ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst celebrity your looks have been compared to

When I was younger, I was told I looked like Stallone quite frequently. My wife even said that’s why she married me. Age has taken care of that, now I just look like a grumpy, old dude.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I trust everyone recognizes that this process of identifying celebrity look-alikes is completely unscientific. If someone thinks you look like Gilbert Gottfried, it’s not likely they’ll tell you to your face. No one has ever told me I look like Famous Moviestar.

Funny story. Last year I was at a nursing home in the Bronx to deliver some requested snack food items to one of the patients I regularly visit there. Since this was in the middle of the pandemic and no outsiders were allowed to visit patients I gave the items to one of the two security people at the front desk and asked if he could get it to the patient. The security guard hands the package to one of the nurse staff to take it up to the patient's room.

Now I know that nursing home staffs are known for stealing from patients so I decided to take a seat in the lobby across from the security desk with the intention of calling up to the patients room in short order to see that the things I brought were indeed delivered. While I'm sitting there I can see the two security guards staring at me and talking back and forth as if they were debating something. Finally one of the guards says to me "Are you Tom Coughlin?" Without immediately saying yes or no I respond back saying "Do I look like Tom Coughlin?" and then ask them "Do you think he was a good coach? So they then tell me they think he was a pretty good and I say "I think he was a pretty good coach too and we start taking a little Giants football but eventually tell them no I'm not Tom Coughlin". I then make my call up to the patient's room and confirm the items were indeed delivered.

So as I'm walking toward the door to leave I put my arm up and give them a wave good by and I say to them "the next time I'm here I'll bring you an autograph football since you think he was a good coach". Then as I'm walking through the door I hear the one security guard say to the other, "See I told you that was him".

So now when I go to visit my friend and either one of those security people are staffing the sign in desk I sign in as Tom Coughlin. :>)

Funny story. Last year I was at a nursing home in the Bronx to deliver some requested snack food items to one of the patients I regularly visit there. Since this was in the middle of the pandemic and no outsiders were allowed to visit patients I gave the items to one of the two security people at the front desk and asked if he could get it to the patient. The security guard hands the package to one of the nurse staff to take it up to the patient's room.

Now I know that nursing home staffs are known for stealing from patients so I decided to take a seat in the lobby across from the security desk with the intention of calling up to the patients room in short order to see that the things I brought were indeed delivered. While I'm sitting there I can see the two security guards staring at me and talking back and forth as if they were debating something. Finally one of the guards says to me "Are you Tom Coughlin?" Without immediately saying yes or no I respond back saying "Do I look like Tom Coughlin?" and then ask them "Do you think he was a good coach? So they then tell me they think he was a pretty good and I say "I think he was a pretty good coach too and we start taking a little Giants football but eventually tell them no I'm not Tom Coughlin". I then make my call up to the patient's room and confirm the items were indeed delivered.

So as I'm walking toward the door to leave I put my arm up and give them a wave good by and I say to them "the next time I'm here I'll bring you an autograph football". Then as I'm walking through the door I hear the one security guard say to the other, "I told you that was him".

So now when I go to visit my friend and either one of those security people are staffing the sign in desk I sign in as Tom Coughlin. :>)
Who's Tom Coughlin? I just don't know..

Beaker.
tenor.gif

John Elway in his younger (just out of Stanford) years. Living in Kansas City area, I used to get a lot of double looks.

I met him in an airport bar in Dallas when our separate flights were weather delayed. I was sitting there talking with him and people were coming up and asking if I was his brother.

Reactions: brupsu
As a high school teacher I'm sure I get called many things. I first learned of "McLovin" from Breaking Bad from my students. Apparently my glasses were similar. More recently Dwight Shrute...again...spectacles to blame (I think)

Anyway, to give my own answer to the thread topic: my son has said on more than one occasion that I look like Eric Stonestreet, who played Cam on Modern Family.

I’ve been working for months now on losing weight. When I’ve lost some more, I’ll have to ask my son if the resemblance is still there.

As a teen (with very long hair) an older gent came up from behind and referred to me as "Miss." But i digress.

For some time I was akin to John Denver. Somehow later morphed into Dirty Harry (Clint)... the LE days.

Now, I gots no roots for my hair lol so i don't wanna know of any association aside from yul brynner.

But... I am repeatedly reminded my voice is exactly like alan alda (or some say frank gifford...go figure) and i should be doing voiceovers... and the sweet young lady packing my stuff at publix today said i looked like an action hero and should be making movies (just my luck, thanx to covid actors aren't making zillions anymore haha).

I'm 65... i'll take it lol.

So... John Denver it is.

I was carded a few years back by a woman who confessed she thought I was Charlie Sheen and wanted to find out. Kind of think she was nuts but.............Have a hippy friend whom is THE hairiest person I know by a long shot. He had to shave a ring down to his shirt. Had long hair, odd looking dude. One day he cut his hair short, shaved and was the splitting image of George Cloony !

In college, I was told by a very drunk, kind of homeless type dude at 3 am in a pizza joint on the Penn Campus that I looked a little like a guy he went to high school with. West Philadelphia HS. “He was a Jewish guy - a comedian”. I racked my brain as he kept at it. Then it dawned on me and a feeling of dread came over me - “oh, you mean David Brenner?”

“Yeah man! David Brenner. Funny ass guy”. He was a funny dude, but not exactly the look I’m going for.

Also, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits and Ray Romano

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT