ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia Eagles 2021 Offseason Thread

Mixed feelings. Eagles need Wentz to play and have success for the trade return, but this deja vu makes the Eagles decision look a little better.

Looking like a second rounder for wentz now. Surgery and out for 5-12 weeks. Now it's time to root against the colts
If he misses 9 weeks, then that’s the first 4 games (I think). They open with Seattle, the Rams, the Titans and the Ravens during that stretch. Ouch.

And if Wentz starts off slow, then the wheels could fall off before mid-season. What will be interesting will be the amount of leash he gets in Indy, if that happens.

Good for Jordan. Many of us felt this would be the outcome. Bad for Howie’s worsening rep as a talent evaluator wrt Dillard. Another first rounder who doesn’t appear poised to make an impact.

At what point do people temper next year’s draft haul with Howie’s awful draft record?

i remember last year losing my MIND when Mailata played so well after JP went out, then when JP came back, the turnstyle went back in at LT. Mailata looked REALLY good. he was always the guy that had raw talent but the technicality of the position was holding him back from being a mauler. Now that he's gotten a ton more comfortable with his technique, I think you're gonna start seeing the monster that he is start to PLAY instead of THINK. starting to see it already in camp, when he put Graham on his ass. Dude is a diamond, and will end up being a HoFer... mark my words.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestSideLion
Good for Jordan. Many of us felt this would be the outcome. Bad for Howie’s worsening rep as a talent evaluator wrt Dillard. Another first rounder who doesn’t appear poised to make an impact.

At what point do people temper next year’s draft haul with Howie’s awful draft record?
So Howie earns criticism for the Dillard pick (yes), but deserves no credit for seeing the potential in an Australian rugby player with no American football experience with a 7th round pick. Got it.

Reactions: Nitwit and Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT