ADVERTISEMENT

PA state duals

I remember about 10 years ago when District 11 was solid at a bunch weights around 140. An undefeated Josh Kindig and his father decided to enter Jordan Oliver's weight..
Us fans thought it was bad choice. He ended up with 3 losses which I think all were to Oliver and finished 2nd in states.
I think that's going to be what happens if someone decides to go 145. Anderson will not lose again.

He is absolutely NOT going 138. Jagger told me today he planned to wrestled 145 since the summer. He weighs about about 150 and both he & his younger brother traditionally don’t really cut weight.

Britton will be back at Individual Districts it was announced

Just read the local paper and Condomitti is going to stay at 145 for districts.
The kid is only a sophomore. I would hope Cael would look at him or some of the other talent here in District 11. Handlovic is a hammer and only a junior. Crookham is unbelievable and only a freshman.
It's just hard to fathom that no big time District 11 kid has gone to PSU since the Darling debacle. Before that it was Billman. I do understand that a couple of kids that had the academics chose Lehigh. But I just would think a kid from our area maybe once every 5 years would show up out Penn State.

51-21 Southern Columbia over brookville
Didn’t work out too well for the Raiders this year. Got kinda ugly there towards the end. Came back for fourth, however. Finished above projections, imo.

The kid is only a sophomore. I would hope Cael would look at him or some of the other talent here in District 11. Handlovic is a hammer and only a junior. Crookham is unbelievable and only a freshman.
It's just hard to fathom that no big time District 11 kid has gone to PSU since the Darling debacle. Before that it was Billman. I do understand that a couple of kids that had the academics chose Lehigh. But I just would think a kid from our area maybe once every 5 years would show up out Penn State.
It's not just that -- IIRC the only big-time D11 kids Cael even offered were Lizak and Racciato. (In fairness, it never got to that stage with Kindig because the Altons were at the same weight and committed so quickly.)

But in the Cael Era, D11 hasn't really pumped many AAs, and of those we had as good or better options at the same weights. (IIRC Cruz is the only champ, and Nico repeatedly trounced him.) McMullan might be the only exception, and Cael was recruiting Gwiazdowski.

That said, I'm sure Cael is very aware of Condomitti and especially Crookham. Handlovic to a lesser extent -- he may be stuck in that no man's land, good enough to start D1, not good enough to start at PSU.

... I'm sure Cael is very aware of Condomitti and especially Crookham. Handlovic to a lesser extent ...
I received a clairvoyant vision, and it’s bad news. PSU will miss out on a kid, and the reason will be as follows.
Cael: Condomitti?
Casey: Yeah, Condomitti.
Cael: I never use ‘em.

rocky2.jpg

It's not just that -- IIRC the only big-time D11 kids Cael even offered were Lizak and Racciato. (In fairness, it never got to that stage with Kindig because the Altons were at the same weight and committed so quickly.)

But in the Cael Era, D11 hasn't really pumped many AAs, and of those we had as good or better options at the same weights. (IIRC Cruz is the only champ, and Nico repeatedly trounced him.) McMullan might be the only exception, and Cael was recruiting Gwiazdowski.

That said, I'm sure Cael is very aware of Condomitti and especially Crookham. Handlovic to a lesser extent -- he may be stuck in that no man's land, good enough to start D1, not good enough to start at PSU.
Sasso?

Dominated by Nick Lee. Beat Verk recently, but Verk dominated him in 2018. Hard to say if he'll be better than what Cael has on the roster.

But really -- how many more guys could Cael have fit into the 2018 class?

And Sasso had off the mat baggage -- which hopefully he has overcome, but given the size of the 2018 class, why take that chance?

Reactions: danoftw
I'll take Sasso over Verk and maybe Berge at 149.
Perhaps but what 2018 guy would you sacrifice to get Sasso? (Including the risk he had at the time of recruitment.)

The obvious answer today is Teasdale but that's 20/20 hindsight. At the time of recruitment, we still needed him.

Also at the time of recruitment, Verk beat Sasso 15-4.

Reactions: kevin310
Perhaps but what 2018 guy would you sacrifice to get Sasso? (Including the risk he had at the time of recruitment.)

The obvious answer today is Teasdale but that's 20/20 hindsight. At the time of recruitment, we still needed him.

Also at the time of recruitment, Verk beat Sasso 15-4.
Sasso issues were prior to his senior year, unlike Teasdale issues. I don't think that's 20/20 hindsight.
If you were recruiting a weight (149) and a wrestler's upside with offensive potential I thought Sasso would be the perfect type of a Penn State wrestler. I thought it 2 years ago and think so more now. We'll see starting next year if either Penn State wrestler can make 149.

Sasso issues were prior to his senior year, unlike Teasdale issues. I don't think that's 20/20 hindsight.
If you were recruiting a weight (149) and a wrestler's upside with offensive potential I thought Sasso would be the perfect type of a Penn State wrestler. I thought it 2 years ago and think so more now. We'll see starting next year if either Penn State wrestler can make 149.
By 20/20 hindsight I meant that we needed a 125 and thought Teasdale would work out. We did not need a 149.

And if Sasso proves better than Verk in the long run, so what? Jordan was better than Verk, they won the battle, we won the war.

Condomitti has no interest in PSU. The "scandal" sealed that deal. They're big OkSt fans ... and Lehigh. A double shame as there's a younger brother who may prove out to be a stud, as well.

Not at 149
Berge as lost 2 matches and beaten ranked kids this year. Hall, Cenzo, Nick Lee lost 2 or more their Freshman year and have been studs! Berge is a talent and will have a great career. He's learning like all freshman do. It's a little early to jumping to these type of conclusions. Let's see how he does the rest of the year . Glad he is on our team.

Berge as lost 2 matches and beaten ranked kids this year. Hall, Cenzo, Nick Lee lost 2 or more their Freshman year and have been studs! Berge is a talent and will have a great career. He's learning like all freshman do. It's a little early to jumping to these type of conclusions. Let's see how he does the rest of the year . Glad he is on our team.
I think Berge is good , my comment was I don't think 149 is his weight. I sense that's part of the issue with him not wrestling lately. If you recall he had issue with weight the start of the season.

Reactions: Tjsch1
Exactly. Have fun losing

Really? He's a ... what ... 16? 15? year old kid being influence/controlled by his sheltered rural parental units.

Hope for the best for the kid. Maybe he can get out there and break the cycle, no matter where he attends.

From what I've heard, and read, the kids seems like a reasonable, introspective kid ... there's hope.

Reactions: Afw6006
Condomitti has no interest in PSU. The "scandal" sealed that deal. They're big OkSt fans ... and Lehigh. A double shame as there's a younger brother who may prove out to be a stud, as well.

Oklahoma State with John Smith and Lehigh are both excellent choices. Saying someone wants to lose by choosing another school is pretty childish/ridiculous. That said......all the best kids should go to PSU...…:)………..or Pitt :)

Really? He's a ... what ... 16? 15? year old kid being influence/controlled by his sheltered and rural parental units.

Hope for the best for the kid. Maybe he can get out there and break the cycle, no matter where he attends.

From what I've heard, and read, the kids seems like a reasonable, introspective kid ... there's hope.
easy there...... let's just hope he grows up accountable for his own actions

Reactions: El-Jefe
The next time I'm in Morrestown , I'll take some pictures of all the farm acerage and the Country Store. The town of Northampton is an old labor town built from the workers of the Cement Mills. Outside of that area the school district is rural.

These comments about the kid, Northampton as a rural town & how it affects his interest in Okie, PSU or anyone else are funny. If Cael comes knocking i think any kid would at least listen

well if politics are in this kids decision making then Iowa is the place to go because not only do many of the current and former team members embrace the R in their social media, many members of the team were on stage with Trump during the campaign.

Ok state not even close to that kind of embrace.

That all said why does their politics have anything to do with his college choice. Stupid is as stupid does.

That all said why does their politics have anything to do with his college choice. Stupid is as stupid does.
Bingo.

That and the President has said positive things about Joe, so if Condimitti's dad is a mindless lemming, wouldn't Jagger be a lock for PSU?

I think Berge is good , my comment was I don't think 149 is his weight. I sense that's part of the issue with him not wrestling lately. If you recall he had issue with weight the start of the season.

Berge should be more comfortable at 157 next year. He was wrestling 160 in high school back in 2015.
IIRC he was weighing in the mid 150’s for most of his high school career and wrestled up. Went 154 Internationally before the season.

Bingo.

That and the President has said positive things about Joe, so if Condimitti's dad is a mindless lemming, wouldn't Jagger be a lock for PSU?

Dad believes Joe knew, and did nothing meaningful to stop it, and is disgusted by PSU throughout the whole thing.

Northampton School District is rural?

Well, it's not horse and buggy rural, or all farmlands/woods rural ... but having now lived in a different area with true suburbs extending out for many, many miles beyond a city proper, I can't really classify it as anything but rural ... especially since the nearby "cities" are overgrown suburbs themselves, in a lot of ways.

Dad better hope there are no skeletons in the closet of whatever school they choose.
Can you imagine that touchy dad on this message board? We’d run his ass off here in about 4 minutes. Lemon’s critique of his son would probably make him cry

Last edited:
Can you imagine that touchy dad on this message board? We’d run his ass of here in about 4 minutes. Lemon’s critique of his son would probably make him cry

for the life of me Im hard pressed to believe that kids dad, found the one guy on the internet to give his thoughts on trump, joe and HS recruiting to knowing they would end up here .......

things that make you go.......hmmm

#trolling101

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Dad believes Joe knew, and did nothing meaningful to stop it, and is disgusted by PSU throughout the whole thing.
His Dad is on the PSU BOT? He will get a huge tuition reduction going to PSU. Else his Dad must be a HR poster, and going to dip into the 3" Binder of the chapter about "How to get 2 extra scholarships per year and win championships without being punished".

Born and raised in Northampton. Parents still live there (East Allen Township). Northampton is a bit of everything and has a huge geographical area. Old towns (Northampton, Bath), suburbia (tons of new sub divisions in Allen Township), and rural. North side of the school district borders the Appalachian Trail from south of Palmerton out to Smith Gap (west of Wind Gap). East Allen Township still doesn't offer any water or wastewater services. Very much rural throughout. Nice place for me to visit still, but I would never move back.

If Cael and crew decide it is worthwhile pursuing, and the Condomitti family is also interested, then I hope for the best to all. If not, I still wish them the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT