ADVERTISEMENT

Pens vs Rangers

canuckhal

May 5, 2014
Not sure I feel so good about this match-up. Hopefully either Fleury or Murray can start.

Tristan Jarry called up today. Could be for practice, could be precautionary. Either way, not the news I was hoping to hear

Tristan Jarry called up today. Could be for practice, could be precautionary. Either way, not the news I was hoping to hear
And related, it's Damn hard to criticize Sullivan, but why was murray in the net against Philly on the first place

And related, it's Damn hard to criticize Sullivan, but why was murray in the net against Philly on the first place

Don't know, but the game didn't matter to the standings (other than letting Philly clinch the last spot before the Bruins lost). Maybe giving Flower a rest before the playoffs start, or giving Murray some time in net as a just-in-case.

My guess is that Fleury was able to play on Saturday. They just chose to give him more rest and Murray more game experience. I think we will see Fleury playing on Wed and Sullivan knew that.

I gotta be honest, I was hoping Fleury would get to play against Philly. I don't like the fact that his first game back from injury will be a playoff game. That being said, if that is Flower taking that blow to the head and neck right after coming back from a concussion his year would be over.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Believe this series will completely come down to the health of Fleury.
IF Fleury is healthy and plays: Pens in 5 or 6
IF Fleury can't go: Rangers in 6 or 7

What struck me as hilarious was how the Islanders tanked last night against the Flyers to avoid the Penguins...apparently they didn't know about the goalie situation? Doubtful, they threw that game last night.

What struck me as hilarious was how the Islanders tanked last night against the Flyers to avoid the Penguins...apparently they didn't know about the goalie situation? Doubtful, they threw that game last night.

All the Rangers had to do was beat the Islandersearlier... But they couldn't...Islanders are banged up... Completely understand resting their guys... And... The Panthers are no slouch...

Islanders 100% tanked it on purpose. They put a preseason lineup out there last night against the Flyers (for the most part) and mailed it in once they were up 2-0. Doesn't matter they won't get past Florida anyway

They are planning on Fluery starting on Wednesday. That's why he started Murray...they knew Fluery would be back and wanted MM to get another game in. I don't think the MM injury is super serious....although they need to get him back in case MAF tanks again in the playoffs.

I can't believe i and other people are hooping that Fleury will be starting in the playoffs. Hope his shrink is on top of his game.

Reactions: WeR0206
I can't believe i and other people are hooping that Fleury will be starting in the playoffs. Hope his shrink is on top of his game.
He's been solid the last two playoffs. I'm really not worried about him anymore. He's not the best in the game, but there's no reason to expect a meltdown a la the Philly series.
Can some of the young guys who aren't playoff seasoned keep up their play? That's more of a worry for me. Still, I'm guardedly optimistic.
Also, word I'm hearing is that Geno can be back as early as Saturday. Granted, the team has a history of rushing him back early. Still, if he's ready, him centering 34, 17, 43, etc ... one hell of a "third" line.

Geno is a wild card. Sometimes he shows up and at other times is a total liability. Team really caught fire without him, so could be his last playoffs with the Pens.

I gotta be honest, I was hoping Fleury would get to play against Philly. I don't like the fact that his first game back from injury will be a playoff game. That being said, if that is Flower taking that blow to the head and neck right after coming back from a concussion his year would be over.

The Pens can win with or with MAF.

Settle down.

Pens in 5 - 6.

I actually don't want to see him (MAF) until later in this series or next series.

Aside from last years playoff's, he chokes more times than a hooker going down on a BIG TEN INCH!!

:);):);):)

They are planning on Fluery starting on Wednesday. That's why he started Murray...they knew Fluery would be back and wanted MM to get another game in. I don't think the MM injury is super serious....although they need to get him back in case MAF tanks again in the playoffs.

What? MAF sheet the bed in the playoffs? Playoffs??

According to the MAF Apologists he can walk on water, distribute loaves of bread & some fish to thousands of people and turn water into wine!!

:D:D:D:D

Islanders 100% tanked it on purpose. They put a preseason lineup out there last night against the Flyers (for the most part) and mailed it in once they were up 2-0. Doesn't matter they won't get past Florida anyway
The team is completely banged up. Need to have the best players healthy for the playoffs. I'm not sure they ranked the game to avoid Pittsburgh though. I think they rested important players instead of playing them for their fifth games in seven days (I think I have that correct).
As far as them getting past Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if they swept them. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were swept by them. Nothing in between those two extremes would surprise me either. Tough team to figure out.

I'm a huge Rangers fan... after our fast start, we have been streaky and very inconsistent...I don't see us get out of the first round...

Reactions: TheGLOV
Only the last one sir and I do respect your opinion.

Look up how many times our back up goalie saved our bacon.

Glov, MAF two years ago in the post-season had 2 shutouts, a 2.40 GAA and a save percentage of .915. Each of those statistics is superior to MAF's numbers when he won the Cup. (0 SO, 2.61, .908)

Last edited:
Reactions: cavic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT