ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst celebrity your looks have been compared to

wbcincy

Apr 4, 2003
Columbus
Took my son to a trampoline park birthday party today (unmasked and indoors, crazy how odd it seemed, like I was smoking in the bathroom in high school).

Anyway, the father of one of his friends is talking to me on and off. Eventually he walks over and says "I'm sure you've heard this before, but you look a lot like Stanley Kubrick."

No man...no I haven't gotten that before. But I am going to make a lot of changes in my life tomorrow.

Took my son to a trampoline park birthday party today (unmasked and indoors, crazy how odd it seemed, like I was smoking in the bathroom in high school).

Anyway, the father of one of his friends is talking to me on and off. Eventually he walks over and says "I'm sure you've heard this before, but you look a lot like Stanley Kubrick."

No man...no I haven't gotten that before. But I am going to make a lot of changes in my life tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, wbcincy. Kubrick was one ugly dude! 🙂

Reactions: wbcincy
when I was in my 20s random people used to tell me i looked like Tony Hawk, the skateboarder. Like people who I didn't know would come up to me and say "hey man, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Tony Hawk?". And I'd be like "yeah man, they have, and I'm not him. and I don't know you." I didn't really care, except that these people were usually kind of weird. But I guess there was a resemblance. I never really knew anything about him. As I got older and my hair turned gray, I stopped hearing it.
Whenever we (my family) leave skid marks in the toilet, we say we Tony Hawked the toilet. Yes, we are a sick family.

OK guys...can't pass this up. Clint Eastwood (before he fell on hard times age-wise ), Charlton Heston (before Alzheimers), and a late nite host whose re-runs are still on (Dick Cavett).

Reactions: N&B4PSU and wbcincy
Many years ago I was in LA for a friend’s wedding. Twice on that trip I was asked if I was Bill Pullman, including one request for his autograph (for which I happily obliged). Bill and I are not exact doppelgängers, but I suppose we’re in the same ballpark. Not sure if he lived around where I was staying, but it kinda felt like his out and about presence was not an uncommon thing for the locals. This was around the time when Independence Day was in the theaters, so it was kinda the peak of his otherwise inauspicious career.

Pierre McGuire

Many years ago I was in LA for a friend’s wedding. Twice on that trip I was asked if I was Bill Pullman, including one request for his autograph (for which I happily obliged). Bill and I are not exact doppelgängers, but I suppose we’re in the same ballpark. Not sure if he lived around where I was staying, but it kinda felt like his out and about presence was not an uncommon thing for the locals. This was around the time when Independence Day was in the theaters, so it was kinda the peak of his otherwise inauspicious career.
Love Bill Pullman, can i have your autograph?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Alec Baldwin

giphy.gif

He certainly wasn’t a celeb and I didn’t see the actual movie he was known for until about 5 years after it came out, but I heard this one from people in High School when the movie was released, then a few more total strangers in college 4-5 years later. It was the guy who was Brooke Shields’ love interest in “Endless Love.” The guy who starts the fire and gets put in the Psych Hospital after doing so. Idk if he was ever in anything else. Last name is Hewitt. Wouldn’t have minded doing some of those scenes with a young Brooke though!!

The worst? My high school girlfriend’s mother said I looked like John Candelaria, then a pitcher for the Pirates. She never liked me! 😂
Someone else once said I looked like Bart Braverman, the actor who played Binzer on the old Vegas TV show starring Robert Urich.

Those were the two worst. On the flip side, one morning in my early 20s I was in the lobby of a high-rise office building in midtown Manhattan, waiting for the elevator to take me up to my office. An attractive young lady was staring at me, to the extent that I approached her and asked if I could help her. She then said, “Are you who I think you are?” The conversation went back and forth a bit, until I finally boarded the elevator to start my workday. She may still be retelling this herself, convinced she met a fan-shy Scott Baio in an office building lobby in 1983. 😀

I have only ever been told by one person that I looked like any celebrity. A friend of a friend told me about 15 years ago that I looked like Brett Favre. I didn't see it, but I was a white guy with a beard and it was coming from a black member of the LGBTQ community. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Early on I was regularly stopped in the subway and told I looked like Robert Chambers.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT