ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

There are around 200,000,000 people in that age group in the USA. the mortality rate is .0275%. That is .000275 out of 100 people. That is also known as statistically zero. And I am willing to bet the majority of those had comorbidities.

Second, measure that against the rise in addictions + the normal flu. Yet, we still don't know the long-term effects of the vaccine (two studies looking into fertility issues; one for men and one for women).

third, we've seen huge changes in policy in terms of masks (suddenly, cloth doesn't work), distancing (6 feet to 3) and quarantine period (10 to 5 days). In addition to that, we know no (after being lied to) that the USA did fund gain of function research. And perhaps most perplexing, we now know that it is highly possible the virus came from a lab when people were deleted and shamed for suggesting such.

And to the "reducing symptoms", maybe and maybe not. There are no statistics available because "severity of flu" isn't tracked. You only have four accurate buckets: those that are not positive, those that are positive, those that are positive and hospitalized, and those that were positive and died.

Lastly, after a full year of vaccinations, more people died who were COVID positive in 2021 than in 2020. Isn't that strange? (BTW, they are no changing the definition of mortality from "Died from COVID" to "Died with COVID" meaning if someone died of a different ailment (say, a motorcycle accident) and were COVID positive, they were listed as a COVID mortality in many, of not most, cases.

And I haven't even mentioned the whole Dr. Suess "one shot, two shot," "three shot, four shot" thing.
GREAT MINDS, OBL!!

Right about what? 55,000 Americans under the age of 49 have died from COVID and hundreds of thousands have long term health effects from long COVID. The vaccines greatly reduce the likelihood of death and reduce symptoms- what do you still not understand?
Anti vaxxers do not see how many of their own are dying. Do you think his social media feed let's him see that and he's still making those comments? I think it's around 96% of the Doctors in the US are vaccinated, they are telling people to get vaccinated, and he's still here saying this stuff. Just imagine the level of arrogance to make these statements. Yeah...I'll go with the 4%. I guess these MD's are all over 45, obese, and have no other information to make their decisions. It's a money thing for them and they are out to pray on everyone as big Pharma pays them. Then you have the folks who know better, got vaxxed, but still argue against it because they are towing some party line. I cannot imagine being that conflicted so much so that you have to lie to yourself, get the jab, and they say they don't help. I don't know who many shots were jabbed into my arm in bootcamp, but apparently I should be dead or I hate freedom.

Last edited:
GREAT MINDS, OBL!!
Agreed. I am certainly NOT saying that the vaccines don't help. But I am saying that there isn't a lot of evidence to say that it has. Right now, we are very infected and despite having vaccines in 2021, have more deaths than in 2020 when we had none. With all, we "learned" and put into place with distancing, masks, plastic walls, washing, disinfecting, locking down, working from home, etc. the statistics are just as bad if not worse.

Ten years from now, experts will say that we should have "lowered the curve" with a 15-day lockdown and then lived with it after taking much more extraordinary precautions to protect old, sick and frail people. I have to say that science, the CDC and NIH, failed us.

• Haha
Reactions: bytir and tgar
I love the anecdotal post above that @tlbakernc put out there as if we all don't have some anecdotal info of our own. My best friends wife has been in the ICU for years, gets her PHD in 3 months, is my daughters godmother, and says the sh!t is very real as she had pull the tube out of a 36 year old friend and watch him die because he didn't get the jab a year ago. Then my sister who has been a nurse for 30 years now is a Q nut who refuses to get it and told me 45,000 died while getting the first dose. Easily debunked, but you get the fake news conspiracy BS that those nutjobs love to use. So I'm pretty GD aware of that nutjobs exist in that field. Yet everyone else in my family knows she is coocoo and all got the jab. In fact we all stated she is not allowed to talk to our physicians when and if something would occur to us. We have kids friends who parents are both Physicians and yes....Covid is real according to them too.

It's funny how bothered people are when they are told they really aren't qualified. Hell you can also get 2nd and 3rd opinions if you don't trust your own Doctors. No harm in it at all. Only here in the echo chamber do people get upset by someone saying.....talk to a real physician.

giphy.gif
Love how you refer to my post as “anecdotal”. The people and situation I describe in my post have been personally witnessed.

Fauci has backtracked so many times you cannot blame people for lack of trust. Wear one mask, wear 2 masks, no wait wear 3 masks. If you’re vaccinated you can’t get or spread Covid. Oh wait, vaccinated can get and spread Covid. I could go on but I’ve learned long ago not to debate narrow minded egotistical people.

By the way I’m not anti vaccination.

Love how you refer to my post as “anecdotal”. The people and situation I describe in my post have been personally witnessed.

Fauci has backtracked so many times you cannot blame people for lack of trust. Wear one mask, wear 2 masks, no wait wear 3 masks. If you’re vaccinated you can’t get or spread Covid. Oh wait, vaccinated can get and spread Covid. I could go on but I’ve learned long ago not to debate narrow minded egotistical people.

By the way I’m not anti vaccination.
As were mine. They are real people in my life, but their experiences will vary from others....hence they are anecdotal in the grand scheme of things. I know Fauci is the devil....we get it. Basically what you're saying is they didn't have all of the answers, still don't, so don't trust the medical field at all.....got it. The people that still bring up Fauci when you state talk to your own Doctor shows how tone def some people really are. You sound like you could be Tucker's puppet with the misinformation about spreading with the vaccine in your one post.....it's been know for a while you can still get it and spread it, but it alleviates the symptoms and doesn't overwhelm the hospitals and ICU's. That is where we are at currently unless you think that too is just made up. You're not anti-vax, but spread their misinformation still....gee I wonder why? So you're upset I say listen to your Doc or that I'm not anti-vaccine, or that I say listen to those MD's in the field you do trust.......or you have no legit grip and are towing some line.

60f698c29addaf00191eaea3

Last edited:
As were mine. They are real people in my life, but their experiences will vary from others....hence they are anecdotal in the grand scheme of things. I know Fauci is the devil....we get it. Basically what you're saying is they didn't have all of the answers, still don't, so don't trust the medical field at all.....got it. The people that still bring up Fauci when you state talk to your own Doctor shows how tone def some people really are. You sound like you could be Tucker's puppet with the misinformation about spreading with the vaccine in your one post.....it's been know for a while you can still get it and spread it, but it alleviates the symptoms and doesn't overwhelm the hospitals and ICU's. That is where we are at currently unless you think that too is just made up. You're not anti-vax, but spread their misinformation still....gee I wonder why? So you're upset I say listen to your Doc or that I'm not anti-vaccine, or that I say listen to those MD's in the field you do trust.......or you have no legit grip and are towing some line.

60f698c29addaf00191eaea3
Acutally it doesn't alleviate symptoms as MOST people never get more then a mild case to begin with. And for months the UK has proven the belief that vaxxed don't get seriously sick as completely false. But glad your side is finally coming to terms that you can get and spread it while vaxxed. Thereby making the vax USELESS for most people. Thanks for proving the vax isn't needed!

Interesting anecdotal story. A guy I know (used to be my friend but we had a falling out a year plus ago) got Covid in early December. He is hardcore right wing guy and he and his wife are anti-vax. Not just anti Covid vax, but anti-vax of all kinds. Obviously he was not vaxxed. He is early 50's and healthy and in good shape, no co-morbidities. Long story short, ended up in the hospital for 17 days with Covid, on oxygen and at one point in really bad shape. Came out of it and got back to home on Xmas eve finally. When I heard about it over the Holidays it was sort of shocking and morbidly funny in the fact this guy was so anti-vax and told everybody about it and basically said you were dumb to be getting it, so not somebody that didn't get it and was telling other people do whaever you want, but actively telling people they were stupid to get vaccinated. And he ended up near death from Covid. I have not talked to him since he got out, interested to hear if he has changed his thinking at all.

Interesting anecdotal story. A guy I know (used to be my friend but we had a falling out a year plus ago) got Covid in early December. He is hardcore right wing guy and he and his wife are anti-vax. Not just anti Covid vax, but anti-vax of all kinds. Obviously he was not vaxxed. He is early 50's and healthy and in good shape, no co-morbidities. Long story short, ended up in the hospital for 17 days with Covid, on oxygen and at one point in really bad shape. Came out of it and got back to home on Xmas eve finally. When I heard about it over the Holidays it was sort of shocking and morbidly funny in the fact this guy was so anti-vax and told everybody about it and basically said you were dumb to be getting it, so not somebody that didn't get it and was telling other people do whaever you want, but actively telling people they were stupid to get vaccinated. And he ended up near death from Covid. I have not talked to him since he got out, interested to hear if he has changed his thinking at all.
Not an uncommon story unfortunately. A friend’s father from Dubois fits this profile but unfortunately didn’t make it. These stories and their social media feeds have become known as Herman Cain Awards.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Not an uncommon story unfortunately. A friend’s father from Dubois fits this profile but unfortunately didn’t make it. These stories and their social media feeds have become known as Herman Cain Awards.

Lets all yuck it up about people dying. And ignore that the anti vax movement started in the liberal hell hole of the West Coast and was embraced by more libs on the East Coast. Let’s call it the Jenny McArthy Trophy.

Lets all yuck it up about people dying. And ignore that the anti vax movement started in the liberal hell hole of the West Coast and was embraced by more libs on the East Coast. Let’s call it the Jenny McArthy Trophy.
Wrong as usual. The anti-vax movement took hold in GOP bastion Orange County - driven by “I have God-given immune system” nuts. And even if liberal cranks like Jenny McCarthy were part of that movement, do you really think people like WTP are anti-vax because of her stupid autism stance ten years ago?

As a departure from anecdotal evidence, according to data being reported from New York on January 3rd, unvaccinated New Yorkers are 6 times more likely to be infected than vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization for the unvaccinated is 14 times higher than for the vaccinated.

I'm not a doctor or statistician so I can't comment on what this really means but for those interested it might be something to consider in the evaluation of their respective viewpoints.

Wrong as usual. The anti-vax movement took hold in GOP bastion Orange County - driven by “I have God-given immune system” nuts. And even if liberal cranks like Jenny McCarthy were part of that movement, do you really think people like WTP are anti-vax because of her stupid autism stance ten years ago?
Sorry...my bad. Guess it pretty dumb of me to think that 10-15 years of wide spread anti vax messaging had any affect. Thanks for helping me out.

Reactions: bison13
that isn't correct at all....that is the media narrative that is anti-trump. Which makes no sense at all because Trump ran on the "I invented the vaccine" card. The majority are ethnic Americans.

Reactions: bison13
There is NO OTHER SIDE of the argument for kids. I know you people are too blind to understand this KIDS DON'T GET SICK FROM COVID(minus underlying conditions). This is such a slam dunk its hard to imagine how brain washed you've all become. Facts are facts and there is NO FACT that says kids need vaxxed.
Kids also don't get sick from getting the vaccine, so if there is any chance that it helps kids not transmit it to grandma, why not do it?

The problem is there are top quality doctors from major universities that disagree with the CDC on many things including who should be vaxxed. It is not a closed discussion. And it has been made worse by distortions, lies, mismanagement, and distortions by both sides including Fauci and the CDC.

Credibility is shot. And in a country based on disdain for big government you get what we have.....
Can you please share some links to peer reviewed papers by these "top quality doctors from major universities"?

Kids also don't get sick from getting the vaccine, so if there is any chance that it helps kids not transmit it to grandma, why not do it?
That isn't correct. They do get sick but are more likely to be nonsymptomatic. And the CDC has stated, repeatedly (that is why everyone is supposed to wear masks) that nonsymptomatic people can infect others as easily as symptomatic.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Vaccinated people still get it, still produce the viruses, still spread it so protecting grandma is a weak argument.
Can you please share some links to peer reviewed papers by these "top quality doctors from major universities"?
Go back through this thread. Or the thread on research. Been discussed multiple times.

I am not anti vax. Have been vaccinated. Encourage others to get it. Have a friend that refused it and has been very ill, on oxygen at home, for several weeks. Pretty dumb to not have gotten it.

But I am against misinformation, distortions, covering up lies and screwups, ignoring other options.

That isn't correct. They do get sick but are more likely to be nonsymptomatic. And the CDC has stated, repeatedly (that is why everyone is supposed to wear masks) that nonsymptomatic people can infect others as easily as symptomatic.
I'm not sure you read my post correctly (or perhaps you were replying to someone else and quoted me by accident), but perhaps I didn't phrase it well (I think we are saying the same things).

Reactions: Obliviax
Vaccinated people still get it, still produce the viruses, still spread it so protecting grandma is a weak argument.
Yes, but at lower rates than unvaccinated people.
Go back through this thread. Or the thread on research. Been discussed multiple times.
I'm not going back through 162 pages to look for your one reference that supports this. You can provide it or not. I'm guessing not.
I am not anti vax. Have been vaccinated. Encourage others to get it. Have a friend that refused it and has been very ill, on oxygen at home, for several weeks. Pretty dumb to not have gotten it.
Glad you got yours. Sorry about your friend. Agreed that was a bad decision on his part.
But I am against misinformation, distortions, covering up lies and screwups, ignoring other options.
Agreed on these points, although we may differ about what the "misinformation" is and who is lying and screwing up.

Thanks for the summary.

Not shooting the messenger here, but "not as effective as hoped" is not the same thing as "ineffective".
True. People who are saying the vaccine is ineffective I think are no different than the group saying the vaccine is our savior. Both on the far ends. Vaccine is effective in reducing the chance of severe illness/death. I believe that and I think the data proves it out. The vaccine against the Alpha variant was great, stopped infection in most people and if no more variants of Covid ever mutated and Alpha variant was the only one, we wouldn't even be talking on this thread as Covid would be done with (look at the numbers in early June). But with mutation and new variants, the vaccine is not stopping infection or transmission. And how effective is the vaccine against severe illness is tough to quantify exactly as there is no real good data that has been crunched that shows it. And with lack of information, people can make things up on either end of the spectrum to suit their talking points and that is what is happening now.

Because they do get sick from the vaccine and it does NOTHING to stop the spread. Why would anyone put something in a kids body that DOES NOTHING!

True. People who are saying the vaccine is ineffective I think are no different than the group saying the vaccine is our savior. Both on the far ends. Vaccine is effective in reducing the chance of severe illness/death. I believe that and I think the data proves it out. The vaccine against the Alpha variant was great, stopped infection in most people and if no more variants of Covid ever mutated and Alpha variant was the only one, we wouldn't even be talking on this thread as Covid would be done with (look at the numbers in early June). But with mutation and new variants, the vaccine is not stopping infection or transmission. And how effective is the vaccine against severe illness is tough to quantify exactly as there is no real good data that has been crunched that shows it. And with lack of information, people can make things up on either end of the spectrum to suit their talking points and that is what is happening now.
The problem is it never treated alpha-for the record I think they do very little. But I've always said if youre in the vulnerable population take it. At that point it can't hurt. But with the proof that it does nothing to stop the spread there is no benefit to most of the population. The dirty secret is they've known since July it didn't stop the spread...just need to look at the UK numbers but they continued to push a false narrative- one that Brandon continues to push today.

Reactions: Ski and blmr31
This is well stated. Covid isn't ever (likely) going away. Vaccines are an important tool to allow us to live with it. Treatments (as they develop) will also be an important tool.

But to those who say "vaccines don't work" -- that's just scientifically and medically not true.

The problem is it never treated alpha-for the record I think they do very little. But I've always said if youre in the vulnerable population take it. At that point it can't hurt. But with the proof that it does nothing to stop the spread there is no benefit to most of the population. The dirty secret is they've known since July it didn't stop the spread...just need to look at the UK numbers but they continued to push a false narrative- one that Brandon continues to push today.
Does nothing except for all those vaccinated folks here in Centre county not filling up MNHC unlike all the unvaxxed folks. Same goes for Cole Memorial in Coudersport where at least the rate of death is significantly higher as the herd thins itself.

Sure it can spread and most vaxxed folks have a mild or asymptomatic response. Those unvaxxed 40, 50, and 60 year olds swirling and booting and leaving behind kids needlessly and selfishly, well, **** them.

This is well stated. Covid isn't ever (likely) going away. Vaccines are an important tool to allow us to live with it. Treatments (as they develop) will also be an important tool.

But to those who say "vaccines don't work" -- that's just scientifically and medically not true.
depends on how you define "works". Does it stop the virus--that answer is a BIG NO- does it reduce "SOME" hospitalizations and deaths? I mean if in PA 30% of all deaths were vaxxed in September and 75% of all deaths in the UK are vaxxed. I'd say they don't work well, is that better then "they don't work" . If most people like at a minimum 75% of all people never knew they had covid before vaccines- and now they are still getting it and spreading it I'd say that how much more proof do you need that they don't work?

Does nothing except for all those vaccinated folks here in Centre county not filling up MNHC unlike all the unvaxxed folks. Same goes for Cole Memorial in Coudersport where at least the rate of death is significantly higher as the herd thins itself.

Sure it can spread and most vaxxed folks have a mild or asymptomatic response. Those 40, 50, and 60 year olds swirling and booting and leaving behind kids needlessly and selfishly, well, **** them.
Umm most unvaxxed people are mild or asympltomatic. Not sure how no one understands that. There are a ton of vaxxed people in the hospitals and dying.

I agree but it is simplistic. Vaccines certainly introduce a risk. In this case, if you are over 50 or have a comorbidity it is a no-brainer. But if you are a healthy 17 year old that risk equation changes. Taking the shot gets you, medically, nothing. And it may introduce other risks. So if the govt came back and said "take the shot if you are over 50. If you are between 30 and 50 we recommend it. If you are under 30 it is your choice based on your personal profile." That would have been much more realistic.

The bottom line to me, though, is Fauci and Collins (CDC and NIH respectively) working to shame anyone who disagreed was horrible. It showed that they had something to hide (or certainly looked like it). If you haven't read those emails, it is pretty shocking.

depends on how you define "works". Does it stop the virus--that answer is a BIG NO- does it reduce "SOME" hospitalizations and deaths? I mean if in PA 30% of all deaths were vaxxed in September and 75% of all deaths in the UK are vaxxed. I'd say they don't work well, is that better then "they don't work" . If most people like at a minimum 75% of all people never knew they had covid before vaccines- and now they are still getting it and spreading it I'd say that how much more proof do you need that they don't work?
You should focus on admitted hospital patients that are vaxxed versus unvaxxed. Try that. Quit making shit up.

Umm most unvaxxed people are mild or asympltomatic. Not sure how no one understands that. There are a ton of vaxxed people in the hospitals and dying.
A ton? , rhe two hospitals I am very familiar with if they are admitted or dying and vaxxed, they are also very old and have a myriad of complications. Those 40 year olds leaving behind 3 kids that are unvaxxed only suffered from being stupid.

the overwhelming population of Covid cases in both hospitals are unvaxxed mouth breathers.

You should focus on admitted hospital patients that are vaxxed versus unvaxxed. Try that. Quit making shit up.
There is nothing I've ever made up. Don't be so dumb and do some research--Its on the PA Covid Dashboard. ANd the UK surveillance report. Both are government numbers. MIC DROP

Reactions: blmr31

Sure it can spread and most vaxxed folks have a mild or asymptomatic response. Those unvaxxed 40, 50, and 60 year olds swirling and booting and leaving behind kids needlessly and selfishly, well, **** them.
Again, an oversimplification.

When this started, the govt had a goal of 70% vaccinations of adults. That changed. Why? WTF knows. Secondly, lots of people that didn't get vaxxed did so because of comorbidity that disallowed them to get vaxxed. For example, tons of older people were considered too frail to be vaxxed as the side effect of the vax could kill them. Add to that the "great resignation" resulting from the lockdowns and health care workers being fired from healthcare facilities, it is not a wonder they are "filling up".

A ton? , rhe two hospitals I am very familiar with if they are admitted or dying and vaxxed, they are also very old and have a myriad of complications. Those 40 year olds leaving behind 3 kids that are unvaxxed only suffered from being stupid.

the overwhelming population of Covid cases in both hospitals are unvaxxed mouth breathers.
Sorry not true--stop making shit up. Just because a media report says it doesn/t mean its true. UPMC Williamsport is over flowing---not with covid patients. In October 25% of all covid cases in PA in hospitals were vaxxed. You can find this info with little effort

Reactions: blmr31

the stats show that very few people age 40 are dying of covid. Nationally, 34,300 have died from COVID nationally in almost three years for people between 40 and 50. For 30 and 40, it is 14,140. These are both well under 1% of those testing positive.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT