ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Looking at last year, the peak was mid-January. I think that it will be more late January this year as things are so much more open and it will continue to spread. Although I do think you see a lot of things 'pause' for a few weeks like you see a lot of schools going virtual for January. So I think you will see it go down, but then as things open back up the numbers will start to creep up again. I don't think you see the huge downward trend like we have with other spikes, I think the downward trend is going to extend out for a longer period of time.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
breaking effing news from CNN

this is what really pisses me off. Fauci, CDC, NIH, etc....should have been saying this from the start. That basically if you are obese and/or in bad healthy, you are at high risk REGARDLESS of vaccination of not. That the best thing for people not to DIE from covid is to start getting more healthy. Eat better, exercise more, get proper sleep. the fact that this was literally never brought up is one of the key points to battling covid showed me this was about politics as much as medical science.

Just crazy that CNN thinks that is breaking news. Anyone with a brain has known that for at least a year. Guess they had to say it was 100% Trump that was killing people and not their own terrible lifestyles. Now they shift to this to protect Magoo.

this is what really pisses me off. Fauci, CDC, NIH, etc....should have been saying this from the start. That basically if you are obese and/or in bad healthy, you are at high risk REGARDLESS of vaccination of not. That the best thing for people not to DIE from covid is to start getting more healthy. Eat better, exercise more, get proper sleep. the fact that this was literally never brought up is one of the key points to battling covid showed me this was about politics as much as medical science.
...THREE YEARS LATER!

Reactions: bison13
Found out this morning that co-worker and his wife have Covid. They are about 5 days in with symptoms. They are older and suffering pretty good, but not enough to need to go to hospital. I hope it remains that way for them. Fingers crossed.

They cannot pinpoint where they may have gotten it.

if thats not a 'no sh!t sherlock' moment then I dont know what is.

On christmas eve day I was out trimming some branches off of a big oak in my back lot, about 12 ft up, and fell. Ended up with a couple cracked ribs, but the funny things is that I went to express care and they said they werent taking any more people that day as they had a full docket already. I looked around and saw only 1 person over 35 or so in the place so I asked and the receptionist said every person in there was waiting for a test and for me to go to the emergency room.

So I drive to the ER and basically get told the same thing. I asked if broken ribs were an emergency and they said it would be at least a 5 hr wait because every other person (unless one comes in with a life threatening issue) wanted a test. They understood my issue and even said that a LOT of hospital beds were taken up by people who test positive but really had no symptoms, they just said they had all the symptoms so they could be kept in the hospital overnight

On christmas eve day I was out trimming some branches off of a big oak in my back lot, about 12 ft up, and fell. Ended up with a couple cracked ribs, but the funny things is that I went to express care and they said they werent taking any more people that day as they had a full docket already. I looked around and saw only 1 person over 35 or so in the place so I asked and the receptionist said every person in there was waiting for a test and for me to go to the emergency room.

So I drive to the ER and basically get told the same thing. I asked if broken ribs were an emergency and they said it would be at least a 5 hr wait because every other person (unless one comes in with a life threatening issue) wanted a test. They understood my issue and even said that a LOT of hospital beds were taken up by people who test positive but really had no symptoms, they just said they had all the symptoms so they could be kept in the hospital overnight
Damn. That is sad. I cannot imagine wanting to spend a night in hospital just because I tested positive. WTF.

So which one was you?

Took my daughter in December 24th as she had a sore throat for a few days and was really complaining. Saw the night before the Urgent care opened at 7AM and starting taking on-line appointments at 7:15AM. Signed up online exactly at 7:15 and it said 15-20 minute wait. Arrived at the office at 7:30AM. Finally got in to see the doctor at 9:30AM, so a 2.15 hour wait. When I left the office, I heard the receptionist telling people on the phone that the wait was 4+ hours for an appointment. I know talking to a few other people, many of the Urgent care's literally stop taking appointments after about noon to 1PM as they were already booked for the day at that point.

Yep, it's ripping through the country at a record pace which isn't great, but it's not really a bad thing either long term. Another week or 2 I think before we see it really fall hard again or so I hope. We finally got our 5 year old shot one over the Xmas break since we wanted to see if she would have any symptoms from the shot. Nothing slowed her down and they don't go back until Thursday thankfully.
Giving a 5 year old a COVID shot is child abuse. Nice job.

Giving a 5 year old a COVID shot is child abuse. Nice job.
Yes protecting my child with my Doctor's advice is exactly that. You watch all of these good people on this site won't say boo to you about this even though your comment is pure trailer trash. Go F--k yourself and drop dead. I'm sure your PHD in YouTube research has plenty to back up those comments too.

Yes protecting my child with my Doctor's advice is exactly that. You watch all of these good people on this site won't say boo to you about this even though your comment is pure trailer trash. Go F--k yourself and drop dead. I'm sure your PHD in YouTube research has plenty to back up those comments too.
I'm sorry for your child that you made such a terrible decision.

You have changed the issue that I was addressing and that's fine.

Those eligibility standards are for the state of New York which illustrate how those in control there are at least a half bubble off.

To say that the non-white or Hispanic populations experience an increased risk of severe illness and death from Covid based upon systemic and social inequities as a contributing factor is not based on the data. Look at the numbers and percentages in this breakdown, and ignore the bolded conclusion in the lead in.

COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Race/Ethnicity: Current Data and Changes Over Time​

Disparities in Total COVID-19 Cases and Deaths​

Cumulative data over time show persisting disparities in cases for Hispanic people and deaths for Black people. As of October 5, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported a total of over 34.5 million cases, for which race/ethnicity was known for 64% or over 22.4 million, and a total of over 570,000 deaths, for which race/ethnicity was known for 84% or over 480,000. As shown in Figure 1, among cases and deaths with known race/ethnicity:
  • Hispanic people represent a larger share of cases relative to their share of the total population (27% vs. 17%), while their share of deaths is more proportionate to their share of the population (18% vs. 17%)
  • Black people make up a similar share of cases relative to their share of the population (12%), but account for a slightly higher share of deaths compared to their population share (14% vs. 12%).
  • AIAN and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (NHOPI) people make up similar shares of cases and deaths relative to their shares of the population.
  • White people account for a lower share of cases compared to their share of the population (51% vs. 60%) but a similar share of deaths compared to their population share (59% vs. 60%)
  • Asian people make up a lower share of cases and deaths compared to their population share (3% and 4%, respectively, vs. 6%).
The only stats that are important are hospitalizations and deaths. Case counts are 100% irrelevant. All this data tells me is that Hispanic people likely than White people to get tested. No other data points are significant variations from the expected results.

Just heard the President say “if you are vaccinated you can’t catch Covid”. So since he is following the science why would anyone care if some don’t get vaccinated. If you are vaccinated you can’t catch the virus. All science, no politics. Right
If he said that he needs to be removed from office because hes dumber then even i thought he was.

Reactions: RussianEagle
HEY MORON.... kids dont get sick from covid without underlying conditions....if your doctor doesnt beleive that they qre a science denier just like you.
Sorry douche but it’s his choice as the parent. The original poster stated it was child abuse. That is an irresponsible statement. The vaccine is approved for use at that age. You have no idea of the circumstances nor are you even remotely qualified to determine who should get the shots.

Let me get this straight. You are saying that hospitals and care facilities are admitting or treating people who aren't really sick but
Didnt ask but considering Montgomery cou ty md is one of the highest vaxxed places in the world, either they are vaxxed or a lot of non white people are lying about their vax status.

Sorry douche but it’s his choice as the parent. The original poster stated it was child abuse. That is an irresponsible statement. The vaccine is approved for use at that age. You have no idea of the circumstances nor are you even remotely qualified to determine who should get the shots.
It is child abuse....its onething for you to take a useless drug. Its a whole different thing if youre that dumb to out it in your kids arm. There is NO SCIENCE that makes that decision logical unless there are underlying conditions. Which of course of there were you would say. Its sad that people like you have kids Hope your kid forgives you someday. Doubt they will.

Reactions: dbsteel
The only stats that are important are hospitalizations and deaths. Case counts are 100% irrelevant. All this data tells me is that Hispanic people likely than White people to get tested. No other data points are significant variations from the expected results.
I only posted those statistics to challenge New York's conclusion that the non-white or Hispanic populations experience an increased risk of severe illness and death from Covid based upon systemic and social inequities is not based on the data. I assume you agree.

It is child abuse....its onething for you to take a useless drug. Its a whole different thing if youre that dumb to out it in your kids arm. There is NO SCIENCE that makes that decision logical unless there are underlying conditions. Which of course of there were you would say. Its sad that people like you have kids Hope your kid forgives you someday. Doubt they will.
Shows you how much you comprehend what you read. I wasn’t the one posted they had their kid vaccinated. My kids are adults. Again you have no idea what you are talking about

Let me get this straight. You are saying that hospitals and care facilities are admitting or treating people who aren't really sick but merely because they test positive?

Did you happen ask if the people they were admitting and treating were fully vaccinated and/or boosted?
I know there are literally thousands of people going to the ER to get Covid tested with mild symptoms. It is a huge issue for hospitals and Urgent Cares because normal 'sick' people cannot get an appt. for normal stuff like strep throat, etc....so basically the health care system is broken right now as essentially unless you have a life threatening injury, there is no medical care right now.

Reactions: PSUfiji and bison13
Damn. That is sad. I cannot imagine wanting to spend a night in hospital just because I tested positive. WTF.
Now remember this is in Crazy Montgomery County Maryland, but a high school basketball player tested positive and his parents took him to the ER even though he was asymptomatic. The parents had the hospital keep him because his pulse and blood pressure Etc were all very low. It's like they were too dumb to realize that this is an athlete who's in great shape. Thankfully he was out the next day.

Reactions: bytir and PSUfiji
I'm curious as to why you think that LaJollaLion should ignore the advice of his doctor and follow your advice? It would seem that if there is a disagreement within the medical community as to what treatment is preferred, it isn't child abuse to follow either of the medically endorsed choices.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Once again this thread doesn’t disappoint. The echo chamber is loud in here and so much of it is BS. Just yell Fauci and blame the MSM while saying it’s political as they pour their own gas on it. Then go quiet when dips!it’s make absurd claims. These idiots really do think that Facebook makes them a Doctor, but I’ll still go the actual ones. Crazy thought.

FYI, the ER system has been broken for years, this is no different. My wife and I waited 8 hrs in an ER 3 years ago.

bison13 mentioned that people were being admitted but 'weren't really sick." That defies logic.
don't disagree with the state of the hospital system, but waiting 8 hours is somewhat unique. Up until the last month, you could still get into an urgent care relatively quickly and get into an ER (depending on where you live) in a reasonable amount of time. Right now, you cannot. Some Urgent Care's near me are literally temporarily shut down as they dont' have enough staff. As I mentioned before, unless you schedule an appt. first thing in the morning at an urgent care, you cannot get one. That has never happened before in my lifetime.

I'm curious as to why you think that LaJollaLion should ignore the advice of his doctor and follow your advice? It would seem that if there is a disagreement within the medical community as to what treatment is preferred, it isn't child abuse to follow either of the medically endorsed choices.
It's basic common sense, kids with no underlying condition have ZERO chance of getting seriously ill. They have brain washed people into thinking you need a shot for something that won't harm a child. The claim that has been debunked is you can't get it or spread it if you're vaccinated. So little Timmy can kill grandma with or without the vaccine. To put an experimental drug in your kid is child abuse. The Doctor should lose their right to practice.

Your average family doctor is not free to use his/her common sense or medical knowledge when advising for or against a COVID vaccine for your kid. Doctors can be cancelled by the hospital or medical board or local media for not following the party line. Plus there's a more immediate danger. If your doc thinks the risk/benefit of covid vaccine for a 5 year old is not nearly worth it and he/she advises against it, and something bad happens to your kid, they're in a world of trouble. But if they advise you to get it, and it turns out to be bad advice, they have zero liability. They're following the narrative and the government pays off the injured family. No lawsuit, no damage to them. And they can rationalize away their guilt.

Your average family doctor is not free to use his/her common sense or medical knowledge when advising for or against a COVID vaccine for your kid. Doctors can be cancelled by the hospital or medical board or local media for not following the party line. Plus there's a more immediate danger. If your doc thinks the risk/benefit of covid vaccine for a 5 year old is not nearly worth it and he/she advises against it, and something bad happens to your kid, they're in a world of trouble. But if they advise you to get it, and it turns out to be bad advice, they have zero liability. They're following the narrative and the government pays off the injured family. No lawsuit, no damage to them. And they can rationalize away their guilt.
great post....and this is why you are on your own. Doctors are directed by insurance companies and established norms. These are done at the macro level. So if you have a five year old, maybe with a couple of potential comorbidities, you are really on your own. That is the source of my frustration: the govt not only didn't give us the data, actively shut down sources on social media. I know that many social media outlets have some extreme views but this is the source of the division: there are some that think the govt is needed to fix their problems and there are those that think govt is the problem. In the end, it comes down to the individual.

Reactions: MacNit07

Q bingo almost. We had media, cancelled, narrative, and party line. You missed Fauci. Maybe your Doctors are a-holes, I don't know, but mine has a child the same age. She must be just a liar as I mean that Facebook driven drivel sounds more realistic than her own actions.

Q bingo almost. We had media, cancelled, narrative, and party line. You missed Fauci. Maybe your Doctors are a-holes, I don't know, but mine has a child the same age. She must be just a liar as I mean that Facebook driven drivel sounds more realistic than her own actions.
Well 2 days ago Fauci said taking a Covid test on day 5 won't tell you if you are contagious then today says well a test on day 5 is what you may need to exit isolation. If you're so blind to not see these guys have no clue what they are doing well --go get your 4th and 5th shots.

Reactions: Ski
Well 2 days ago Fauci said taking a Covid test on day 5 won't tell you if you are contagious then today says well a test on day 5 is what you may need to exit isolation. If you're so blind to not see these guys have no clue what they are doing well --go get your 4th and 5th shots.
I know man,,,,you, facebook, OAN, and Joe Rogan are the real experts. How much lab time did you put in today? nutjobs. Good job on closing out the Q anon bingo with the Fauci reference.....Tucker and the other crackpots are proud. The sheer level of arrogance to sit here and act like you're some infectious diseases expert anyone here should be listening to is off the charts. I'm sure you believe the BS you type....but again...I'll go with my physician over you. Ask your Doctor what they think, but I think most here that are like you either have the 4% left out there as their Doc's or just won't ask as you would rather have Facebook meme's guide you.

Last edited:
It's basic common sense, kids with no underlying condition have ZERO chance of getting seriously ill. They have brain washed people into thinking you need a shot for something that won't harm a child. The claim that has been debunked is you can't get it or spread it if you're vaccinated. So little Timmy can kill grandma with or without the vaccine. To put an experimental drug in your kid is child abuse. The Doctor should lose their right to practice.
That seems to be a rather simplistic position when discussing whether a parent who has their 5 year old vaccinated is guilty of child abuse and whether a doctor who advises for the vaccination should "lose their right to practice."

This article illustrates the other side of the argument and could be the basis for the opinion that 1) any parent of a 5 year old who doesn't get their child vaccinated is guilty of child abuse and 2) any doctor who advises against the vaccination should "lose their right to practice."

Reactions: PSU2UNC
That seems to be a rather simplistic position when discussing whether a parent who has their 5 year old vaccinated is guilty of child abuse and whether a doctor who advises for the vaccination should "lose their right to practice."

This article illustrates the other side of the argument and could be the basis for the opinion that 1) any parent of a 5 year old who doesn't get their child vaccinated is guilty of child abuse and 2) any doctor who advises against the vaccination should "lose their right to practice."

Parents should be hesitant. We waited a couple of months and with Omicron blowing up, we still like seeing our family who are older and decided now was the time. Our Doc said go for it and school was out. I don't understand how some people can trick themselves into being Doctors overnight. YouTube and FaceBook must be offering degrees I guess. Thanks for the article but Ivy League published papers are in on the conspiracy. These evil people hate America and freedom or so we are being told by flat earther types.

Parents should be hesitant. We waited a couple of months and with Omicron blowing up, we still like seeing our family who are older and decided now was the time. Our Doc said go for it and school was out. I don't understand how some people can trick themselves into being Doctors overnight. YouTube and FaceBook must be offering degrees I guess. Thanks for the article but Ivy League published papers are in on the conspiracy. These evil people hate America and freedom or so we are being told by flat earther types.
Generally speaking, our society has devolved into absolutism where everything is black and white and no one can accept that others may disagree with them. Unfortunately people also find it necessary to attack those who disagree with them; respect for different opinions is a foreign concept out of the dark ages of yesteryear and this phenomenon has no political boundaries.

It is where we are; sadly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT