ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

The argument that a coordinated global sanctions hurts the collective us more than them is silly. We are just too soft and 600,000 dead [4 million worldwide] doesn't really matter. Sanctions can take many forms. How about this. Freeze their assets, a global default on their debt. Defaulting on debt usually has severe repercussions but if it was done not because anyone had to but only because they were not abiding by international law would have little effect except to cripple the Chinese.
Not to get into another subject but if we won't stand up to the Taliban we won't even blink while the Chinese do whatever they like..
Yeah...listen, it is just the threat of sanctions...at least enough to get the CCP to be more transparent to the rest of the world. Another example is their lack of accounting standards for Chinese companies. Regardless, the world has an opportunity to reign this in. The CCP is defensive and on its heels. A coordinated effort to keep people from buying Chinese-made goods is all that is needed. Vietnam would be happy to step in and see manufacturing increase there (Cambodia, Thailand, etc.).

Not specific to this poster but it boggles the mind to think that people want a ref to be fired to missing a critical holding call on 3rd and 3 yet 4,000,000 dead is just the price of doing business with the CCP. Amazing.
complete agreement there. strange to me how the far left progressive movement basically can at best ignore, or sometimes defend, China considering the horrible civil liberties and rights violations that occur. my personal opinion is that the far left progressive movement by their own admission are Marxist such that at communist society like China is appealing to them.

My wife and I were discussing this, at least in part, the other day. Pre-COVID, in 2019, I guess, there were many reports of vapists getting lung disease. Many were teens and young adults. What happened with this?

Not all the vapists stopped vaping. On top of that, vaping and COVID has to be bad news. Where are the reports?

if i remember correctly, that actually was not the case and smoking was not seen as a major co-morbidity that had issues with Covid. that was me remembering back when some of the initial data came out back in the April/May timeframe in 2020. by I will say if smoking/vaping was a major co-morbidity that I think we would have heard more by now like with obesity and diabetes and high blood pressure.

Reactions: bison13
Shouldn't we have actual proof before we do any of the things you listed?
Yes, but fuq faces like Fauci go into Making claims that the origins of Covid were natural without proof. Without patient zero being identified to this day. As a so-called medical expert he’s supposed assess the data and info., not make false claims without proof. Eventually we find out fuq face is sponsoring unethical gain of function research in the Wuhan lab. He went all in on his unsubstantiated natural theory right from the beginning.

complete agreement there. strange to me how the far left progressive movement basically can at best ignore, or sometimes defend, China considering the horrible civil liberties and rights violations that occur. my personal opinion is that the far left progressive movement by their own admission are Marxist such that at communist society like China is appealing to them.
well, I put it in the category of globalists versus nationalists.

We see media (news), sports (NBA, NFL, MLB), entertainment (Hollywood, Netflix, hulu, spotify, etc.) and tech giants (google, apple, facebook, twitter, etc.) going global. Growth is international as the USA is tapped out in terms of markets. Many times, at the expense of the USA. However, they gaslight this "for the good of the people" BS. So they tend to hammer America on our historic problems but cover up the CCP's current violations.

it is clear to me that nationalism has lost and is, largely, a thing of the past. Just check the ratings of the Olympics who has counted on nationalism and patriotism for viewers. Ouch. We will see the "nationalist" party do the same in order to compete.

BgjC.gif

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
Which is exactly why we spent trillions in welfare payments to American Farmers. Another round of economic sanctions on China should pretty much finish off the American Midwest.

Yeah, Trump(Peter Navarro...LOL) knew what to do.

Did it hurt the Chinese and Russians? The answer is yes. Yes it did. Not everything is black and white as you would like, but curling up into a timid little ball doesn't get the US what it wants.

We see media (news), sports (NBA, NFL, MLB), entertainment (Hollywood, Netflix, hulu, spotify, etc.) and tech giants (google, apple, facebook, twitter, etc.) going global. Growth is international as the USA is tapped out in terms of markets. Many times, at the expense of the USA. However, they gaslight this "for the good of the people" BS. So they tend to hammer America on our historic problems but cover up the CCP's current violations.

it is clear to me that nationalism has lost and is, largely, a thing of the past. Just check the ratings of the Olympics who has counted on nationalism and patriotism for viewers. Ouch. We will see the "nationalist" party do the same in order to compete.

BgjC.gif
i agree that people who make money globally will overlook just about anything, doesn't make it any less despicable how they overlook issues. Cannot be 'me too' movement in USA but ok with massive civil rights issues for women in other countries and still take their money. Either it is right or wrong and you call it out everywhere.
For the olympics, I just think in general people are just not as interested anymore. Some to do with what you said, but the fact professionals are allowed in is some of it, all the protests that were supposed to occur is some of it, covid was some of it, most things being live when people are asleep and getting results before it aired on TV was some of it.

A contagious disease that has a very high probability of spreading back to your own country AND hurts your export markets is a really dumb weapon.

Good luck using sanctions against the Chinese government. Any sanctions would hurt the U.S. economy way more.

I have no doubt that the Chinese government engaged in a coverup. Color me shocked that a government wants to hide some embarrassing event.

As long as this kind of research is being done there will always be a risk that this happens again.

Actually the Chinese were doing all they could to absorb the costs. Losing access to the largest economy hurts China way more than us.

if i remember correctly, that actually was not the case and smoking was not seen as a major co-morbidity that had issues with Covid. that was me remembering back when some of the initial data came out back in the April/May timeframe in 2020. by I will say if smoking/vaping was a major co-morbidity that I think we would have heard more by now like with obesity and diabetes and high blood pressure.
But if someone dies of lung cancer do they make a footnote somewhere that they were a smoker? I mean if someone has COPD they very well may have been a smoker. But a health 30 year old who died we may not know. But to your point you'd think if there was any connection they'd bring it up.

Yeah...listen, it is just the threat of sanctions...at least enough to get the CCP to be more transparent to the rest of the world. Another example is their lack of accounting standards for Chinese companies. Regardless, the world has an opportunity to reign this in. The CCP is defensive and on its heels. A coordinated effort to keep people from buying Chinese-made goods is all that is needed. Vietnam would be happy to step in and see manufacturing increase there (Cambodia, Thailand, etc.).

So the U.S. and other western countries should form an alliance?

o_O

LOL

A contagious disease that has a very high probability of spreading back to your own country AND hurts your export markets is a really dumb weapon.

Good luck using sanctions against the Chinese government. Any sanctions would hurt the U.S. economy way more.

I have no doubt that the Chinese government engaged in a coverup. Color me shocked that a government wants to hide some embarrassing event.

As long as this kind of research is being done there will always be a risk that this happens again.
maybe....but it didn't hurt china this time.

And I understand the risks...all the more reasons for the world community to demand openness and accountability. You don't undertake these kinds of activities, with risks of killing millions, without substantial risk mitigation processes, procedures and mitigation strategies. hell, I do with with computer downtime.

CDC graph showing infection rate by age group and percentage of vaccinations in that age group.

E9p62edVoAENmkA

And kids data is skewed due to the mass testing going on as school years begin as well as the huge spike in RSV cases causing incidental covid positive testing

Speaking of kids and vaccines

Show us your data, research, papers, etc.

I would like to read it.

The chinese were devaluing their dollar even further. So, to keep prices similar, they earned less, and the US government got revenue that they then used to help industries that were retaliated against, like agriculture.

For the Russians they couldn't build their pipeline to Germany. Of course, Biden quickly reversed that one.

Its all public information, you just weren't paying attention. Go back and look at the exchange rates, inflation, etc. There's nothing magical about it.

If they (or anyone) were to do things on purpose, I would expect that they would have an antidote lined up…why do you think China has a biological war capability in place? And to pull on that thread a bit further, do you find it curious that the impact to China has been under control (future still tbd)?

If this was an accident and if there was transparency in China, the impact could have been much, much better managed and possibly millions of lives could have been saved.

China must be held accountable. Probably the most important geopolitical issue in a generation. If the USA and the West shrinks from this issue, expect your kids and grandkids to live in a world dominated by the Communist Chinese…- will make life under tbe Taliban look like a day at the beach!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
show me...links

You don't know how to google? If only you were a little more curious...

Maybe you've forgotten Trump wanted the Chinese to stop devaluing their currency because it hurt US manufacturers. As you've pointed out, Trump took actions against them. You can see in the chart it was working. As he added more tariffs, they responded by devaluing their currency to maintain their pricing. Go ahead and hit max on the chart. It's a pretty fascinating chart. You can see the Chinese devaluing their currency whenever Trump would hit them more tariffs. Think back to your basic econ classes, what does that do to the price of Chinese goods? As an aside, look at those currency rates during the Obama and Biden years. Geez.

Here's one on US inflation. Look at those five and ten year rates. You'd think with those tariffs rates the US would have gotten crushed. Instead US wages went way up and inflation remained pretty steady, until this year.

I trust you can Google how Trump was able to stop the construction on the Russian pipeline, and how Biden completely acquiesced to Putin.

The lesson is 1) the US has great and effective soft power at its disposal and 2) you should probably pay better attention.

Reactions: StL_lion

BgjC.gif
Disagree. You can be a huge player on tbe global stage without bowing to communist dictatorships. Whatever happened to we win, they lose?

If they (or anyone) were to do things on purpose, I would expect that they would have an antidote lined up…why do you think China has a biological war capability in place? And to pull on that thread a bit further, do you find it curious that the impact to China has been under control (future still tbd)?

If this was an accident and if there was transparency in China, the impact could have been much, much better managed and possibly millions of lives could have been saved.

China must be held accountable. Probably the most important geopolitical issue in a generation. If the USA and the West shrinks from this issue, expect your kids and grandkids to live in a world dominated by the Communist Chinese…- will make life under tbe Taliban look like a day at the beach!
Agreed. Plus, people are acting like "oh, it was just a mistake, ok." Bullshit. If you are driving too fast for the conditions and run a red light and kill someone that is a mistake as well. If intend to have a campfire and end up burning down someone's house, that is a mistake too. If you share your meth and they die, that's a mistake too. In all of them, you can be up for serious consequences for negligence.

When you kill 4,000,000 people because your laxed process allowed the virus to leak if your coverup cause the world to not be able to react quickly allowing another 400,000 to die you should have consequences.

Disagree. You can be a huge player on tbe global stage without bowing to communist dictatorships. Whatever happened to we win, they lose?
Theoretically, you may be right. Realistically, that's not the way it's going. Here is another example

Tencent-backed ‘Top Gun’ cuts Taiwan flag from Tom Cruise’s jacket

so, tencent is a major Chinese-owned company. they are helping fund the Top Gun movie sequel. In the original, Tom C wears a leather jacket with national patches on it. In the original, one of those patches was Taiwan. In the sequel, that patch is suddenly removed without discussion.

Another was the NBA's silence on the Muslim abuse in China during the woke NBA season last year. NOBODY in the NBA dared to speak of this...not pop, Kerr, James or Adam Silver. Its like it was never even brought up.

Reactions: indynittany
Aww, you hurt my feelings.

So you have nothing to say to the testboard cockroach who posts his political bullshit in this thread?
If you’re referring to my post I voted for Biden. He’s my president you imbecile. If you don't think my president’s handling of this pandemic belongs in this thread then don’t read it.

You didn't provide a .org or .edu

New York Fed

Brookings

UC Davis

Conclusion Sufficient time has passed that we can assess the broad impacts of the U.S.-China trade war on California agricultural exports. There is no evidence that this blunt policy approach has had any success and instead it has only served to harm consumers in both countries and financially injured U.S. farmers.
right. of course, any trade war is not going to be successful in the short term. Secondly, this is exactly what china wants you to believe. I am of the understanding that previous generations made sacrifices for coming generations. If we want to continue to allow China to polute, violate trade policies, violate copywrites and patents, if it is OK to continue for them to enslave Muslim Ulighurs lets keep listening to the people who teach and don't do.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
...and hope spring eternal!

Out of one side the their mouths they say vaccine effectiveness is declining due to Delta. Out of the other side they want us to get boosters...of the same vaccine they say is declining due to Delta.

Early on the mRNA manufacturers said it was pretty easy to repackage those vaccines to account for variants. Yet I haven't heard a peep about that in months.

Out of one side the their mouths they say vaccine effectiveness is declining due to Delta. Out of the other side they want us to get boosters...of the same vaccine they say is declining due to Delta.

Early on the mRNA manufacturers said it was pretty easy to repackage those vaccines to account for variants. Yet I haven't heard a peep about that in months.

I look at it sort of like shocking a pool. Free chlorine depletes, you get an algae bloom, you bomb the pool to kill the algae, resulting in a clean pool. Of course, that’s reactive. Here, Rochelle, Rochelle is pushing a preventive booster. Granted, she has no data, but that’s just pesky science that could interfere with policy.

SMH, I swear, you guys just like to play dumb just so you can be argumentative.

ps... just yesterday I heard the Moderna CEO say they are working on a delta-specific vaccine, he also downplayed its need.

edit: Pfizer not Moderna

Last edited:
Reactions: tgar

i saw a Phizer exec say that they were very comfortable stating that they'd have a variant proof version out shortly. I don't think it hit the media because they, with the govt, is pushing a third shot and they don't want you to wait. So, my speculation is that we should all follow the money.

It is clear that the two shots are losing effectiveness and/or Delta is not as susceptible to the jabs. This is consistent. If so, we are going to see other states begin spiking soon if the third dose isn't available soon.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
i saw a Phizer exec say that they were very comfortable stating that they'd have a variant proof version out shortly. I don't think it hit the media because they, with the govt, is pushing a third shot and they don't want you to wait. So, my speculation is that we should all follow the money.

It is clear that the two shots are losing effectiveness and/or Delta is not as susceptible to the jabs. This is consistent. If so, we are going to see other states begin spiking soon if the third dose isn't available soon.

We're going to see spikes in other states because of the unvaccinated. We'll see more breakthrough cases because so many unvaccinated infected people will be walking around maskless repeatedly exposing the vaccinated.

Reactions: pa108
SMH, I swear, you guys just like to play dumb just so you can be argumentative.

ps... just yesterday I heard the Moderna CEO say they are working on a delta-specific vaccine, he also downplayed its need.

edit: Pfizer not Moderna
saw that too but, conversely (the actual article is behind the Forbes pay wall);

You didn't provide a .org or .edu

New York Fed

Brookings

American Enterprise Institute (AEI)

UC Davis

Conclusion Sufficient time has passed that we can assess the broad impacts of the U.S.-China trade war on California agricultural exports. There is no evidence that this blunt policy approach has had any success and instead it has only served to harm consumers in both countries and financially injured U.S. farmers.

Did you actually read the entire articles? They talk about how China was being hurt. Did California farmers get hurt? Yes, we already discussed that and Trump prioritized helping industries who were hurt using the tariff revenue. Hey, it's not Trump's fault Biden abandoned trade policies that were working.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT