ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Chambers Stepping Down

Pat goes out flexin'....

Ek4iEllXEAUmJzo

Thank you Coach...

Jim Ferry named interim coach so they won’t be making any hires in the near term. Let’s see if anyone transfers which wouldn’t make sense if he mistreated players. But will be interesting to see nonetheless.

Basically, you can write the epitaph for the basketball program.
What program?

Reactions: nits74
Political overcorrectness is running amuck in this country.

You tell a joke or have a conversation that even one person in a crowded room doesn’t like, you are screwed. You look at somebody in a way they don’t like, you are screwed. You did something childish 10-20-30-40 years ago and it gets out, you are screwed.

None of us are perfect or close to perfect. It’s unfortunate that so many people are today being judged to that standard.

I have no clue as to what Pat did or said.....or was alleged to have done or said. I wish him and his family well, he loved PSU and worked hard to represent it.

Local news here in NEPA-Jim Coles says it involved a player that transfered to tOSU did he mean ISU?

This must be frightening to someone like Coach K. I wonder if Duke is looking at whether he has yelled at a player......for god sake, I hope that Coach K does not swear as this could make someone feel uncomfortable.

I am interested to hear about Pat's transgressions, he was all in for PSU and was making progress toward getting the program to where it needed to be.

Here we go, as many posters have asked for Pat is gone, who are the big name candidates waiting in line to replace him?

Reactions: bison13
This must be frightening to someone like Coach K. I wonder if Duke is looking at whether he has yelled at a player......for god sake, I hope that Coach K does not swear as this could make someone feel uncomfortable.

I am interested to hear about Pat's transgressions, he was all in for PSU and was making progress toward getting the program to where it needed to be.
Glov, is that you?

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but do most coaches list their top 10 accomplishments in their resignation statement?
Weird.
I thought the same thing, especially when your list of “accomplishments” really isn’t that great. Clearly his announcement leave no doubt as to whether he resigned on his own.

Last edited:
With the Cavs (one of the final straws was calling his team "thugs").
Not quite accurate. He was referring telling the team they were no longer playing like slugs and said thugs. It was a compliment and thugs makes no sense at all.

Not quite accurate. He was referring telling the team they were no longer playing like slugs and said thugs. It was a compliment and thugs makes no sense at all.
It is accurate...he said he meant to call them “slugs”, but called them “thugs” instead, but it was one of the final straws in losing the team. You think Sandy is touching that situation right now?

Tough being a coach in today's woke culture. Any negativity toward a player can be construed as mistreatment. The days of a coach grabbing you and screaming "your killing me out there" are over. With the NCAA allowing so much free movement now the kids now how to play the game. Everyone player in college is being held back from the NBA by a coach that doesn't see their potential correctly.

Maybe Chambers is a bad guy maybe he isn't but today's cancel culture is an additional hurdle to navigate.

Nice post. I agree.

So who does Sandy hire now that the job is open? Does she hire another no name mid-major coach that eveyone will need to Google to fgure out who he is? Or for once, does Penn State pony up and be willing to pay a name head coach 3 million+ a year to come to Happy Valley? I guess we will find out whether Penn Tate wants to continue to treat its basketball program like a cash cow or do they want to grow the program and make it competitive in the Big Ten and nationally. Sadly, my money is on the former,

So who does Sandy hire now that the job is open? Does she hire another no name mid-major coach that eveyone will need to Google to fgure out who he is? Or for once, does Penn State pony up and be willing to pay a name head coach 3 million+ a year to come to Happy Valley? I guess we will find out whether Penn Tate wants to continue to treat its basketball program like a cash cow or do they want to grow the program and make it competitive in the Big Ten and nationally. Sadly, my money is on the former,
Question I always ask...what exactly is a “name” head coach (especially to PSU basketball fans)? Who is this name coach you’re hoping to grab at $3 million?

Question I always ask...what exactly is a “name” head coach (especially to PSU basketball fans)? Who is this name coach you’re hoping to grab at $3 million?
2 years ago, both Jeff Capel and Danny Hurley got hired at Pitt and UCONN respectively for that amount. Would they have taken the Penn State job if it was open and offered at the time? I don’t know, but I’d rather have someone like either Capel or Hurley get hired who is a “known name” to prospective recruits, someone they want to come play for verses someone they have to Google to find out who he is.

Reactions: bison13
It is accurate...he said he meant to call them “slugs”, but called them “thugs” instead, but it was one of the final straws in losing the team. You think Sandy is touching that situation right now?
He did not call them thugs. He said that they are no longer playing like thugs.
. What is playing like thugs, anyway?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT