etc etc.

So yeah, when I get the opportunity to respond in kind with my compatriots here, I will take it.

How much did the Pitt board talk about PSU through the sanctions era when we weren't playing?

True

What does it say about you guys that you care one iota what a Pitt fan says? If Pitt is so beneath you and you are superior, then why do you even care. It is extremely bizarre.

As I said, Pitt had their fun in the sanctions era but those days are long gone. Penn State is recruiting like a Top 5 school and Pitt is recruiting like they don't belong in a Power 5 conference. Your attendance is only going to get worse. And we're going to be here every step of the way to rub your noses in it. It's going to be awesome. I suggest you stop visiting this thread if you can't take it.

We are amused by how many national championships pitt athletic supporters award their football program between January and August. Then the season starts, and well...
Tread lightly. A new OC is certain to turn Kenny Football (Heisman) back on track. Losing its last three games (2 in blowout fashion) and 12 starters are all reason to be optimistic that 10 wins are practically assured!

True

Nice try, but WE are not superior. We're just fans like the pitt fans are.

It's just that the PSU football program IS superior, which makes the pitt fans go crazy. About 50 pitt of the 60 pitt fans that still exist..... The 10 that are still sane actually look at the pitt football program realistically, which irritates the other 50 to no end and makes the conversations on your board entertaining at times!

Last edited:
To be fair, there are advantages to being a Pitt fan: 1. No lines at the rest rooms or concession stands. 2. No traffic jams or parking issues 3. Short and easy to read books detailing big wins 4.Commemorative Keychains 5.Free beverages. Feel free to add......

Mauti hit the nail on the head. Many of us live in Pittsburgh, side by side with Pitt fans who regularly slur all things PSU. I work with people who constantly text furiously with their fellow Pitt alums during the season, negatively commenting on JF's latest perceived gaffe. I listened to them crow about all of the kids in the portal, as though kids leaving with their degrees after 3 years was a bad thing. Etc etc etc.

So yeah, when I get the opportunity to respond in kind with my compatriots here, I will take it.

And none of us are allowed to post on the Pitt boards without being banned. I’m fine with Pitt fans posting here but Pitt fans are too soft to allow it the other way

Ditto

Tread lightly. A new OC is certain to turn Kenny Football (Heisman) back on track. Losing its last three games (2 in blowout fashion) and 12 starters are all reason to be optimistic that 10 wins are practically assured!
Give them credit for that OC hire. Why take the chance on a upcoming young and dynamic OC that may just be using Pitt as a stepping stone. Instead they hired someone close to retirement, who never won more than 4 games in a season as a FBS head coach and underperformed at Miami which was his only other FBS OC position. I'm sure PItt outbid many MAC teams for his services. But he does blame officials for losses, so he does seem to be a Narduzzi kind of guy. Pry must be shaking in his boots over the surprises that Whipple will being to the Pitt offense. I'm sure the first play they run will be a surprise jet sweep to a DB since they won't have anyone that's an offensive player capable of running the play successfully. Good times ahead in Oakland, good times. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Give them credit for that OC hire. Why take the chance on a upcoming young and dynamic OC that may just be using Pitt as a stepping stone. Instead they hired someone close to retirement, who never won more than 4 games in a season as a FBS head coach and underperformed at Miami which was his only other FBS OC position. I'm sure PItt outbid many MAC teams for his services. But he does blame officials for losses, so he does seem to be a Narduzzi kind of guy. Pry must be shaking in his boots over the surprises that Whipple will being to the Pitt offense. I'm sure the first play they run will be a surprise jet sweep to a DB since they won't have anyone that's an offensive player capable or running the play successfully. Good times ahead in Oakland, good times. :)
Hey don't rip the Jet Sweep to the WR - I used to love that play to Polk because the hand to hand transfer of the football reduced the probability of a drop ( I kid, I kid ;))

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
True

Need comic relief once in a while since its not like we have any recruiting battles to discuss

That is my point. Do you go to the Akron board? Do you care what an Akron fan thinks?
Akron fans don’t trash us and talk about all the reasons they’re going to beat us every year. They don’t trash a player like Saquon Barkley just because he went to Penn State. If they did, we would have threads about them too....but they’re smart enough to know where they stand in relation to Penn State, Pitt fans aren’t.

I cant take this anymore, i come on this thread every day and see lies after lies about the Pitt football program. You guys are all LOSERS who cant keep the classier programs name out of your mouths, and it shows with over 81 pages of OBSESSION. I cant wait until next year and come in to your 104k stadium and kick all of your asses and ill be laughing and screaming at all of you while we take home the final W for a LONG time since you babies are AFRAID to schedule us. HAIL. 2. PITT!

Yes, Dan, it's true. You've figured it out. We really are afraid to schedule you.

Schools with teams filled with recruits ranked in the low 1000's fill us with fear. Schools that get a new coach every few years make us very uncomfortable. Having to play a school that claims 3,421 national championships in a rented stadium always fears us with dread.

Damn. You're on to us.

Reactions: Hotshoe and m48tank
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT