ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

0.925M shots yesterday so total up to 365.7M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.877M. 84.3% of shots administered is the national average, 61.1% of population with 1+ dose (71.5% of the eligible population > 12 years of age), 51.9% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 203 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 172 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

169,953 positives reported yesterday compared to 171,974 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 153,721.

Fatality was 1,215 reported yesterday compared to 1,167 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 995.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 87,297 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 85,611 compared to one week ago 77,516 up 12.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 12,297 compared yesterday 7-day average of 12,209 compared to one week ago 11,637 up 5.7%.

0.952M shots yesterday so total up to 368.8M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.886M.

So far, 204.4 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 173.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 72%; Fully vaccinated = 61.2%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 74%; Fully vaccinated = 63.3%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 92%; Fully vaccinated = 81.7%

Total Population with at least one dose = 61.6%; Fully vaccinated = 52.3%

37,262 positives reported yesterday compared to 121,470 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 135,070.

Fatality was 284 reported yesterday compared to 569 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 993.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 87,536 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 89,432 compared to one week ago 82,608 up 6.0%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 12,051compared yesterday 7-day average of 12,381 compared to one week ago 12,009 up 0.4%.

0.952M shots yesterday so total up to 368.8M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.886M.

So far, 204.4 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 173.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 72%; Fully vaccinated = 61.2%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 74%; Fully vaccinated = 63.3%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 92%; Fully vaccinated = 81.7%

Total Population with at least one dose = 61.6%; Fully vaccinated = 52.3%

37,262 positives reported yesterday compared to 121,470 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 135,070.

Fatality was 284 reported yesterday compared to 569 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 993.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 87,536 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 89,432 compared to one week ago 82,608 up 6.0%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 12,051compared yesterday 7-day average of 12,381 compared to one week ago 12,009 up 0.4%.

0.693M shots yesterday so total up to 369.5M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.898M.

So far, 204.7 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 173.8 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Total Population with at least one dose = 61.7%; Fully vaccinated = 52.4%

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 72.1%; Fully vaccinated = 61.3%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 74.1%; Fully vaccinated = 63.4%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 91.9%; Fully vaccinated = 81.7%

119.642 positives reported yesterday compared to 119,173 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 152,870.

Fatality was 569 reported yesterday compared to 595 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1075.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 84,639 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 87,536 compared to one week ago 83,992 up 0.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 11.533 compared yesterday 7-day average of 12,051 compared to one week ago 12,117 DOWN 4.8%.

Big data point today, new hospital admission down week over week. Have not seen that in a while and tells me that Delta is hitting it's plateau. Hospitalizations up slightly but I suspect tomorrow that number will start going down as well. Will be interesting to see the daily positives the rest of week once full reporting starts to see if we start to see that level off as well.

0.693M shots yesterday so total up to 369.5M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.898M.

So far, 204.7 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 173.8 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Total Population with at least one dose = 61.7%; Fully vaccinated = 52.4%

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 72.1%; Fully vaccinated = 61.3%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 74.1%; Fully vaccinated = 63.4%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 91.9%; Fully vaccinated = 81.7%

119.642 positives reported yesterday compared to 119,173 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 152,870.

Fatality was 569 reported yesterday compared to 595 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1075.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 84,639 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 87,536 compared to one week ago 83,992 up 0.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 11.533 compared yesterday 7-day average of 12,051 compared to one week ago 12,117 DOWN 4.8%.

Big data point today, new hospital admission down week over week. Have not seen that in a while and tells me that Delta is hitting it's plateau. Hospitalizations up slightly but I suspect tomorrow that number will start going down as well. Will be interesting to see the daily positives the rest of week once full reporting starts to see if we start to see that level off as well.

0.655M shots yesterday so total up to 370.2M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.899M.

So far, 205.0 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 174.1 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

Total Population with at least one dose = 61.8%; Fully vaccinated = 52.4%

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 72.2%; Fully vaccinated = 61.4%

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 74.2%; Fully vaccinated = 63.5%

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 92.0%; Fully vaccinated = 81.7%

156,002 positives reported yesterday compared to 158,456 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 159,118.

Fatality was 1,232 reported yesterday compared to 1,081 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1075.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 90,279 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 84,639 compared to one week ago 85,350 up 5.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 12,151 compared yesterday 7-day average of 11,533 compared to one week ago 12,258 DOWN 0.9%.

Daily Positives Top states: Florida-18608, California-17790, Texas-16835, Georgia-10521, Tennessee-9686, Ohio-5914, North Carolina-5351, South Carolina-4602, Kentucky-4534, New York-4419, Minnesota-3870, Indiana-3535, Virginia-3487, Washington-3355, Pennsylvania-3249, Arkansas-2626, Wisconsin-2531

Note that hospital admission down again week over week. Now Louisiana did not report for obvious reasons so that could account for a little of it but I think we are reaching the start of the plateau.

If that is inaccurate data he should be called out. If it is accurate why shouldn't those numbers be ;part of the discussion?
The numbers were accurate. The problem I have with he way he presented the numbers is that he suggested that 6000 people died BECAUSE of the vaccine. Had significantly more than 6000 people NOT died after having been vaccinated, I would have been surprised. Thousands of People die every day .

He was also one of the talking heads who suggested that Covid numbers were exaggerated because they included people who died with Covid rather than because of it.

My comment about the “echo chamber” was referring to people who have only chosen to view Covid from one angle due to where they receive their information.

Some folks believe vaccines are foolish because our immune system should be adequate. Others because of all he vaccine conspiracy theories out there. Still others because hey believe there are adequate cures.

Then on the other side, there are people who think they are safe because they have been vaccinated. These same people criticize the need for remedies and additional preventative measures. In their minds , vaccines are the only appropriate course.

people have tended to adopt a position on Covid and then seek out information to support that position. Here’s where the ”echo chamber” comment comes from. Too many people seek only information, articles, studies etc. that support the position they’ve already adopted.
Unfortunately, people on the left and especially the media lump all people who question the vaccine into either Trumpers or anti-vaxers. That doesn’t help the messaging.

I
Unfortunately, people on the left and especially the media lump all people who question the vaccine into either Trumpers or anti-vaxers. That doesn’t help the messaging.
I suspect that everyone knows people who have chosen not to be vaccinated. In my private world, my entire family has been vaccinated. This includes parents, children, siblings , nephews and nieces. Their political views span the spectrum as do their ages and financial well-being.

in my professional and social life, I know many unvaccinated people who are very vocal about their choices. They fall into three groups.

1. Two “people of color” who have concerns about historical vaccine testing On minorities.

2. Several (4 or 5) people who are opposed to vaccines of any kind. They have held this position long before Covid came along.

3. More than a dozen Trump supporters.

Obviously, these are my own observations, but I’d be interested to hear what others here have experienced.

The numbers were accurate. The problem I have with he way he presented the numbers is that he suggested that 6000 people died BECAUSE of the vaccine. Had significantly more than 6000 people NOT died after having been vaccinated, I would have been surprised. Thousands of People die every day .

He was also one of the talking heads who suggested that Covid numbers were exaggerated because they included people who died with Covid rather than because of it.
From the VAERS database "Guide to interpreting data". Not surprisingly, Tucker didnt read this part.

Guide to Interpreting VAERS Data​

Evaluating VAERS Data​

Person looking at charts on a hand-held device

When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

Reactions: PAstr
Not sure, but I bet they get their information from the same echo chamber. By the way, my friend is unvaccinated because he doesn’t want his DNA affected by experimental vaccines when he knows he can cure Covid with puppy pills , zinc and malaria tablets.
Cochrane review of ivermectin.

Cochrane database reviews all kind of medical data, from treatment of heart attacks to diagnosis of concussions.
They have an international panel of expert physicians and statisticians review numerous clinical trials that address the topic of interest.

For instance ivermectin. For this particular review, the authors were mostly form Germany or UK.

Cliff notes and interview.

Bottom line: Ivermectin doesnt work for severe Covid, mild (pre-hospital) Covid, or to prevent Covid.

I

I suspect that everyone knows people who have chosen not to be vaccinated. In my private world, my entire family has been vaccinated. This includes parents, children, siblings , nephews and nieces. Their political views span the spectrum as do their ages and financial well-being.

in my professional and social life, I know many unvaccinated people who are very vocal about their choices. They fall into three groups.

1. Two “people of color” who have concerns about historical vaccine testing On minorities.

2. Several (4 or 5) people who are opposed to vaccines of any kind. They have held this position long before Covid came along.

Obviously, these are my own observations, but I’d be interested to hear what others here have experienced.
I know three people who haven’t been vaccinated:
1. Wasn’t sure he trusted it but now that it has FDA approval, he will get it.
2. A woman who is trying to get pregnant and doesn’t want to get it at this point, but she and her husband are trying to be careful (she’s a democrat by the way).
3. Someone who already had Covid so did not get the shot.

None are anti-vaxers or not getting it because they voted for Trump. All three are well educated and have very good jobs. Not every decision made by everyone is about politics and that includes not getting the vaccine.

2. A woman who is trying to get pregnant and doesn’t want to get it at this point, but she and her husband are trying to be careful (she’s a democrat by the way).

None are anti-vaxers or not getting it because they voted for Trump. All three are well educated and have very good jobs. Not every decision made by everyone is about politics and that includes not getting the vaccine.
Agreed. There are "those" who want to red pill, blue pill everyone. It isn't that simple. Il, for one, love the open dialogue and ability to learn. I simply HATE the bullying of people who dare think differently. The name calling is juvenile.

Secondly, it is clear that the risk profile is different for everyone...so it is not a one-size-fits-all. A healthy17-year-old has zero, statistically, threat. And, a surviving covid person is x6 more inoculated than someone taking the Vax.

Agreed. There are "those" who want to red pill, blue pill everyone. It isn't that simple. Il, for one, love the open dialogue and ability to learn. I simply HATE the bullying of people who dare think differently. The name calling is juvenile.

Secondly, it is clear that the risk profile is different for everyone...so it is not a one-size-fits-all. A healthy17-year-old has zero, statistically, threat. And, a surviving covid person is x6 more inoculated than someone taking the Vax.
I’m certain quite a few politicians are going to come out of this pandemic waaayyyy wealthier than they were before. But it’s all about the health of their constituents (wink wink).

Reactions: harjeff and 91Joe95
I checked VAERS after receiving my Pfizer vaccine. I entered the lot number, and saw 16 people at the time who had received the same lot of the vaccine had died. I started looking through at the ages... most were in their 80s and 90s. Assuming lot sizes are in the millions of doses per lot, that is not unexpected for a number of people, especially elderly to die out of a population of a few millions.

I then saw that a 30 something year old had died, I looked a little more and he weighed just over 230... I weigh about 230 (pounds)....

After looking more carefully I notice that he weighed over 230 kilograms... over 500 pounds.

So yes people who get the vaccine die. Some probably die from the vaccine itself from the vaccine, but the number is very, very low.

I checked VAERS after receiving my Pfizer vaccine. I entered the lot number, and saw 16 people at the time who had received the same lot of the vaccine had died. I started looking through at the ages... most were in their 80s and 90s. Assuming lot sizes are in the millions of doses per lot, that is not unexpected for a number of people, especially elderly to die out of a population of a few millions.

I then saw that a 30 something year old had died, I looked a little more and he weighed just over 230... I weigh about 230 (pounds)....

After looking more carefully I notice that he weighed over 230 kilograms... over 500 pounds.

So yes people who get the vaccine die. Some probably die from the vaccine itself from the vaccine, but the number is very, very low.
Remember too that VAERS is an unverified system that does not actually determine if the vaccine was the cause of that death.

Even if we can say that, for instance, 99.9% of people under the age of 40 will survive a covid infection, that percentage is still far greater than the percentage of people who will get any long term side effects from the vaccine (for instance, myocarditis reported in about 1 in a million vaccine cases, whatever that percentage works out to be).

I’m glad you mentioned the “previously infected “ group. Of the Trump people I know, two of them were previously infected.

The first got quite ill for ten days last April. His wife got mildly sick and his daughter, while positive, was asymptotic. Last month, all them of contracted the delta variant. Wife was hospitalized, daughter mildly symptomatic, husband mildly symptoms. All have recovered.

the second Trump guy swears he must have been infected, but has not been tested to determine if that is in fact the case.

I’m glad you mentioned the “previously infected “ group. Of the Trump people I know, two of them were previously infected.

The first got quite ill for ten days last April. His wife got mildly sick and his daughter, while positive, was asymptotic. Last month, all them of contracted the delta variant. Wife was hospitalized, daughter mildly symptomatic, husband mildly symptoms. All have recovered.

the second Trump guy swears he must have been infected, but has not been tested to determine if that is in fact the case.
And I’m sure some of the people you know who have been vaccinated got it or will get it, so not really different from the ones who had Covid before.

I’m sure you are correct. I was only responding to your comment that the liberals and the media are suggesting only Trump supporters are unvaccinated. I can only talk about the people I personally know. Furthermore, I can only comment about people who choose to announce their unvaccinated status to me.

My comment about the “echo chamber” was referring to people who have only chosen to view Covid from one angle due to where they receive their information.

Some folks believe vaccines are foolish because our immune system should be adequate. Others because of all he vaccine conspiracy theories out there. Still others because hey believe there are adequate cures.

Then on the other side, there are people who think they are safe because they have been vaccinated. These same people criticize the need for remedies and additional preventative measures. In their minds , vaccines are the only appropriate course.

people have tended to adopt a position on Covid and then seek out information to support that position. Here’s where the ”echo chamber” comment comes from. Too many people seek only information, articles, studies etc. that support the position they’ve already adopted.
I don't disagree with your point but unfortunately the way media (and more specifically social media) works leads people into very narrow rabbit holes for their viewpoints. Most people pick a favorite news source and just routinely turn on that channel. And once you start interacting with certain types of media in social you just get spoon fed more and more of the same to try to keep you engaged and active on the site.

I'm sure there are many that seek to only confirm their viewpoints but I bet there's a lot that think they are forming independent conclusions based on "EVERYTHING" they've seen and heard about covid.

Reactions: PAstr
I

I’ll play. On a personal note. We have a new and our first grandchild and mom and dad were pretty adamant about us getting vaxxed. So that was easy. I only know a few unvaccinated ( at least who admit it)
1 not sure why but my guess is some sort of religious beliefs. She is also 58 in great shape hikes a lot outdoors and is very thin. Maybe she minimizes the risks.
1 played golf yesterday with a 30 something Uber liberal kid with a ponytail who either is into crypto or pot (legal out here in Ca) I describe him because he is likely the furthest person in the world from. Trump supporter. When the subject come up he said “you (meaning me) should get the shot you are old the 3rd in our group around 50 and he said is in the middle and this 30 something said I am young thin healthy and try to social distance so no need for me.
Finally a good friend who never slowed down is over 60 but always thought if he got it he’d get over it. He is also the blood type that seems to best resist the virus. ( type O?)
I happen to believe many folks resisting the vax just do not trust the government.That group I am sure skews toward a Trump supporter but it isn’t because of Trump. I have said repeatedly
Trump’s legacy will be the vaccine
He had Covid recovered and had sufficient anti bodies to not need the vaccine and yet still got vaccinated.
Folks wanting to still blame Trump still have Orange Man bad TDS.

I’ll play. On a personal note. We have a new and our first grandchild and mom and dad were pretty adamant about us getting vaxxed. So that was easy. I only know a few unvaccinated ( at least who admit it)
1 not sure why but my guess is some sort of religious beliefs. She is also 58 in great shape hikes a lot outdoors and is very thin. Maybe she minimizes the risks.
1 played golf yesterday with a 30 something Uber liberal kid with a ponytail who either is into crypto or pot (legal out here in Ca) I describe him because he is likely the furthest person in the world from. Trump supporter. When the subject come up he said “you (meaning me) should get the shot you are old the 3rd in our group around 50 and he said is in the middle and this 30 something said I am young thin healthy and try to social distance so no need for me.
Finally a good friend who never slowed down is over 60 but always thought if he got it he’d get over it. He is also the blood type that seems to best resist the virus. ( type O?)
I happen to believe many folks resisting the vax just do not trust the government.That group I am sure skews toward a Trump supporter but it isn’t because of Trump. I have said repeatedly
Trump’s legacy will be the vaccine
He had Covid recovered and had sufficient anti bodies to not need the vaccine and yet still got vaccinated.
Folks wanting to still blame Trump still have Orange Man bad TDS.
I don’t “blame Trump”……..I’m talking about how you categorize those you know ,who have chosen to not me vaccinated . In my case, those people ar largely Trump supporters.

I don't disagree with your point but unfortunately the way media (and more specifically social media) works leads people into very narrow rabbit holes for their viewpoints. Most people pick a favorite news source and just routinely turn on that channel. And once you start interacting with certain types of media in social you just get spoon fed more and more of the same to try to keep you engaged and active on the site.

I'm sure there are many that seek to only confirm their viewpoints but I bet there's a lot that think they are forming independent conclusions based on "EVERYTHING" they've seen and heard about covid.
And that’s the problem. Many believe they have heard “ everything “. While not realizing they are in an ”echo chamber.”…..see the Gateway Pundit

Reactions: Ohio_Pirate
I don’t “blame Trump”……..I’m talking about how you categorize those you know ,who have chosen to not me vaccinated . In my case, those people ar largely Trump supporters.
If my theory is correct wouldn't it be better to say a large group have no trust in the government.
While accurate would it be fair to say a very high percentage of those not getting vaxxed are Obama supporters. [young, African American, Latino etc.]

If my theory is correct wouldn't it be better to say a large group have no trust in the government.
While accurate would it be fair to say a very high percentage of those not getting vaxxed are Obama supporters. [young, African American, Latino etc.]
The area hs football teams were asked to find out vax rates of their teams. Purely voluntary responses from all but the highest % of those stating they are not and will not are exactly those you mentioned in your last line.

I’m not sure I get what you’re trying to say.

I just got to watch Tucker Carlson describe the woman who went to Hawaii with a forged vaccine card (and got arrested ) as a victim ………..hhhhhmmmm….I know a lot of folks in Hawaii. They are aware of how vulnerable they are to any interruptions they might suffer can affect their survival. This includes food, water and hospital beds. Hawaii , right or wrong, has chosen to severely limit who can enter. Tucker wants to frame this differently.

I just got to watch Tucker Carlson describe the woman who went to Hawaii with a forged vaccine card (and got arrested ) as a victim ………..hhhhhmmmm….I know a lot of folks in Hawaii. They are aware of how vulnerable they are to any interruptions they might suffer can affect their survival. This includes food, water and hospital beds. Hawaii , right or wrong, has chosen to severely limit who can enter. Tucker wants to frame this differently.
Other than those 250 people that went to the Little League World Series….they were perfectly fine. You don’t seem to want to accept the fact that Carlson doesn’t think the government or anyone should force people to get vaccinated and that applies to everyone.

Other than those 250 people that went to the Little League World Series….they were perfectly fine. You don’t seem to want to accept the fact that Carlson doesn’t think the government or anyone should force people to get vaccinated and that applies to everyone.
Here’s the deal…..get vaccinated or don’t go to Hawaii!!! What are you missing? Should states not have rights?

Here’s the deal…..get vaccinated or don’t go to Hawaii!!! What are you missing? Should states not have rights?

I'm not sure constitutionally states can actually prevent travel between states.

Considering it’s part of the United States and people in the US have rights, it depends on whether you think state’s rights are more important than individual rights.

I’m not sure I get what you’re trying to say.
Well it is clear to most that labeling those not wanting to get vaxxed as Trump supporters is a way to denigrate both Trump and R's in general as the problem. The point is while it may be mathematically true there is in my view not a causal relationship. Similarly if blacks, latino's and young people have a high not vaxxed rate it isn't because of Obama. but it would be mathematically true. I believe the term is dog whistle. Invoking Trump/unvaxxed together is a dogwhistle for anti R bigotry..

I don’t think , constitutionally, states should be able dictate travel between states. Having said that, Texas had troopers stopping vehicles coming into the state from the “high risk” state of Louisiana. New York restricted my stay in their fair city as an “essential employee ” because I had entered from a high risk state. Hawaii said be vaccinated or have a negative test. This idiot forged a vaccine card, got caught and got thrown in the can. She should still be in jail. She chose to break Hawaiian laws . It had nothing to do with her travel to Hawaii.

I don’t think , constitutionally, states should be able dictate travel between states. Having said that, Texas had troopers stopping vehicles coming into the state from the “high risk” state of Louisiana. New York restricted my stay in their fair city as an “essential employee ” because I had entered from a high risk state. Hawaii said be vaccinated or have a negative test. This idiot forged a vaccine card, got caught and got thrown in the can. She should still be in jail. She chose to break Hawaiian laws . It had nothing to do with her travel to Hawaii.
So states should be able to make mask mandates illegal then, right?

Nobody forced this person to be vaccinated. The state of Hawaii simply said she couldn’t hang out there unless she either had been, or had a negative test within 72 hours or chose to isolate at her own expense. She opted for falsifying a vaccine card. OK bimbo……your ass goes to jail…….let Tucker plead your case.

By the way, Hawaii has handled this Covid thing better than most places around the globe.

Nobody forced this person to be vaccinated. The state of Hawaii simply said she couldn’t hang out there unless she either had been, or had a negative test within 72 hours or chose to isolate at her own expense. She opted for falsifying a vaccine card. OK bimbo……your ass goes to jail…….let Tucker plead your case.

By the way, Hawaii has handled this Covid thing better than most places around the globe.
They’re a f$$king island….duh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT