ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates 2020 Thread - Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs!

You can pretty much bet that he did something stupid to catch it. Anyone holding out hope that the Bucs trade him for quality prospects is kidding themselves. I dont know if I've ever seen a baseball player make more bad decisions on the field than him. It seemed like Marte tried, but couldnt match Polanco gaff for gaff.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
You can pretty much bet that he did something stupid to catch it. Anyone holding out hope that the Bucs trade him for quality prospects is kidding themselves. I dont know if I've ever seen a baseball player make more bad decisions on the field than him. It seemed like Marte tried, but couldnt match Polanco gaff for gaff.
Polanco may be the worst baserunner of all time

To be fair to Polanco. Bob Walk also did some dumb stuff on the field. Topped by going up to the plate to hit without a bat. ;)

Reactions: therod
115908048_2610054955973305_1973265800894300941_n.jpg

A few of my thoughts from game one for the GLOV:

- Would much rather have Tucker in the lineup instead of Dyson or Heredia. Doesn’t even matter that he isn’t an outfielder (though he looked like a natural a few days ago), but would be nice to see him (and the other young guys for that matter) get as many ABs as possible
- Not sure why you don’t bring in Nick Burdi (who I think is our best reliever) instead of Rodríguez. Comes back to hurt as he gave up two runs
- I hate to admit this because I still hold his father against him, but Jacob Stallings looks like he’s coming around to be a solid catcher. Had a nice 2 RBI single tonight and made some nice plays behind the plate. I think I’ll be fine with him serving as the stopgap until they can get a catcher in the pipeline or they invest in the position long-term

I wouldn’t mind if the bottom fell out from underneath them and they secured a top pick, but I love the fact that they showed some heart and battled back twice to make it a game.

A few of my thoughts from game one for the GLOV:

- Would much rather have Tucker in the lineup instead of Dyson or Heredia. Doesn’t even matter that he isn’t an outfielder (though he looked like a natural a few days ago), but would be nice to see him (and the other young guys for that matter) get as many ABs as possible
- Not sure why you don’t bring in Nick Burdi (who I think is our best reliever) instead of Rodríguez. Comes back to hurt as he gave up two runs
- I hate to admit this because I still hold his father against him, but Jacob Stallings looks like he’s coming around to be a solid catcher. Had a nice 2 RBI single tonight and made some nice plays behind the plate. I think I’ll be fine with him serving as the stopgap until they can get a catcher in the pipeline or they invest in the position long-term

I wouldn’t mind if the bottom fell out from underneath them and they secured a top pick, but I love the fact that they showed some heart and battled back twice to make it a game.

Good analysis.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT