ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State, the 4th most hated FB program in the nation

Or those that are assholes.

Ask yourself the question--who are really the assholes?
You still think any of this bothers me. it doesn't.
I'm just looking forward to the game tomorrow and want to talk sports. I don't care who agrees with me. I'm not desperate to get along with the "cool kids" on the board.
The fact so many people here agree about everything is cult-like

Ask yourself the question--who are really the assholes?
You still think any of this bothers me. it doesn't.
I'm just looking forward to the game tomorrow and want to talk sports. I don't care who agrees with me. I'm not desperate to get along with the "cool kids" on the board.
The fact so many people here agree about everything is cult-like
I don’t need to ask myself who are the assholes because I already know. Anyone who thinks their opinion is the only one that’s right all the time is the very definition of an asshole. Your act is so old everyone on here knows what you’re going to post about a particular subject before you even post. If it’s a post about another program, you’re going to support the other program. If it’s a post about PSU, you will post against PSU. Disagreeing with everyone on every topic doesn’t make you smarter or more of a college football fan, it makes you an asshole.

I don’t need to ask myself who are the assholes because I already know. Anyone who thinks their opinion is the only one that’s right all the time is the very definition of an asshole. Your act is so old everyone on here knows what you’re going to post about a particular subject before you even post. If it’s a post about another program, you’re going to support the other program. If it’s a post about PSU, you will post against PSU. Disagreeing with everyone on every topic doesn’t make you smarter or more of a college football fan, it makes you an asshole.

You don't know--you think you know. And you just defined yourself with your definition.
Again, where have I posted against Penn State?
I agree with people all the time...including you...you just ignore those moments

You don't know--you think you know. And you just defined yourself with your definition.
Again, where have I posted against Penn State?
I agree with people all the time...including you...you just ignore those moments
You argued against people who thought Barkley should have won the Heisman. You argued against people who thought PSU should have made the playoffs (two years in a row). You trash PSU’s OOC schedule, but then post that we shouldn’t take Pitt or App State lightly. You argue against people who think PSU will win 11 games this year. You post we will win a lot of games but only because of our poor schedule. You argue against people who think Miles Sanders is going to be a good running back. You argue against people who claim PSU’s defense was as good as Michigan’s last year even though they finished ranked about the same. You argue against people who think McSorley is a great college QB. Should I go on?

Reactions: Mudge1026
You argued against people who thought Barkley should have won the Heisman. You argued against people who thought PSU should have made the playoffs (two years in a row). You trash PSU’s OOC schedule, but then post that we shouldn’t take Pitt or App State lightly. You argue against people who think PSU will win 11 games this year. You post we will win a lot of games but only because of our poor schedule. You argue against people who think Miles Sanders is going to be a good running back. You argue against people who claim PSU’s defense was as good as Michigan’s last year even though they finished ranked about the same. You argue against people who think McSorley is a great college QB. Should I go on?

Because Barkley shouldn't have won the Heisman--the Heisman is about numbers--I'm being realistic. He's the best player in the country but had ZERO chance to win the award. Again, reality

I said Penn State should have made the playoffs in 2016 over Washington...so, you're wrong

Our OOC is a joke and the games against Pitt and App State should be over at the half

I have said repeatedly that we can win 11. I said the other day it's very possible that both us and Ohio State go 11-1. My only argument is 11 wins shouldn't be the expectation this year and that 9 wins is probably just as likely.

I do argue against people that think Miles Sanders is a great back. Because I disagree. I'm entitled to that opinion.

Our defense wasn't as good as Michigan's last year--you're ignore the field position part of the game when you say that

McSorley is a great COLLEG QB--I said I don't believe he's the best in the game

Please go on and get some right

I firmly believe that hatred is a byproduct of jealousy and envy.

According to some “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” I am sure jealousy and envy are somewhere in there too though.

Reactions: RU31trap
Because Barkley shouldn't have won the Heisman--the Heisman is about numbers--I'm being realistic. He's the best player in the country but had ZERO chance to win the award. Again, reality

I said Penn State should have made the playoffs in 2016 over Washington...so, you're wrong

Our OOC is a joke and the games against Pitt and App State should be over at the half

I have said repeatedly that we can win 11. I said the other day it's very possible that both us and Ohio State go 11-1. My only argument is 11 wins shouldn't be the expectation this year and that 9 wins is probably just as likely.

I do argue against people that think Miles Sanders is a great back. Because I disagree. I'm entitled to that opinion.

Our defense wasn't as good as Michigan's last year--you're ignore the field position part of the game when you say that

McSorley is a great COLLEG QB--I said I don't believe he's the best in the game

Please go on and get some right
It’s easy to say we COULD win 11 games...hell we could win 15. But you think we will win 9 (due to our poor schedule).

The Heisman was a discussion about who SHOULD win it, not who was going to win it, which is something you never understood during your rants.

You never said PSU should have made the playoffs over Washington....you said the discussion was never whether they should have made it over OSU, it was whether they should have made it over Washington but we had two losses so we shouldn’t have.

You’ve changed your tune about the OOC games, but that sets you up to trash us if we don’t end those games by halftime....pretty easy to read there.

And our defense was as good as Michigan’s because their schedule was easier than ours last year. You can’t trash us for our poor schedule and then give Michigan credit when their schedule stunk last year.

And I don’t recall you ever posting McSorely is a great QB...you’re too busy fanboying all over Thorson (another topic we can always predict you will post in most threads).

It’s easy to say we COULD win 11 games...hell we could win 15. But you think we will win 9 (due to our poor schedule).

The Heisman was a discussion about who SHOULD win it, not who was going to win it, which is something you never understood during your rants.

You never said PSU should have made the playoffs over Washington....you said the discussion was never whether they should have made it over OSU, it was whether they should have made it over Washington but we had two losses so we shouldn’t have.

You’ve changed your tune about the OOC games, but that sets you up to trash us if we don’t end those games by halftime....pretty easy to read there.

And our defense was as good as Michigan’s because their schedule was easier than ours last year. You can’t trash us for our poor schedule and then give Michigan credit when their schedule stunk last year.

And I don’t recall you ever posting McSorely is a great QB...you’re too busy fanboying all over Thorson (another topic we can always predict you will post in most threads).

I actually think we win 10 or 11 but 9 is also very likely. Our poor schedule should give us 7 easy wins but we're good enough (or great enough) to beat everyone on the schedule if things play out the way we hope.

Should win means you comprehend what goes into determining the winner. That isn't the best player--sadly. When discussing the Heisman the discussion is what is actually going to happen and I said that repeatedly

I said a million times the argument was Penn State-Washington and because of Washington pathetic SOS and non-conference schedule we should have been. I said an issue was the idiots saying we should have been in over Ohio State because there wasn't a valid argument for that. You're completely making up the part about 2 losses. I don't care at all about losses. Never have. I think that's the dumbest way to judge teams.

Never changed my tune. You can't sleep walk through anyone but if we're as good as we claim we shouldn't be tested until Ohio State

Our defense wasn't as good a Michigan's last year. Give us that defense and we're probably 12-0 and playing in the title game--JMO

McSorley is a better college QB than Thorson. Thorson has much more NFL potential. I've always said McSorley is a great college QB you just ignore that part.

Try again

I actually think we win 10 or 11 but 9 is also very likely. Our poor schedule should give us 7 easy wins but we're good enough (or great enough) to beat everyone on the schedule if things play out the way we hope.

Should win means you comprehend what goes into determining the winner. That isn't the best player--sadly. When discussing the Heisman the discussion is what is actually going to happen and I said that repeatedly

I said a million times the argument was Penn State-Washington and because of Washington pathetic SOS and non-conference schedule we should have been. I said an issue was the idiots saying we should have been in over Ohio State because there wasn't a valid argument for that. You're completely making up the part about 2 losses. I don't care at all about losses. Never have. I think that's the dumbest way to judge teams.

Never changed my tune. You can't sleep walk through anyone but if we're as good as we claim we shouldn't be tested until Ohio State

Our defense wasn't as good a Michigan's last year. Give us that defense and we're probably 12-0 and playing in the title game--JMO

McSorley is a better college QB than Thorson. Thorson has much more NFL potential. I've always said McSorley is a great college QB you just ignore that part.

Try again
Should win is a subjective discussion that has nothing to do with how it’s determined. You talked down to everyone who felt Barkley should win (like you always do). Hell, you talked down to people who thought Barkley should have been invited to NY.

I must have missed any posts where you said PSU should have been in the playoffs over anyone.

We were ranked 12th in defense against a tougher schedule and UM was ranked 10th against a garbage schedule.

And I’m sure people think Darnold had more NFL potential than Mayfield, but I think Mayfield will be better.

so there's that. perhaps belongs under the negative recruiting thread under the heading "haters gonna hate".

B3-BO460_201808_G_20180830144050.jpg
Nobody hates Austin Pea when they are losing 10 plus games pre year.

Better now than when we were #1 just because of - and only because of - JS. Remember the stupid WSJ Matrix.

Guys, ease up on the bickering, would ya? we're in the freaking playoffs already... and not only do we get bama in the first game, michydouchy got eeked out by us and has to sit home and play with themselves. All is well in the world... we've got this!

Or as it is sometimes said... you've got this!

I think we’d have made that list even before the Second Mile Scandal. Lots of people were jealous of Success With Honor and you could see that from the glee the masses showed in what they thought was the end of Penn State Football.

I’m sure those folks were grinding their teeth during our consecutive 11-win seasons.

Guess what haters.... We’re ba-ack!

Todays WSJ article on the most overrated FBS teams. They used the initial AP and final AP ranking over the past 20 yr period. Top 4 on the I've fallen and can't get up category are 1. FSU, 2. ND, 3. UM, and 4. Neb. Seminoles only team highly over ranked not on the top 10 most hated list. I think that plays into the "hated' votes. All the hyped press, especially on ND and UM with no tangible results.
Would love to see that list!

Reactions: JJTopp99
I think we’d have made that list even before the Second Mile Scandal. Lots of people were jealous of Success With Honor and you could see that from the glee the masses showed in what they thought was the end of Penn State Football.

I’m sure those folks were grinding their teeth during our consecutive 11-win seasons.

Guess what haters.... We’re ba-ack!

WE. NEVER. LEFT. :eek:

I firmly believe that hatred is a byproduct of jealousy and envy.
so there's that. perhaps belongs under the negative recruiting thread under the heading "haters gonna hate".

B3-BO460_201808_G_20180830144050.jpg
I will always hate Notre Dame the most. even if they never win another game. We would destroy them on the field and they'd still get a better bowl. They got their own network TV contract and we had to join the B1G

Classic jealousy. The top programs, both in terms of winning and prominence, are the most hated.
Every blue blood is listed. You’re exactly right, the most hated programs are the ones with the most tradition. A lot of jealousy out there, the haters are the ones that wished they could have what we Penn St fans have.

Every blue blood is listed. You’re exactly right, the most hated programs are the ones with the most tradition. A lot of jealousy out there, the haters are the ones that wished they could have what we Penn St fans have.

The poll pre-selected those teams. You couldn't respond "Oregon" or "Florida State" or whatever.

Nebraska and Oklahoma don’t belong on the list. But Florida State does along with Miami, maybe Oregon, Tennessee after the Shiano fiasco, Baylor after all their nonsense. I’d rank USC near the top along with ND. I’m not an Alabama hater but interestingly that Clemson or Auburn aren’t mentioned.

I prefer the term "least liked", and two of them are playing tonight at 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT