ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Again, an oversimplification.

When this started, the govt had a goal of 70% vaccinations of adults. That changed. Why? WTF knows. Secondly, lots of people that didn't get vaxxed did so because of comorbidity that disallowed them to get vaxxed. For example, tons of older people were considered too frail to be vaxxed as the side effect of the vax could kill them. Add to that the "great resignation" resulting from the lockdowns and health care workers being fired from healthcare facilities, it is not a wonder they are "filling up".
The government has learned lots as have they scientists and medical community since all of this happened. It’s kind of like a living document. Selecting a snapshot in time and using that as gospel for the duration of the event makes those that do it look stupid. Anybody can cherry pick data.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
The government has learned lots as have they scientists and medical community since all of this happened. It’s kind of like a living document. Selecting a snapshot in time and using that as gospel for the duration of the event makes those that do it look stupid. Anybody can cherry pick data.
It's fluid and either you understand that or you don't. Some do understand it, but they need to pretend to be confused on the matter....I think you know who I'm alluding to. Just like cancer research continues to find things out, but apparently we should stop learning or stop publishing what we learn just so idiots can create their talking points.

Reactions: tgar
the stats show that very few people age 40 are dying of covid. Nationally, 34,300 have died from COVID nationally in almost three years for people between 40 and 50. For 30 and 40, it is 14,140. These are both well under 1% of those testing positive.
Hey man, we have had between the two counties I mentioned numerous 40 year olds boot swirl and leave behind children. Sure, 34,000 may not seem all that large until you start to consider all the misery and devastation it caused when it could have been prevented.

Thoughts and prayers for them!

Sorry it is a FACT! Not sure what the hell you read but might want to start doing your own research.
Unless you are an MD/PhD you are not "doing your own research". You are reading about research others have done.

Please show me the peer reviewed papers that support what you are saying. Not newspaper articles, not blogs, not message boards, not cable news clips. Peer reviewed research papers. That is what everyone should be basing any reading they do on.

If you cannot understand the original source papers, you can read the CDC guidance. They have distilled it down to layperson's terms for you.

If so, you've just given them the opportunity to be wrong with no accountability. OK, the fact still is that few are dying under the age of 49 and almost none under the age of 18. That the CDC and NIH actively moved to quell voices that have since been proven correct. And that more people have died in the USA since the release of the vaccine than before. These are all facts.

Reactions: blmr31
It's fluid and either you understand that or you don't. Some do understand it, but they need to pretend to be confused on the matter....I think you know who I'm alluding to. Just like cancer research continues to find things out, but apparently we should stop learning or publish what we learn just so idiots can create their talking points.
I do appreciate the fact that some of them are as callous as I am toward their dead unvaxxed brethren. It’s only 34,000. LOL.

• Wow
Hey man, we have had between the two counties I mentioned numerous 40 year olds boot swirl and leave behind children. Sure, 34,000 may not seem all that large until you start to consider all the misery and devastation it caused when it could have been prevented.

Thoughts and prayers for them!
Of course...but you don't plan public policy on anecdotal evidence. You craft public policy on facts based on the overall good or bad. I can post stories of people that died or had major health problems after being vaxxed as well. All are anecdotal.

Reactions: blmr31
I do appreciate the fact that some of them are as callous as I am toward their dead unvaxxed brethren. It’s only 34,000. LOL.
I know a guy that died in an airplane accident. Should we ban airplanes? Use your head, man.

• Haha
depends on how you define "works". Does it stop the virus--that answer is a BIG NO- does it reduce "SOME" hospitalizations and deaths? I mean if in PA 30% of all deaths were vaxxed in September and 75% of all deaths in the UK are vaxxed. I'd say they don't work well, is that better then "they don't work" . If most people like at a minimum 75% of all people never knew they had covid before vaccines- and now they are still getting it and spreading it I'd say that how much more proof do you need that they don't work?
So if an airbag prevents 50% of deaths in a head on collision (hypothetical stat) your argument would be that airbags don't work so we shouldn't have them on our cars?

If the vaccine is reducing deaths or hospitalizations or even just reducing the severity of illness for most people, then it F****** works. Full stop.

Reactions: scottpsurules
I agree but it is simplistic. Vaccines certainly introduce a risk. In this case, if you are over 50 or have a comorbidity it is a no-brainer. But if you are a healthy 17 year old that risk equation changes. Taking the shot gets you, medically, nothing. And it may introduce other risks. So if the govt came back and said "take the shot if you are over 50. If you are between 30 and 50 we recommend it. If you are under 30 it is your choice based on your personal profile." That would have been much more realistic.

The bottom line to me, though, is Fauci and Collins (CDC and NIH respectively) working to shame anyone who disagreed was horrible. It showed that they had something to hide (or certainly looked like it). If you haven't read those emails, it is pretty shocking.
The risks from getting the vaccine are incredibly small. Like if you drive to the clinic that is much riskier than actually getting the shot.

The risks from getting the vaccine are incredibly small. Like if you drive to the clinic that is much riskier than actually getting the shot.
I agree...now run that equation for people under the age of 30.

Age doesn't matter in terms of risk from the vaccine. You can argue that they are getting fewer benefits (maybe) but the risks are not greater.
again...simply isn't true. lots of older people have been instructed to NOT get vaxxed because they were frail enough that they might not survive the side effects. For younger people, while the risk may not have gone up, the risk of COVID is so low, the risk of the vax may be higher than the risk of COVID.

And we have no idea of the long term effects of mRNA.

Reactions: Ski
again...simply isn't true. lots of older people have been instructed to NOT get vaxxed because they were frail enough that they might not survive the side effects. For younger people, while the risk may not have gone up, the risk of COVID is so low, the risk of the vax may be higher than the risk of COVID.

So by lots you mean 60-70% of the population above 65? Or about .002%? Just looking for some right numbers. Can you link these numbers and studies?

again...simply isn't true. lots of older people have been instructed to NOT get vaxxed because they were frail enough that they might not survive the side effects.
This is not age effects, this is other existing conditions (which could co-vary with age but not necessarily). The number of people this effects is relatively small compared to the total population. Obviously if your licensed personal physician (MD) advises you not to get the vaccine, please listen to them.
For younger people, while the risk may not have gone up, the risk of COVID is so low, the risk of the vax may be higher than the risk of COVID.
Now you are talking about cost-benefit, which is different than only talking about risk (which is what I was doing). If they risk is extremely low and you *might* be getting a benefit (either for yourself or for others), wouldn't the cost benefit calculation push you towards getting the vaccine?
I'm assuming you mean mRNA vaccines (mRNA has always existed in our bodies and is obviously perfectly safe). We have no idea of the long term effects of any new treatment. But there is no science to suggest that there is any danger from mRNA based vaccines, nor is there any proposed mechanism by which they would be unsafe.

This is not age effects, this is other existing conditions (which could co-vary with age but not necessarily). The number of people this effects is relatively small compared to the total population. Obviously if your licensed personal physician (MD) advises you not to get the vaccine, please listen to them.

Now you are talking about cost-benefit, which is different than only talking about risk (which is what I was doing). If they risk is extremely low and you *might* be getting a benefit (either for yourself or for others), wouldn't the cost benefit calculation push you towards getting the vaccine?

I'm assuming you mean mRNA vaccines (mRNA has always existed in our bodies and is obviously perfectly safe). We have no idea of the long term effects of any new treatment. But there is no science to suggest that there is any danger from mRNA based vaccines, nor is there any proposed mechanism by which they would be unsafe.
all of that is to say "we don't know". I am OK with that. Why introduce a risk when you are a healthy 35 year old or younger and have statistically none with COVID? I am not taking aspirin every day because I might get a headache someday.

Reactions: tlbakernc
all of that is to say "we don't know". I am OK with that. Why introduce a risk when you are a healthy 35 year old or younger and have statistically none with COVID? I am not taking aspirin every day because I might get a headache someday.
Because statistically the risk from covid (even when young when the risk is smaller) is still larger than the risk from the vaccine.

Because statistically the risk from covid (even when young when the risk is smaller) is still larger than the risk from the vaccine.
if you've got those stats, let me know. Both are statistically zero, as far as we are now led to believe. But we do not know what the effects of the Vax may be in the future.

if you've got those stats, let me know. Both are statistically zero, as far as we are now led to believe. But we do not know what the effects of the Vax may be in the future.
It's just so odd how the actual Doctors in this country and around the entire globe disagree with you almost wholesale. Silly Doctors.

Last edited:

A while ago you posted a thread about your attempt to lose weight by using some sort of detox. Why did you try to lose weight? To improve your health and reduce your odds of getting cancer and heart conditions, right? Have you followed through and achieved your perfect weight?

Your odds of dying of cancer or heart disease are similar to those of Covid, so why did try to lose weight for possible issues where the odds are "statistically zero"? Why are you worrying about odds in one situation but dismissing similar odds for the other? How do you know that just getting covid doesn't have unknown long-term future issues?

The ole 99.9x% arguments being thrown around are just silly or at least inconsistent.

A while ago you posted a thread about your attempt to lose weight by using some sort of detox. Why did you try to lose weight? To improve your health and reduce your odds of getting cancer and heart conditions, right? Have you followed through and achieved your perfect weight?

Your odds of dying of cancer or heart disease are similar to those of Covid, so why did try to lose weight for possible issues where the odds are "statistically zero"? Why are you worrying about odds in one situation but dismissing similar odds for the other? How do you know that just getting covid doesn't have unknown long-term future issues?

The ole 99.9x% arguments being thrown around are just silly or at least inconsistent.
You cannot read

if you've got those stats, let me know.
We do actually. For Pfizer, the chance of a serious reaction in young people is 0.00126%

Both are statistically zero, as far as we are now led to believe. But we do not know what the effects of the Vax may be in the future.
You don't know what the effect of 5G networks will be in the future either (but there is no mechanistic hypothesis that there will be a problem -- same as mRNA).

Even if you don't trust mRNA (you should), J&J is an option. That is an "old school" vaccine (adenovirus).

Reactions: MacNit07
We do actually. For Pfizer, the chance of a serious reaction in young people is 0.00126%

You don't know what the effect of 5G networks will be in the future either (but there is no mechanistic hypothesis that there will be a problem -- same as mRNA).

Even if you don't trust mRNA (you should), J&J is an option. That is an "old school" vaccine (adenovirus).
Yeah. I believe Pfizer. But that is just about the same mortality rate as a healthy person under the age of 49

Last edited:
Yes, but at lower rates than unvaccinated people.

I'm not going back through 162 pages to look for your one reference that supports this. You can provide it or not. I'm guessing not.

Glad you got yours. Sorry about your friend. Agreed that was a bad decision on his part.

Agreed on these points, although we may differ about what the "misinformation" is and who is lying and screwing up.
Ha! There are lots of posts from many top institutions throughout the thread, especially the thread on research that I bumped up just for you.

That is still high than the mortality rate of healthy young people and we haven’t even started with long term affects
There is no reason to expect long term effect.

Mortality is not the only downside to covid.

Ha! There are lots of posts from many top institutions throughout the thread, especially the thread on research that I bumped up just for you.
Please cite a few. I'm not sifting through dozens of pages of nonsense to find any hidden gems.

Again, we are talking about peer reviewed papers. I'd be happy to read anything you cite with an open mind.

Please cite a few. I'm not sifting through dozens of pages of nonsense to find any hidden gems.

Again, we are talking about peer reviewed papers. I'd be happy to read anything you cite with an open mind.
You wouldn't know an open mind if it bit you in the ass, Mr. Scientist.

There is no reason to expect long term effect.

Mortality is not the only downside to covid.
‘No reason’? You mean no known reason, today. Just like there is no reason to get the jab if you are young and healthy.

You are the problem with western medicine. You always want a magic pill. Eat right, work out, take resale precautions.

‘No reason’? You mean no known reason, today. Just like there is no reason to get the jab if you are young and healthy.

You are the problem with western medicine. You always want a magic pill. Eat right, work out, take resale precautions.
There absolutely is a reason to get a jab if you are young and healthy. It increases your immune system response and could mean the difference between being asymptomatic (or feeling like you have a slight cold) versus being in bed for two weeks.

Your "no reason today" suggests that you think all science is empirical. With no known mechanism for mRNA vaccines to cause long term issues, there is no theoretical reason for long term concern.

There absolutely is a reason to get a jab if you are young and healthy. It increases your immune system response and could mean the difference between being asymptomatic (or feeling like you have a slight cold) versus being in bed for two weeks.

Your "no reason today" suggests that you think all science is empirical. With no known mechanism for mRNA vaccines to cause long term issues, there is no theoretical reason for long term concern.
no, it doesn't. non of the studies show that. they say it does but it does not, if you look at the statistics. I don't believe a word they say and you shouldn't either. The stats simply do NOT support your position for young healthy people. There are zero stats or reasons why a young healthy person should be vaccinated.

Reactions: john4psu
no, it doesn't. non of the studies show that. they say it does but it does not, if you look at the statistics. I don't believe a word they say and you shouldn't either. The stats simply do NOT support your position for young healthy people. There are zero stats or reasons why a young healthy person should be vaccinated.
I'd be interested if you would describe the mechanism by which mRNA could cause long term issues; or provide a link which describes it. Thanks.

Can you please link me to the studies that you think disprove what I said?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT