ADVERTISEMENT

PA Power Wrestling Podcast with Jody Strittmatter

Not all but a select few Jody always leads them to Iowa. I don't care what he says...I have heard him for myself....Do not forget he is very close with Brands since wrestling for him...He knew where to set up shop to make a lot of money.....Pa. There are a lot of unhappy Fathers right now who were taking their kids to young guns....Glad mine is done....lol

Not all but a select few Jody always leads them to Iowa. I don't care what he says...I have heard him for myself....Do not forget he is very close with Brands since wrestling for him...He knew where to set up shop to make a lot of money.....Pa.
You're being at best obtuse. Nico committed to PSU 5 years before Brands got his first Young Guns commit. In between, how many YG went to PSU? How many went anywhere but Iowa?

How many YG's have signed with Iowa (4), PSU (2), other majors? Most recently, there is a trend, but sample size is too small to draw firm conclusions.

Nevertheless, influence happens in all walks of life. So does $$$ support. It is very rarely obvious until you analyze it and realize its no coincidence.

You're being at best obtuse. Nico committed to PSU 5 years before Brands got his first Young Guns commit. In between, how many YG went to PSU? How many went anywhere but Iowa?
I took my son to young guns 6 years and know Jody well. Have a lot of respect for him. A lot of different guys go different places but a SELECT few he does influence trust me....Hey guys if you are on the inside A LOT of things go into getting an elite guy. I will leave it go at that....Respect everyone's opinion on here.

How many YG's have signed with Iowa (4), PSU (2), other majors? Most recently, there is a trend, but sample size is too small to draw firm conclusions.

Nevertheless, influence happens in all walks of life. So does $$$ support. It is very rarely obvious until you analyze it and realize its no coincidence.
Yes. Now think about it....Iowa gets 4 of Young Guns very best...PSU gets 2..Nico and Nolf....Whether we like it or not Jody and Brands are very very close !!!! There are a lot of things in recruiting that go on behind the scenes trust me$$$$. Oh well like i told my son Jody picked Pa to set up shop for a good reason. So did Cael....I would love to see how many guys we would get from Iowa if Young Guns was set up in Iowa....0000

We should have Q and DT set up a wrestling club outside Iowa City and take the boys on field trips to Rec Hall - just fact finding for the boys ;)

So they let 5+ yrs of NCAA champion-level recruits go to PSU and other schools before getting their first to Iowa ... but they're influencing guys to Iowa, just too small of a sample size to draw conclusions, and the influence is no coincidence.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that HR says about us, that we make fun of.

Let's throw some very obvious facts out there:
1. Penn State had FOUR in the starting lineup this year: Nico, Gulibon, Nolf, McCutcheon.
2. PSU has more than 2 "recent" -- I presume you're not counting Stout, Law, or Giannangeli.
3. Of Iowa's 4 total all-time: Kemerer was the same year and weight as Cenzo. Young is the same year and weight as Hall. That leaves Lee and Teasdale as likely PSU targets who chose Iowa.
4. Virginia Tech has 3 on their roster. Arizona State has 3.
5. Virginia has Krivus there now and Coy, Phillippi, Shaffer, and Scherer on the way. That's more guys with as many PA state titles as Brands got all-time from YG. Is Strittmatter influencing guys to Charlottesville?

So they let 5+ yrs of NCAA champion-level recruits go to PSU and other schools before getting their first to Iowa ... but they're influencing guys to Iowa, just too small of a sample size to draw conclusions, and the influence is no coincidence.

1. Penn State had FOUR in the starting lineup this year: Nico, Gulibon, Nolf, McCutcheon.
2. PSU has more than 2 "recent" -- I presume you're not counting Stout, Law, or Giannangeli.
3. Of Iowa's 4 total all-time: Kemerer was the same year and weight as Cenzo. Young is the same year and weight as Hall. That leaves Lee and Teasdale as likely PSU targets who chose Iowa.
5. Virginia has Krivus there now and Coy, Phillippi, Shaffer, and Scherer on the way. That's more guys with as many PA state titles as Brands got all-time from YG. Is Strittmatter influencing guys to Charlottesville?
How many would PSU get if Jody was set up in Iowa ? 0000....Hey shit happens and i am leaving this one alone.

How many would PSU get if Jody was set up in Iowa ? 0000....Hey shit happens and i am leaving this one alone.
Same number as PSU gets from Iowa anyway. In 7 years, Cael has stuck his toe in the water on precisely 1 Iowa HS kid -- Stroker. Until Cenzo kicked his ass.

I took my son to young guns 6 years and know Jody well. Have a lot of respect for him. A lot of different guys go different places but a SELECT few he does influence trust me....Hey guys if you are on the inside A LOT of things go into getting an elite guy. I will leave it go at that....Respect everyone's opinion on here.
You just accused Strittmatter of taking parents' money and then steering the kids to the school of his choice, not necessarily their choice. But you have a lot of respect for him! You and I have a different definition of "respect."

Strittmatter is an awesome human being. He let's all of his kids make their OWN choice on where to attend. Lee spelled it out for everyone with his letter. What else do you need?

Reactions: dunkej01

Ae all the guys you listed Young Guns alumni?

Same number as PSU gets from Iowa anyway. In 7 years, Cael has stuck his toe in the water on precisely 1 Iowa HS kid -- Stroker. Until Cenzo kicked his ass.

You just accused Strittmatter of taking parents' money and then steering the kids to the school of his choice, not necessarily their choice. But you have a lot of respect for him! You and I have a different definition of "respect."
No El. I do have respect for Jody and my son does as well. Not sure how well you know him. I have given him a lot of money. I am just saying he has a lot of influence over a very select few where they go...Of course the college Coach is behind this all....I will not even put an inch of what i know on this board....I am leaving this alone like i said before....

There are only a few elite guys to me you mention. Not including Gavin and Spence....Elit meaning a very good chance for National Championship within first year or two....But overall good point. Just can't get into everything. Share the wealth...lol

No El. I do have respect for Jody and my son does as well. Not sure how well you know him. I have given him a lot of money. I am just saying he has a lot of influence over a very select few where they go...Of course the college Coach is behind this all....I will not even put an inch of what i know on this board....I am leaving this alone like i said before....

Who's your son Spyker?

Spyker comes off as a guy who really thinks he is something special with privileged info. He has never seen a mirror he doesn't like to stare at no doubt.

Reactions: psualt
There are only a few elite guys to me you mention. Not including Gavin and Spence....Elit meaning a very good chance for National Championship within first year or two....But overall good point. Just can't get into everything. Share the wealth...lol
By this definition PSU has had as many or more "elite" YG alum than Iowa ... with a 5+ yr head start. Strittmatter is such an Iowa influencer that he let Cael get a 5-yr head start on Brands?

Nolf committed to PSU during his SR year, about 1-2 weeks before his official to Iowa was to happen. Was Nolf canceling his official a result of Strittmatter's influencing?

Sure. Whatever you say.

Freedy who i used to know very well is a born and raised Pa kid....Went to another club i used to go to called Renagade.....

By this definition PSU has had as many or more "elite" YG alum than Iowa ... with a 5+ yr head start. Strittmatter is such an Iowa influencer that he let Cael get a 5-yr head start on Brands?

Nolf committed to PSU during his SR year, about 1-2 weeks before his official to Iowa was to happen. Was Nolf canceling his official a result of Strittmatter's influencing?

Sure. Whatever you say.
El - If you go to the matches at rec hall we will hook up and have a good talk. You will be very surprised ! I will remind you to meet me before a match.

Jody picked Pa to set up shop for a good reason.

Yeah, because he's ****ing from here. You must know this. I assume you're being intentionally misleading. Jody also happens to be the Assistant Coach at UPJ (where he also wrestled). He "set up shop" as you say, basically in his hometown which just happens to be in the heart of the best wrestling state in the country. Where the **** else would he set up shop? New Hampshire?
I don't buy the we didn't go hard after Lee theories (and Teasdale is a stud too). We lost that round. And I personally would rather root for these kids the next 5 years than kids from Indiana. But I truly think Lee just has a different mindset and went where he was comfortable.
Jody has no culpability here and there is no collusion. If Cael wants the next Young Guns stud, my money is on him getting him.

Reactions: dunkej01
Iowa did go from getting no young guns to 4 in the last two years so obviously something has changed. I'm not going to speculate as to what that something is or claim it is because of something nefarious, but this fact is undeniable.

Yeah, because he's ****ing from here. You must know this. I assume you're being intentionally misleading. Jody also happens to be the Assistant Coach at UPJ (where he also wrestled). He "set up shop" as you say, basically in his hometown which just happens to be in the heart of the best wrestling state in the country. Where the **** else would he set up shop? New Hampshire?
I don't buy the we didn't go hard after Lee theories (and Teasdale is a stud too). We lost that round. And I personally would rather root for these kids the next 5 years than kids from Indiana. But I truly think Lee just has a different mindset and went where he was comfortable.
Jody has no culpability here and there is no collusion. If Cael wants the next Young Guns stud, my money is on him getting him.
Hometown is such a lame excuse. Next you'll be telling us Russ Hughes just coincidentally set up the Benton Tigers Wrestling Club in his hometown back when Zain was at Line Mountain Jr High.

I can't wait until our classified double-secret spy operation in Allentown starts bearing fruit, with John Hughes as a coach at the Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club. John's been running a hidden cell for about 7-8 years, about the same time as Strittmatter has been in Johnstown. Alex Nicholas is the start of something big -- John's getting us Sasso and Chlebove. He's influencing them toward his alma mater despite being a coach at Lehigh.

SMH.

Reactions: hlstone and garw
Hometown is such a lame excuse. Next you'll be telling us Russ Hughes just coincidentally set up the Benton Tigers Wrestling Club in his hometown back when Zain was at Line Mountain Jr High.

I can't wait until our classified double-secret spy operation in Allentown starts bearing fruit, with John Hughes as a coach at the Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club. John's been running a hidden cell for about 7-8 years, about the same time as Strittmatter has been in Johnstown. Alex Nicholas is the start of something big -- John's getting us Sasso and Chlebove. He's influencing them toward his alma mater despite being a coach at Lehigh.

SMH.
Very good post El....

Cenzo spent a good bit of time at Young Guns as well.

Don't forget Chishko and Zavatsky to VA Tech. Pletcher to tOSU. Headlee to UNC, Solomon to Navy. Multiple others to Duke, Bucknell, Clarion, etc.

Cenzo spent a good bit of time at Young Guns as well.

Don't forget Chishko and Zavatsky to VA Tech. Pletcher to tOSU. Headlee to UNC, Solomon to Navy. Multiple others to Duke, Bucknell, Clarion, etc.
Cenzo did not spent very much time at all at Y.G. These other guys are not in the select few either....

Reactions: papride1
We are stating to see a lot of the elite guys are no longer going to Young Guns simply because it's too expensive and they are not getting the top talent they use to get. Jody just can't be at all the different places either....They have like 5 different sites. He spends most of his time with the top 5 to 8 guys. A lot are going to other clubs now and in the future that are closer home and more affordable.

Reactions: papride1
We are stating to see a lot of the elite guys are no longer going to Young Guns simply because it's too expensive and they are not getting the top talent they use to get. Jody just can't be at all the different places either....They have like 5 different sites. He spends most of his time with the top 5 to 8 guys. A lot are going to other clubs now and in the future that are closer home and more affordable.

Or, they can just go to Beca.

Young guns as a club is doing a fantastic job developing Pennsylvania kids wrestling skills.

They aren't just making them better, they are developing them into top notch, very elite wrestlers who are college ready

Kinda silly to think some of those kids weren't eventually going to start finding their way to our rivals.

With that said, Strittmatter being a Hawkeye he has brought the idea of being a Hawk closer to home.

The Young kid told me 4 or 5 years ago that he was going to wrestle for Iowa.

Young guns as a club is doing a fantastic job developing Pennsylvania kids wrestling skills.

They aren't just making them better, they are developing them into top notch, very elite wrestlers who are college ready

Kinda silly to think some of those kids weren't eventually going to start finding their way to our rivals.

With that said, Strittmatter being a Hawkeye he has brought the idea of being a Hawk closer to home.

I agree. I have taken my own son for 6 years. I know the program very very well. Just saying it is getting very expensive and a lot of other guys are moving to other clubs closer to their homes. Young Guns is still good but there is a big drop off from 4 or 5 years ago. Jody is great but only spends the majority of his time with the top guys....If your talking about Spence who i know. He was coming to PSU up until a couple people made some things happen and he talked to a couple people. Hey we all know there are A LOT of things that go on behind the scenes with a kid like Spence....Let's leave it at that....

Remember Jody is from Pa....Graduated from Cam Heights...

Iowa did go from getting no young guns to 4 in the last two years so obviously something has changed. I'm not going to speculate as to what that something is or claim it is because of something nefarious, but this fact is undeniable.
Seems like simple math to me (9.9 scholarships and all). Iowa was bound to get some at some point. Only can take so many. Nolf/Cenzo over Kemmerer/Young all day every day. At least 2 out of 3 of Suriano, Lee, and Teasdale could've coexisted, so I do think we lost that round.
Cael seems to have taken more of a national approach of late (Hall, the two Lee kids, and the Nevills factory). Only so much money to go around. I think this strategy is risky in the long run, but Cael didn't ask me and he seems to know what he's doing.

Seems like simple math to me (9.9 scholarships and all). Iowa was bound to get some at some point. Only can take so many. Nolf/Cenzo over Kemmerer/Young all day every day. At least 2 out of 3 of Suriano, Lee, and Teasdale could've coexisted, so I do think we lost that round.
Cael seems to have taken more of a national approach of late (Hall, the two Lee kids, and the Nevills factory). Only so much money to go around. I think this strategy is risky in the long run, but Cael didn't ask me and he seems to know what he's doing.
Lol. Tang if you really think the big times programs don't find a way around the 9.9 you are way behind my brother....I will not get into the ways since it would take forever but there are a lot of ways to gets top guys in....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT