ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Johnson

Well, Ericstratton-Rushchairman would wreck the Rambling Wreck, so it’s probably not him.

This might be the top job right now out there, Atlanta has pretty good recruiting area your in the opposite side of the ACC then Clemson in the weak Coastal

This might be the top job right now out there, Atlanta has pretty good recruiting area your in the opposite side of the ACC then Clemson in the weak Coastal

Well...I can tell you that as I drive around the ATL, there are far more Alabama stickers and whatnot plastered on cars and trucks than GT paraphernalia...and probably more than Georgia stuff as well. Auburn, Tennessee, Florida...they all have big fanbases here. So yeah, the ATL is a good recruiting area, but there are a LOT of schools mining the lode. GT hasn't had a really great season in years. Even locally, GT doesn't get a whole lot of media attention. I think anyone taking the job will have their work cut out for them.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Agreed

They’ve had 4 or 5 solid HFCs there over the last 40 years or so.......
Every one of them ends up as a career 7-5 type coach.

Lots to offer wrt a city that a lot of kids like..... weather..... proximity to recruits etc. But GT, even in a good year, is well down the list of top choices for prime SEC area recruits...... and the support is fine, for an ACC school - - - - but no where near the $$$ or the fan base of the SEC programs.
Except for the one that won a MNC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT