ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Hornung Awards Dinner Last Night

udsig91

Dec 26, 2011
I had the opportunity to attend this event last night here in Louisville. It really turned out to be a wonderful event. Saquon was here with his family. He is a very impressive young man as we all know. He handled and presented himself with class all night. He comes across as a very sincere young man not taking anything for granted. He got a little choked up talking about his parents and how much them mean to him.

Coach Franklin was also here with his family. He was very gracious. An alumni from our table went up to find him and let him know there was two tables of alumni in attendance. He came back with her, introduced himself to each person at both tables and took photos with all the alumni in attendance. What impressed most was he introduced himself as James...that struck me a being incredibly humble. He also did a wonderful job in his speech. I always enjoy hearing how he has 125 sons and two daughters. As he concluded, he got a little bit emotional talking about Saquon and how he has been a great big brother to his daughters.

The highlight of the evening was NFL great and featured keynote speaker, Jim Brown. I have always enjoyed hearing him interviewed and him sharing his stories and experiences. Last night, he did not disappoint. He delivered a powerful and meaningful message to all in attendance. Even though he is now 82 and he mentioned he had not been infront of a microphone in a while, he did a tremendous job.

All in all a great night in Louisville for Penn State...congratulations Saquon!!!

What impressed most was he introduced himself as James...that struck me a being incredibly humble.

I don't know, I've always found that people who use their full first name are kinda fussy and high maintenance... I would have preferred if he introduced himself as Jim! Just Kidding, if I'm not the charter member of the CJF fan club then I'm a tie for second. Thanks for sharing the story.

I don't know, I've always found that people who use their full first name are kinda fussy and high maintenance... I would have preferred if he introduced himself as Jim! Just Kidding, if I'm not the charter member of the CJF fan club then I'm a tie for second. Thanks for sharing the story.
I've shared before, but I can tell you first hand that CJF never had anything handed to him. In addition, he has remained in close contact with the friends he made along the way. He has done a few favors for me....including posing for the picture in the upper left. I feel very good about having him for the "long haul."

Coach Franklin was also here with his family. He was very gracious.

With all due respect to our previous short term coach, I believe this right here is one of the biggest reasons we are where are today. They can call JF a salesman or whatever, but that's what it takes.

Here in CLE, Jim Brown is a folk hero. He does a TON of work for inner city youths and is devoid of political correctness. I know he has a checkered past but as an adult, he is his own man with his heart in the right place. Plus, he bedded Raquel Welch.

11rw.gif

Here in CLE, Jim Brown is a folk hero. He does a TON of work for inner city youths and is devoid of political correctness. I know he has a checkered past but as an adult, he is his own man with his heart in the right place. Plus, he bedded Raquel Welch.

11rw.gif
Jim Brown was the GOAT, and may have done some good things in the community, but no man that beats women is a hero.

I had the opportunity to attend this event last night here in Louisville. It really turned out to be a wonderful event. Saquon was here with his family. He is a very impressive young man as we all know. He handled and presented himself with class all night. He comes across as a very sincere young man not taking anything for granted. He got a little choked up talking about his parents and how much them mean to him.

Coach Franklin was also here with his family. He was very gracious. An alumni from our table went up to find him and let him know there was two tables of alumni in attendance. He came back with her, introduced himself to each person at both tables and took photos with all the alumni in attendance. What impressed most was he introduced himself as James...that struck me a being incredibly humble. He also did a wonderful job in his speech. I always enjoy hearing how he has 125 sons and two daughters. As he concluded, he got a little bit emotional talking about Saquon and how he has been a great big brother to his daughters.

The highlight of the evening was NFL great and featured keynote speaker, Jim Brown. I have always enjoyed hearing him interviewed and him sharing his stories and experiences. Last night, he did not disappoint. He delivered a powerful and meaningful message to all in attendance. Even though he is now 82 and he mentioned he had not been infront of a microphone in a while, he did a tremendous job.

All in all a great night in Louisville for Penn State...congratulations Saquon!!!
Jim Brown physically abused women, more than once. He is a piece of garbage.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
my friends mother, sister and niece were having dinner in Avalon 2 summers ago and CJF was at the table next to them

they introduced themselves as he was passed by. he stopped, sat with them & talked for 5 minutes or so

and then he picked up their check .... nuff said!

my friends mother, sister and niece were having dinner in Avalon 2 summers ago and CJF was at the table next to them

they introduced themselves as he was passed by. he stopped, sat with them & talked for 5 minutes or so

and then he picked up their check .... nuff said!
Neshaminy representation. Nothing like it.

Reactions: Uh Clem
If articulate, compassionate and principled make you a "salesman," then I'm all in.

As a salesman who considers himself to be articulate, principled, and compassionate, I'd agree.
My initial impression of JF was that of a politician. He didn't seem genuine, but it could have been that he was a bit nervous and over-rehearsed for the media circus of taking the PSU job. (The PA boy with a Penn State heart comment seemed a bit much by the 10th time)
But political lip-service only goes so far and it's clear that those surrounding JF think highly of him which I put more stock in than what i saw/see during pressers, interviews, and other media events. Frankly, I hope he never gets that comfortable with the media sharks.

Reactions: PSU77sh

Coach Franklin is a very humble man. During this event, he was staying in the same hotel as I was and he took the time to talk and to take some photos. I am sure he wasn't expecting to run into any PSU fans at the Galt House but he smiled, walked up to shake my hand and introduced himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT