ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State WR Dante Cephas expected to enter transfer portal

Addition by subtraction. A good start for the Penn State WR room.

Now, we need 3-5 more WRs to transfer out or be processed out.

The scholarships will be needed for incoming transfer portal upgrades.

giphy.gif

It will be interesting to see how he performs wherever he ends up. Then we’ll know who screwed the pooch on this one. God forbid he tears it up at a place like sPitt.

While he does have some talent, he certainly never seemed to be on the same page as Allar with the playbook. Not a big loss.
If the coaches need a chart ro remember their own plays that they have been running for their whole career then how do you expect the players to know the plays?

It will be interesting to see how he performs wherever he ends up. Then we’ll know who screwed the pooch on this one. God forbid he tears it up at a place like sPitt.
He could end up there since he is from the Pittsburgh area.

if he had trouble picking up the playbook, how is changing programs going to make him better? He came in late. I wish the best for the kid but you could see he was livid that he didn't play in the bowl game.
It seems the coaches were planning on a near total overhaul of the dysfunctional WR room. Purely a guess, but KLS and Cephas were both not in the coaches’ plans for ‘24. It’ll be very interesting to see what that room looks like in the Spring.

It seems the coaches were planning on a near total overhaul of the dysfunctional WR room. Purely a guess, but KLS and Cephas were both not in the coaches’ plans for ‘24. It’ll be very interesting to see what that room looks like in the Spring.
perfect word for the group. No leaders, bad work ethic and no growth, as much as coaches deserve blame so do the players. Complete lack of chemistry and leadership

if he had trouble picking up the playbook, how is changing programs going to make him better? He came in late. I wish the best for the kid but you could see he was livid that he didn't play in the bowl game.
Maybe this time he'll get to enroll in January buying him more time to study the playbook.

He did have the couple nice td passes over his shoulder. He actually caught a couple fades
I thought he showed promise but it was clear he was inconsistent. Allar and he always seemed to be on different pages. So I am disappointed he is leaving. With time and some chemistry, it may have worked. But Flemming is a step up so...

What about it is a joke? I'm sure there is a better fit out there for both Cephus and for PSU. Seems like a solid move for both parties.

Something is messed up with the WR situation at PSU. We heard rumors about players not working hard in practice but we'll never know the whole story. I do know this much. KLS was our top WR early in the season before his PT/targets fell off the cliff. Cephas was our second leading WR but he never saw the field against Miss. Seems to me that something is going on with these two besides their ability but we'll never know.

The grand experiment is dead
We are in the video game/ reality tv version of SMU Pony Express 2024....

Shit- they got Erik Dickerson for a Trans Am and got the Death Penalty.

Cam Newton's old man's "church repairs." Child's play.

Chump change today!!!! Dante probably got more $ in net present value terms. The tail is wagging the dog.

Remember when we were fretting that Cephus may change his mind at the last minute for a better offer after we lost the NC State wr to the Eers?

Kid FINALLY caught not 1 but 2 fade route tds...something that seemed to elude us forever. For that he deserves credit.

As for the rest- it just seems to be the way of the world nowadays. Whatever he got in NIL is more than he provided to us in value. On to the next....

Good luck and goodbye.

Reactions: bytir
Addition by subtraction. A good start for the Penn State WR room.

Now, we need 3-5 more WRs to transfer out or be processed out.

The scholarships will be needed for incoming transfer portal upgrades.
Yep, need -5 from current roster and +5 from the portal.

WR recruiting should be a good bit better than "trial and error", but unfortunately thats the current process......

I'm hoping McClain sticks around and takes a big step forward but he may be gone soon too..........

Reactions: blair10
Oh well. How are they going to replace those 22 catches? His best game was against Maryland. Him and McClain were disappointing.
lol, we will lose a lot of entertainment with this portal transfer. I actually got quite a few laughs in watching him run random routes during the games. It really was comical at times.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT