ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State Adds Commitments Form Connor And Cole Mirasola

You could be right but I have a hard time believing Carter is going 86 kg (almost 190 lbs) and taking his chances against Taylor. He would be a really small 86. I don't even think he beats Aaron there let alone David.
I agree. I think he’s gonna end up sort of stuck like Mark is. Maybe he can get back to 74 like he did for trials last year but I’m not convinced.

To add to mjmirv's questions ..
Is Erik Gibson a possible factor anywhere next yr; does he slot into 157 (and Barraclough of course) if everyone does move up ?
I cant remember much about him.
I had this conversation with @McScoreley recently. I think it’s impossible for anyone to seriously know. He was at 165 with finger lakes and had solid results but didn’t face a ton of competition.

Reactions: RandyL and El-Jefe
I think it’s impossible for anyone to seriously know. He was at 165 with finger lakes and had solid results but didn’t face a ton of competition.
That's putting it mildly. Except for Kraisser (who's not starting at Iowa State), he would've faced a tougher bracket in Hershey or Suoer 32 or Fargo.

Gibson deserves a wait and see approach. If Levi outgrows the weight, then he'll have a shot. But expecting him to replicate Levi's first year would be unfair to him.

Does Levi have Mark Hall-like, super dense bones?

Because I've watched all of his matches this year and he has never looked BIGGER than any of his opponents. Just my opinion, but I don't know that he's necessarily a lock to go up or RS next year.

I had this conversation with @McScoreley recently. I think it’s impossible for anyone to seriously know. He was at 165 with finger lakes and had solid results but didn’t face a ton of competition.
I think he could make it but it'd be a tough pull (no harder than Levi's though) Often times in greyshirt and redshirting years, wrestlers go up to not have to cut (and get used to wrestling bigger guys)

Because I've watched all of his matches this year and he has never looked BIGGER than any of his opponents. Just my opinion, but I don't know that he's necessarily a lock to go up or RS next year.
I was 10 feet away from him and Facundo last week and couldn't tell who was bigger. I think he's cutting a bit.

Reactions: Creek Side

I thought the same thing. Levi didn't look like a big 157 to me until I saw him against I think it was paddy. That said, I think he holds 157 one more season and imo it's the best for the team.

Body shape and size can be deceptive. Rumor has it that each one of his testicals weighs 5 lbs.

Reactions: 1AA
Let's get it out there that Aaron Nagao should transfer to PSU. He can go 133 next year so Braeden can shirt. Then shirt himself before winning 2 titles at 141 after Beau is gone.

Can you tell I really like that kid? Come on boys....let's make this happen. Ha

Edit. Check that. Why was I thinking he was a true freshman? Hmmm. Not gonna work. Lol
You guys on board yet??

Let's get it out there that Aaron Nagao should transfer to PSU. He can go 133 next year so Braeden can shirt. Then shirt himself before winning 2 titles at 141 after Beau is gone.

Edit. Check that. Why was I thinking he was a true freshman? Hmmm. Not gonna work. Lol

bubbles-what-the.gif

It looks like it has been mentioned on HR that I may have recruited Nagao to PSU. In case he ends up here and Vodka decides to contact the NCAA for an investigation, I want to make it clear that I am not really a PAID Iowa Hater on Caels staff.

Or am I?

That is a huge one! Pretty sure every program in the country would open their doors wide for him. Wonder if Cael is changing his flight and heading to Minnesota now? As well as Cannon fits time wise Nagao is just the better wrestler at this point I think. @johnstownsteel your dream might just come true and I’m fully on board

It looks like it has been mentioned on HR that I may have recruited Nagao to PSU. In case he ends up here and Vodka decides to contact the NCAA for an investigation, I want to make it clear that I am not really a PAID Iowa Hater on Caels staff.

Or am I?
Your avatar says different, other than the staff part!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT