ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Narduzzi staying at Pitt (stealing Tommy Stevens tweet)

mikemauti42

Oct 6, 2012
Narduzzi uses the wolf of Wall Street tweet Tommy Stevens used when he stayed at Penn State. He loves him some PSU football as much as we love to laugh at him. I MSU wanted someone better

Narduzzi didn’t even have to post this. Nobody thought MSU wanted him. They quickly went after other coaches.

Reactions: odshowtime
Narduzzi didn’t even have to post this. Nobody thought MSU wanted him. They quickly went after other coaches.
As I stated earlier, I happened to tune in to xm and hear a MSU "insider" and he made it pretty clear that Tressel will not get the job and that the tone he gets is MSU wants to move on "divorce" from the Dantonio Era. If that is true and likely is, they never placed a call to " Old Salty Junior."
There are some indications that the top choice was Matt Campbell, next Luke Fickell and it could be that both are not interested at this time.
He also stated, that he had predicted this back in August. Dantonio, who is fiercely loyal to Tressel and staff, planned to get his 4.3 million and then resign at a point where the administration would be hard pressed to find a replacement and then appoint Tressel and by extension his defensive assistants.
There is also some speculation that given the revelations in the Blackwell Law Suit MSU gave MD a choice resign or be fired. He chose to take the high road, which, I believe is what everyone there hoped for. The basis for this speculation is that as late as last week, Dantonio was calling HC's and asking for permission to talk to their asst. in regard to hiring a OC.

He staying and he ready for another Narduzzi 5 loss special. No matter what the guy finds a way to lose 5 games a season.

Now that he's won the Quick Lane Bowl and wrapped up another 8 - 5 season he'll undoubtedly be in high demand. Pitt should hurry up and extend him for another 5 years.

There’s been literally no indication that MSU was so much as interested in Narduzzi.

When asked if Michigan state contacted him about its opening, Narduzzi responded: “next question. Cmon now.... put it this way, my phone was blowing up Tuesday night”.

Lmao

Reactions: SaquonCappelletti
There’s been literally no indication that MSU was so much as interested in Narduzzi.

When asked if Michigan state contacted him about its opening, Narduzzi responded: “next question. Cmon now.... put it this way, my phone was blowing up Tuesday night”.

Lmao
For what it's worth (not much I suppose) As of about 5PM last night on the Mark Packer show on Sirius.XM, Dave Revsine had him as their number 2 choice behind Fickell. Revsine noted PN's denial and said it didn't matter. Revsine seemed to speak like an insider, closer to MSU than most. He was @ MSU all week.

For what it's worth (not much I suppose) As of about 5PM last night on the Mark Packer show on Sirius.XM, Dave Revsine had him as their number 2 choice behind Fickell. Revsine noted PN's denial and said it didn't matter. Revsine seemed to speak like an insider, closer to MSU than most. He was @ MSU all week.
We all know what coach denials are worth. A few weeks before taking Carolina job Matt Rhule did a carefully worded denial about going to the NFL.

He staying and he ready for another Narduzzi 5 loss special. No matter what the guy finds a way to lose 5 games a season.
Not to rip on a good man but that always brings me back to UM complaints about LLLoyd Carr.

Now that he's won the Quick Lane Bowl and wrapped up another 8 - 5 season he'll undoubtedly be in high demand. Pitt should hurry up and extend him for another 5 years.

A five year extension would be about right considering that's how many games he loses every season.

Reactions: CvilleLion

Lmao

It cracks me up when someone doesn't answer a question but instead supplies vague innuendo. That's a sure sign they'd be embarrassed of the real answer so they give a non answer hoping someone will interpret it as a positive. The Pitt hacks likely took his "phone blowing up" reply to mean MSU called multiple times begging him to come to East Lansing. That guy is such a moron. I hope he stays at Pitt for awhile. Comedy gold.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
It cracks me up when someone doesn't answer a question but instead supplies vague innuendo. That's a sure sign they'd be embarrassed of the real answer so they give a non answer hoping someone will interpret it as a positive. The Pitt hacks likely took his "phone blowing up" reply to mean MSU called multiple times begging him to come to East Lansing. That guy is such a moron. I hope he stays at Pitt for awhile. Comedy gold.
Yep. If there’s so much as a handful of people who purport to love you and your wife walks out, your phone will blow up within the next 24 hours. Doesn’t mean sex-crazed singles are lining up for a go...

He’s a goof. At the same time, it’s the man’s career. And it’s hard to take too much joy in seeing him embarrass himself. If MSU really never called, I’d understand why. But still, that must really stink for him.

Much like the Wolf of WPIAL, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that since I do not have any other job offers, I will also be staying in my current position at this time. Thank you

I just dropped in on the Lair to see how Pitt fans are feeling about Duzz's "announcement" and, not only are they happy he is "staying", they are convinced that he turned down an offer from MSU! Here is a gem from one of their delusional posters:

"I dont think Pitt fans fully appreciate this move by Narduzzi. Its not like Rutgers last year, or some other low end P5

Staying at Pitt when MSU calls should get Pitt fans invested. I think Narduzzi knows he has something special being built."

Anyone who thinks MSU even spoke with Pat, except to tell him to stop calling, is out of their minds!

I just dropped in on the Lair to see how Pitt fans are feeling about Duzz's "announcement" and, not only are they happy he is "staying", they are convinced that he turned down an offer from MSU! Here is a gem from one of their delusional posters:

"I dont think Pitt fans fully appreciate this move by Narduzzi. Its not like Rutgers last year, or some other low end P5

Staying at Pitt when MSU calls should get Pitt fans invested. I think Narduzzi knows he has something special being built."

Anyone who thinks MSU even spoke with Pat, except to tell him to stop calling, is out of their minds!

"Five Loss Pat" is building something special alright......

can you imagine this fanbase coming off a fifth consecutive 5+ loss season with a coach in which the 6th loss was avoided by an .500 Eastern Michigan running up and down the field on your supposed “great” defense being optimistic?
I’d be down right pissed we were bringing back the coach and sure as hell would not be optimistic about the coming season.

Pitt fans live in a world of delusion during every offseason

can you imagine this fanbase coming off a fifth consecutive 5+ loss season with a coach in which the 6th loss was avoided by an .500 Eastern Michigan running up and down the field on your supposed “great” defense being optimistic?
I’d be down right pissed we were bringing back the coach and sure as hell would not be optimistic about the coming season.

Pitt fans live in a world of delusion during every offseason
Yet they own real estate in your head. Kind of odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT