ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Penguins NHL Playoffs Thread

First game Sunday 12 Noon EST.
10 AM my time.

Pens record, I believe, 6 - 2 on the year against the Islanders.

Let's go Pens!

:)
I know very little about hockey so I feel qualified to pick the Islanders in 7. 🙃

A healthy Pens team will be tough to beat.
Unfortunately, the words healthy and Penguins very rarely can be used together. If they can get past the Islanders, which isn't going to be easy, I think that they'll have a good chance against either the Bs or Caps because that series is going to be a war on ice.

Unfortunately, the words healthy and Penguins very rarely can be used together. If they can get past the Islanders, which isn't going to be easy, I think that they'll have a good chance against either the Bs or Caps because that series is going to be a war on ice.
As proof of my post, DeSmith got hurt in practice today.

Thinking the Carter acquisition is going to be a much bigger deal than anyone thought last month. The depth they have down the middle is pretty remarkable. If they go deep, it’ll be on the backs of they’re very formidable bottom 6 forwards.

Reactions: hohmadw and TheGLOV
Methinks the playoff set up well for the Pens. Pretty healthy even though several players just came back from IR and will be rusty........Rodriguez, Tanav , Peterson, a couple more. And Jarry has only one playoff game so how he responds will be critical.

But to the good side, this season set up well. The last two years they got bounced in the first round and people said 5hey looked old and tired. But this year they played only 56 games so they should be rested. Plus, they didn’t travel like I years past. No west coast trips, played two or three games between trips. Had to really help to not travel so much. Methinks this is why they came on strong at the end of the year.

Carter is obviously a big pickup. Rust and Guentz having more experience helps a lot. But it’s mostly Jarry. In Cup runs, goalie is king. Two years ago I predicted the Blues would win it all before the playoffs started. Said that because their goalie was amazing and they road him all the way to the Cup. Here’s e hoping Jarry is the man this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
I think no matter the final 4, it will be quite interesting. Each division clearly has some excellent teams, however it really is difficult to compare given there has been no cross division play. Semis could be long and hard fought or they could be quick and division(s) exposed. 🤷‍♂️

I was down at Virginia Tech this weekend for graduation. On the way home now, stopped in Clifton Forge, Va. Thank you XM Radio with Lange and Borque.

2-1 Pens, Crosby doing his usual superhuman thing. Going to be tough as usual, it’s playoff hockey.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
Yipee!

All tied up!

3 - 3

Indeed.:D
d5x0i0p-6468854e-e539-4a8b-80d5-112f41079dbd.jpg

I was down at Virginia Tech this weekend for graduation. On the way home now, stopped in Clifton Forge, Va. Thank you XM Radio with Lange and Borque.

2-1 Pens, Crosby doing his usual superhuman thing. Going to be tough as usual, it’s playoff hockey.
FWIW you can listen to the radio feed for free with the NHL app. Even works nicely with CarPlay.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT