ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 champ game

Their best win is not as good as PSU. Their strength of schedule is worse. Strength of record is almost equal.

Our resume is better
Our metrics our better.

Eye test …. Again … eh
Eye test is relevant. They literally destroyed everyone they played other than Washington.
Against, Washington they've looked capable of winning--especially in the first game
We didn't look capable of beating Michigan or Ohio State.
I get what you're saying but do you agree Oregon is a lock to be ranked higher than us? I don't think many would argue we're the better team. The rankings aren't "resume or analytics". They're opinion

Reactions: manilion
More awkward trophy ceremony than Penn State fans booing Delaney?
It’ll be fine because both of these teams have a soft landing spot. Now, if it was Oregon State or Washington State winning this game with the PAC commissioner handing them the trophy, that’d be must watch tv. ;)

Washington runs a toss sweep (or whatever it was) to seal the game....... Damn.....

#11 for Washington is pretty good.

Reactions: psu00
Eye test is relevant. They literally destroyed everyone they played other than Washington.
Against, Washington they've looked capable of winning--especially in the first game
We didn't look capable of beating Michigan or Ohio State.
I get what you're saying but do you agree Oregon is a lock to be ranked higher than us? I don't think many would argue we're the better team. The rankings aren't "resume or analytics". They're opinion
They should have lost to Texas tech….

Do I think they will be ahead of us, yes. I already said that. I just don’t think they should be. Resume and analytics play a huge role on rankings …. Until they don’t. And they haven’t all year with Oregon as both Texas and Alabama should have been ahead of them

Clifford is 3-1 vs them (4-0 really but we got screwed and Devyn Ford is a moron)
U7Ghu2s.gif

They should have lost to Texas tech….

Do I think they will be ahead of us, yes. I already said that. I just don’t think they should be. Resume and analytics play a huge role on rankings …. Until they don’t. And they haven’t all year with Oregon as both Texas and Alabama should have been ahead of them
True--they played like garbage against a bad TTU team. Very bad TTU team.
I think rankings are primarily based on who people think will beat if they played when they're comparing teams. I don't think anyone respects Texas truthfully which is why Oregon is ahead of them.
Texas and Bama get to prove tomorrow how good they are. Well, Bama does. Texas didn't get a good matchup to help their case.

Both Oregon and Washington could win the B10 this season.
Oh please. Michigan or Georgia are going to destroy Washington on both sides of the ball.

Oregon may beat OSU or Penn State in a bowl game this year depending on who plays and how much they care. But in a postseason game that counts, you will see that UDub is not at the level of the very top teams in the country. This is despite DeBoer being a great coach and Penix being a winner.

Reactions: bison13 and dswartz
Oh please. Michigan or Georgia are going to destroy Washington on both sides of the ball.

Oregon may beat OSU or Penn State in a bowl game this year depending on who plays and how much they care. But in a postseason game that counts, you will see that UDub is not at the level of the very top teams in the country. This is despite DeBoer being a great coach and Penix being a winner.
Washington won't beat Georgia but they absolutely can beat Michigan. TCU beat Michigan

I'd definitely put him about Bielema and Ferentz. He's comparable to Franklin.
He just can't beat DeBoer or Kirby. He's like 21-1 against everyone else. Franklin-esque.
What has he done to say he’s better than Kirk Ferentz? I mean he took over a team that beat Ohio state in Columbus the year before he took over. He may end up being great. But he doesn’t deserve that accolade yet.

DeBoer’s record as a college head coach now stands at 103-11. I find that amazing. Granted, he went 67-3 at NAIA Sioux Falls, but he was instrumental in building that program before he became HC, and they have not had anywhere near that level of success since he moved on. He’s now 24-2 at Washington,

The good news re: Washington for Penn State playing them next year--the Huskies had a ton of 5th and 6th year players on this year's roster. Not likely to be as good in 2024.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
What has he done to say he’s better than Kirk Ferentz? I mean he took over a team that beat Ohio state in Columbus the year before he took over. He may end up being great. But he doesn’t deserve that accolade yet.
He's under 40 has beat everyone he's gone against other than DeBoer and Smart (and J-Smith once). I'm not saying he's Smart of Saban or even DeBoer obviously but look at the track record at the same point of their careers. Lanning is a very good coach. Trying to dismiss him or Oregon as entering the Big Ten as another Iowa or Illinois is crazy.

You're claiming Oregon's current staff isn't better?

I’m claiming the previous staffs victory over the buckeyes is irrelevant as it relates to the current staff and their perceived ability to compete with the top dogs in the big ten.

Lanning is now 0-3 against Washington (and I believe was favored in all 3 games) and was absolutely throttled by UGA last year. If that happened here we’d declare him on the hot seat. If Franklin lost 3 straight against OSU after being favored in all 3 it’d be UGLY.

Maybe play the loser in the Fiesta and then we'll find out. Penn State needs to play Oregon, Texas or Alabama to see just how good they, and the Big Ten are
Nix likely won't play for Oregon. Won't show much of anything. Just like we'll likely be without a few key guys. Or without them after a series.

He's under 40 has beat everyone he's gone against other than DeBoer and Smart (and J-Smith once). I'm not saying he's Smart of Saban or even DeBoer obviously but look at the track record at the same point of their careers. Lanning is a very good coach. Trying to dismiss him or Oregon as entering the Big Ten as another Iowa or Illinois is crazy.
All of that also applied to Mark Helfrich … and he actually Got them to the title game, yet how’d that all work out?

I’m claiming the previous staffs victory over the buckeyes is irrelevant as it relates to the current staff and their perceived ability to compete with the top dogs in the big ten.

Lanning is now 0-3 against Washington (and I believe was favored in all 3 games) and was absolutely throttled by UGA last year. If that happened here we’d declare him on the hot seat.
No we wouldn't. Not in year 2. In year 5 if that's the same then yes. Let alone as long as Franklin has been here

All of that also applied to Mark Helfrich … and he actually Got them to the title game, yet how’d that all work out?
Helfrich wasn't under 40 in year 2 nor was he as highly thought of when he took over. Is that your comp for Lanning or just a desperate attempt to try to avoid the fact he and DeBoer make the Big Ten tougher

He had 40 scholarship players for the bowl in year 2… complaining about his record against OSU after 2014 and 2015 was significantly more ridiculous than it is today.
Did he win 21 games? No
He was 14-12 counting bowl games which meh...but 500 isn't going to cut it regardless of sanctions. He came in with a QB that was projected to be elite and lost games many felt he shouldn't have. We all knew he had to start winning more games or he'd be gone. Not beating Ohio State then wasn't an issue for me. It is now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT