ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football to hire Kansas Andy Kotelnicki as Offensive Coordinator

Ha, as great of a job these guys did at KU, this is still their 1st winning season.

The half full Beav is the best. I think the nadir for attendance in the last two decades has been like 70k, correct. Never even close to half full.

Also, a half full Beaver stadium would still have higher attendance than a sold out KU stadium (47k seats) and one of the worst P4 stadiums without question.
There is even more gold today. They have REALLY ramped up the Sandusky barbs.

-Nothing screams elite like not remotely being in the championship picture since 1994.
-The only thing special about Penn State is their money, they’ve only ever even won their own conference 5 times
-Maybe. Because your conference is terrible. (re: the BIG)
-They won't be competing for national championships especially with Oregon and Washington coming in. Both schools are clearly better then Penn State

My favorite
-I don't believe that Jerry S. was the only pedophile; maybe the only one on staff. But there was a district atty who disappeared, then was later found in his car, drowned, in a lake, sometime later. Ruled accidental, but he had been investigating the allegations. Someone close to me who was a PSU fan, stopped watching and rooting for them, believing there had been a coverup and a rush to convict the one known criminal.

Poster was close to facts, but.....no he wasn't close.

-Nothing screams elite like not remotely being in the championship picture since 1994.
-The only thing special about Penn State is their money, they’ve only ever even won their own conference 5 times
-They won't be competing for national championships especially with Oregon and Washington coming in. Both schools are clearly better then Penn State

My favorite
-I don't believe that Jerry S. was the only pedophile; maybe the only one on staff. But there was a district atty who disappeared, then was later found in his car, drowned, in a lake, sometime later. Ruled accidental, but he had been investigating the allegations. Someone close to me who was a PSU fan, stopped watching and rooting for them, believing there had been a coverup and a rush to convict the one known criminal.

I guess that it's really going to drive them nuts when PSU is selected to a NY6 Bowl for the fifth time in the last eight seasons.

My favorite

Jeez, did Kansas even have football fans before this year? I can’t imagine how insufferable they are around basketball.

Jeez, did Kansas even have football fans before this year? I can’t imagine how insufferable they are around basketball.
They finished 8-4 and in eighth place in the Big 12 this season, which is probably their best season since Mark Mangino took them to the Orange Bowl a long time ago. I loved them beating OU this season, but KU football historically hasn't even been as good as PSU basketball. Until Leipold took over and at least made them competitive, their program may have been the worst Power 5 program for many years; it was a joke.

Despite their recent competitiveness, they're still Kansas football that is going to play in a conference in which their two flagship programs are leaving. Good luck to them, but I don't think that we'll be seeing KU football winning anything of significance probably ever.

Last edited:
They finished 8-4 and in eighth place in the Big 12 this season, which is probably their best season since Mark Mangino took them to the Orange Bowl a long time ago. I loved them beating OU this season, but KU football historically hasn't even been as good as PSU basketball. Until Leipold took over and at least made them competitive, their program may have been the worst Power 5 program for many years; it was a joke.

Despite their recent competitiveness, they're still Kansas football that is going to play in a conference in which their two flagship programs are leaving. Good luck to them, but I don't think that we'll be seeing KU football winning anything of significance probably ever.
Agree, maybe they’re still sore over our victory over KU in the 1969 Orange Bowl 😂

My favorite

Aside from the Sandusky nonsense are they wrong?

I guess that it's really going to drive them nuts when PSU is selected to a NY6 Bowl for the fifth time in the last eight seasons.
They won't care about that. Many of us don't even care about that. The goal is the playoff.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves. Oklahoma State winning could know us out. Probably not but could. Depends on what else happens.

Aside from the Sandusky nonsense are they wrong?
They're wrong based on the fact that PSU finished as the #3 ranked team in the country in 2005 (if either USC or Texas had lost, PSU possibly could've played for the NC), and was one spot away from making the playoffs in 2016.

They won't care about that. Many of us don't even care about that. The goal is the playoff.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves. Oklahoma State winning could know us out. Probably not but could. Depends on what else happens.

Did you care when Joe was coaching?

Sandusky's victims were Kansas fans and they got what they deserved. Probably even liked it.

They're wrong based on the fact that PSU finished as the #3 ranked team in the country in 2005 (if either USC or Texas had lost, PSU possibly could've played for the NC), and was one spot away from making the playoffs in 2016.
Do you really consider that 05 team "in contention for a title"?
Missing the playoff isn't being in contention. Michigan destroyed us in 2016 and we lost to Pitt, right?

Did you care when Joe was coaching?
The playoff killed the bowls--or their meaning anyway.
But even under Joe bowls like Citrus, Outback, CapOne and Alamo weren't interesting. And we went to those way too often under Paterno.
Even 05 against FSU in the Oragne was "meh". FSU was barely a decent team let alone a good one and we struggled with them.

Do you really consider that 05 team "in contention for a title"?
Missing the playoff isn't being in contention. Michigan destroyed us in 2016 and we lost to Pitt, right?

The 05 team was one blind ref's inability to see Jason Avant's fat foot on the line away from going undefeated. That or the Bush Push getting called correctly and they're playing for the title. Yea I'd say they were in contention.

and was one spot away from making the playoffs in 2016.
Proving that even a major conference champion is not necessarily deserving of a spot in the subjective invitational series. Also proving that some regular season games count and others don't.

The 05 team was one blind ref's inability to see Jason Avant's fat foot on the line away from going undefeated. That or the Bush Push getting called correctly and they're playing for the title. Yea I'd say they were in contention.
You believe our 05 team was close to either of the top 2 teams that year? Honestly?

You believe our 05 team was close to either of the top 2 teams that year? Honestly?

It doesn’t matter what I think or you think. That’s not what in contention means. You don’t actually have to accomplish x to have been in contention for x.

Reactions: GSPMax
From what I have been seeing, they were definitely worried about losing him. Regardless, I really like what he says about his offensive philosophy.
Thanks for getting him out of our state👍
GetAttachmentThumbnail

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
It doesn’t matter what I think or you think. That’s not what in contention means. You don’t actually have to accomplish x to have been in contention for x.
My definition of contention includes having the ability to win a title. Maybe others disagree but are you a contender if you can't beat Texas/USC?

Bad take bro. See '87 Fiesta Bowl. Nobody thought we had a shot vs Miami either.

Definitely in contention in '05. Texas beat OSU by 3. We beat them by 7. USC was unstoppable and Vince Young played out of his mind. Either game would have been fun.

Reactions: bison13

Their fans talking crap about PSU after this season would be like PSU basketball fans talking trash about their basketball program because we made the tournament last year.

My definition of contention includes having the ability to win a title. Maybe others disagree but are you a contender if you can't beat Texas/USC?

So we’re just making our own definitions now. Got it. Your definition has never been in contention for the definition of in contention.

Reactions: bison13 and GSPMax
So we’re just making our own definitions now. Got it. Your definition has never been in contention for the definition of in contention.
A contender doesn't have to be deemed capable of beating other top teams? Pretty sure that's exactly what the definition is.

Bad take bro. See '87 Fiesta Bowl. Nobody thought we had a shot vs Miami either.

Definitely in contention in '05. Texas beat OSU by 3. We beat them by 7. USC was unstoppable and Vince Young played out of his mind. Either game would have been fun.
Then we disagree. We weren't on that level IMO. Not saying you're wrong just I don't see it. I think both bear us easily.

My recollection of the 2005 OSU/Texas game was that an OSU tight end dropped an easy TD pass in the end zone toward the end of the game that would have given OSU the win.

Nick Mangold the OSU all star offensive lineman on their 2005 team who went on to play for Jets for many years is on record as saying that PSU was a better team than Texas in 2005.

My recollection of the 2005 OSU/Texas game was that an OSU tight end dropped an easy TD pass in the end zone toward the end of the game that would have given OSU the win.

Nick Mangold the OSU all star offensive lineman on their 2005 team who went on to play for Jets for many years is on record as saying that PSU was a better team than Texas in 2005.
Did he say if we were better than USC?
I mean, that's great--I just don't believe it to be true. We were lucky to survive Northwestern that year. Maybe we weren't excited to play FSU that year but if we played how we played in that game against Texas or USC it would have been over at the half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT