ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State-Michigan State Match Thread

Actually, Cael has mentioned in prior Press Conferences that the guys like Brooks, RBY, Starrocci.... have final say on which duals they will compete in, so you're tilting at windmills on this one imho.
Yes. I heard the interview and you can tell Cael doesn’t like the new “norm” of guys not wrestling. He mentioned guys like Bo and Taylor that never missed a match. He also commented that so far the guys sitting want to go for the big matches and if they weren’t then he’s be concerned.

I feel Cael here..he trusts his guys though you can tell he’d much rather guys go out every match

Wrestling is hard to figure out sometimes. Foley beat Ragusin 12-4 a few weeks ago; today, he had nothing for RBY.

When he’s not outmuscled, Steen can wrestle. Just needs some size.
I was talking to a friend about this Friday night. When Conaway went to 133 he spent the summer eating and lifting and built himself into a very sturdy looking 133 pounder. Assuming Steen is slightly undersized, it would seem to have made sense for him to spend the offseason forcing his intake upwards while lifting his ass off.

Reactions: Antaeus and mcpat
I don’t see Beau as lacking confidence; I see him as being careful to not get himself out of position. He seems to know when he can let it fly and plays it more cautious than some others when he’s not sure that he should.

Look, ultimately you gotta go out and beat whoever is in your way. But I don’t understand starting Barraclough here for seeding purposes when everyone knows (I’d reckon even Cael) how this ends.

Haines is likely coming off the hardest two weeks of training of his life.

Recovery is an important part of progression.

Our coaches know that. Better than TnT, for damn sure.

Holy Cow! The both Levi and Baraclaw wearing headgear ready to come out. TB gets the nod. Others wise the roof would have been blown off the BJC. Penn State building and grounds crew happy BJC still in tact.

Have to say Saldate earned it. Also have to think 157 is settled. Barraclough is a good wrestler but difficult to see points at NCAAs from him. Haines, on the other hand looks like an AA. Great depth at the weight though. Barraclough would start and likely NQ at a lot of schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT